Reviews for After the Fairy Tale
InkedBaby chapter 29 . 1/29
I love this! I love it so much! I fell in love with Draco the second you wrote him in the story, and then everything just fell into place so seamlessly.
With all honesty I can say that this is the ONLY depressed-Draco story that didn't have me tearing my hair out in annoyance. Everyone likes to write him mopey and toxic and you wrote him perfectly. You masked him so well, the way one masks depression in real life, I felt like I was reading REAL emotions, not just a random plot twist to keep the story moving. I literally hurt for him, broke for him, laughed with him, and cried with him. Amazing, amazing character development. Each of your characters were their own, they never seemed to blend together, they never washed each other out, and they never stole the show from each other, the fit together like a puzzle and it really made this story work. I'm so in love with this.
I absolutely loved how you managed to take a relationship based solely on sex, and write it into a story where sex isn't the main focus. I watched your characters fall in love with each other, I watched their lives mesh, and I watched them fall into place before they even realized it, and that is amazing writing. You captured so much about each character that they became real, and that's an amazing talent to have.
This story was also so long but I never felt like I was being dragged along. I noticed very many spots where it could have ended perfectly, but it was never a chore to keep reading, this stayed exciting and lively, never lost its flow, and it was so interesting, and if course I wish it wasn't over yet.
A few moments were a little off to me, but I'm talking little tiny euphamisms that didn't quite fit, but can be explained away by plot points. I think Draco used quotes like "Jesus Christ" and "Its a free country", neither of which apply to the wizarding world, but like I said can be explained away by his frequenting muggle bars. So it stood out a little, but wasn't anything that couldn't be overlooked.
Can I just be as in tune with my emotions as Harry, because he's literally the one that holds everyone together as they fall apart and I need that in my life. I loved how you wrote him, I think you really wrote him true to canon, as true to canon as someone who's not the original author can get. He had all these perfect little insights for everyone, but was so lost when it came to certain aspects of his own life and that's really something that is 100% relatable to anyone, really.
This is probably one of my all time favorites now, and I'm definitely going to check out your sequel.
I loved the kid, too. I loved how unique they each were and how they all sort of fell together in this crazy jumble. It added so much to this story, especially Scorpious, and his relationship with his father and Astoria. It just flowed so well.
Thank you for this story, it gives off such a strong vibe of hope to people who read it, hope that depression isn't necessarily a death threat, and everything is able to be overcome. Amazing job. chapter 29 . 1/8
What I really like about this story is the gritty nature of life. I liked the whole discussion of different relationships and monogamy. Many Drarry's are he typical fall in love from 18 and that's that. I like the whole commitment thing its story arc. Being in an open relationship myself I know that many people can be judgemental. Ginny comes out relatively well, though the whole Harry has hurt her thing I found a little wrong. It ended and he is still blamed for hurting her because he is gay? I thought that that was unfair. It was different seeing James as the climax conflict to the story which led to the resolution of some of Draco's insecurities. I am glad that he apologised in the sequel. Many thanks for your work. You have kept me gripped and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
curiouscandy chapter 29 . 2/20/2013
Oh wow. I reviewed this story ages ago and was looking for some good fanfiction to read again, I decided to reread all the stories I reviewed and am so glad i reread this one! I completely fell in love with this story, probably all over again. Though sometimes for me it felt a little OCC I could sort of tell where the characters were coming from. I love Harry/Draco so much and this...this was...perfect. I haven't said that about a lot of things I've read but this really...blew my mind. It's incredibly well written. I also don't enjoy reading second generation of HP yet, I'm still a little weird about it, them being kids in my mind. From that aspect it was written really well and made me curious to try out other pairings. Thank you for giving me something to read and you've also made it to my favourites :)
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 27 . 1/18/2013
I wouldn't have mind some Scorpius/Albus action. Since I do like both them and drarry.
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 21 . 1/17/2013
I wouldn't know what to do in Harry's position. Just that, James is being a snot and he's bringing everyone down because he can't get his own way. It's not right. It's about what makes your family happy, if his father is happy with another man no less than that's all that should matter. I would hate to have a kid who had no consideration for others.
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 20 . 1/17/2013
I understand that James would be upset. Any child would. But he's being a brat. I hate homophobia and if I ever children, which I hope is soon, I will never teach them to hate homosexuals. Homosexuals are people too, who have feelings. I won't stand for my kids being homophobic brats because of what others say.
DELETEDFORGOODDDDDD chapter 11 . 1/17/2013
I like this story, I really do but I don't see how slutting around with random people is going to make anyone happy. For one is just gross and another is dangerous. I feel bad for Draco but I hate what he's doing with himself.
Mashkai30 chapter 29 . 1/11/2013
Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
FromVeryFarAway chapter 29 . 12/26/2012
Alright, I have been reading this all day, couldn't stop. Local time: 01:25 am. That was just awesome.
I really really like the way you charaterize Draco after all that's happened. The development of their relationship was pretty good, too.
I'm one of the damaged ones, too, and I would like to thank you for your insightful way of describing Draco's feelings.
You made me bond with every character, and I just love you for not making Ginny like she is in a lot of other stories (downright dreadful).
Thanks for sharing it, I will check out your other stories :)
Irreplacabelle chapter 29 . 9/9/2012
I like it. I've been so hard to please lately (probably because my life absolutely sucks at the moment) and I really enjoyed it... but I'd rather not get deep and philosophical about it. So cheers, great work!

JlovesGaara chapter 29 . 8/30/2012
This story is pure gold. I seriously had to stop and think about where this story started because it changed so slowly with their relationship. You did a great job with being realistic when it came to Harry finding his sexuality, Draco coming to terms with his love for Harry and his addictions, and the progression of their relationship. It boggles my mind that you don't have over a thousand reviews for this story, because it is so wonderful! I cried and laughed a few time while reading it. You are a great writer and I hope you keep up the amazing work in the future!
DELETEDMAJICVIOLIN chapter 29 . 5/14/2012
This is an absolutely fantastic story! I love the characters and the plot. I've never read a fic where it was so focused on the rights/wrongs of being gay. Usually the world was passive towards this. It's an interesting new fic for me to read. You should have a beta check over this, though, to make it better.
Filthy Absinthe chapter 15 . 4/20/2012
tes d├ęsirs sont des ordres * :p
hikarinayoshi chapter 29 . 3/31/2012
now this...

is a good drarry

you didnt go all

'oh im gay, malfoy fuck me now!'

you actually had some developing and maturing in the story

im glad you added the James conflict in there! it made the drarry more complete!

good job!
hikarinayoshi chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
hmm,,, interesting start,,,

we'll see where this goes for me