Reviews for The Raven King
Joice Katlyn chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I'm in love with this story!
Slimetitty chapter 18 . 6/7/2010
I love this story, great plot and well written. That speech Arthur gave to Mark on the bench was absolute perfection. Thank you for this amazing story! ]
LalaithElerrina chapter 18 . 5/14/2010
Horray! You did fantastic, Midenian! What a wonderful story! I enjoyed it immensely. It was well done, and well thought out. It really helps to know where you're going with the story before you start writing, and you seemed to have that planned out quite well. You had good control over your story and your characters, and you created a very enjoyable tale. Thank you, again.
WendyLight chapter 18 . 5/12/2010
It is a pity that this is already the end. Nevertheless, it's a great and well written story. Thanks.
WendyLight chapter 4 . 5/12/2010
Wow! It is so according to the canon - and I like it very much.
Mh chapter 18 . 5/11/2010
Love it.
LalaithElerrina chapter 17 . 5/7/2010
Amazing chapter, Midenian. I feel so sorry for Charlie. I was chuckling at the part where Arthur almost revealed himself, and said, "I am-" and Charlie said, "hungry, right? Me too!" And saved him from revealing himself, but then I was so sad to seek Charlie killed. I liked him.

Again, you are doing a fantastic job of making your characters real and likable. That's no easy feat, but you're doing it wonderfully.
Tianne chapter 17 . 5/4/2010

I'm gutted! I have to say a HUGE well done for creating characters that we can care about. They've developed beautifully throughout the story. You've avoided all those nasty traps that so many writers fall into with OCs- eg, trying to introduce too many in one go, having a massive 'info dump' about them, assuming that because they love them then the reader will and so don't bother to develop them fully- and so on.

You're superb at creating tension and drawing the reader further and further in. I really have to know what happens next!
MH chapter 17 . 5/3/2010
Oh no!
Kyra chapter 16 . 5/3/2010
Sorry I haven't been reviewing-I keep not having time to read stuff online, and then catching up on several chapters in one go. Point is, I'm loving this story, and Mark is probably also my favorite. Possibly because you're being mean to him. I, uh, also like my favorite characters to suffer, whether I'm reading them or writing them. _ But telepathy/visions/magic FTW anyway, so.
LalaithElerrina chapter 16 . 4/30/2010
Oh my gosh, Midenina. You've really done a great job here. Your pacing and characters are very well done. Your characters are fleshed out real people, behaving in realistic ways. So far, I don't sense anything forced or unreal or shoved together for your own convenience, like... a story we were both very disappointed by a few years back, and which I don't need to mention. (By the way, wise people don't only learn from good examples about what to do, but they learn from bad examples about what NOT to do.)
I picture your characters as folks that I could meet on the street. They're very real, and their motivation is very real. They are people I am rooting for, and care about. And to create a character who is real to the reader and is someone the reader cares about, takes quite a lot of talent and work. It doesn't just happen.

So good for you, Midenian! Keep up the great work. You have heaps of talent.
7.Saavikam chapter 3 . 4/27/2010
"I cannot read." Ooh, yay, accurate! I like the way you've written him.
7.Saavikam chapter 2 . 4/27/2010
"His eyes caught on her dress pants, and his whole face flamed red." Teeheehee :) He must be unused to modern clothes. Oh, this shall be lovely.

Once again, this seems a little short, but should be interesting.
7.Saavikam chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Oh, this is so sad and yet so oddly believable in the idea that he turns into a raven! It echoes mythology, which I guess has a lot to do with the Arthurian legends. I also love the way you're writing; the characters don't really seem like offshoots of any particular version of the story, but rather their own, distinct selves, because of all the glimpses you've given into their personalities and situations, even with so little as the prologue. I'm intrigued. It's like a very old, sad song.
Kassiopeia30 chapter 16 . 4/24/2010
Oh intruiging who are this people and what is it they are after. Can't wait to read the next chapter :)