Reviews for Emmett and the Pacer
miamama9598 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This was lovely. Have you read about the old people in theladyingrey42's story? I've sometimes worried about what my kids will do when they find what's locked in the large wooden jewelry box. Let's hope there's an Alice around!

Thanks
sadtomato chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
OH this is... UNF. Emmett/Alice for the win. Love your Alice, too. Not a sprite, or a fairy, or a pixie... just a sexy, confident gal. very nice bb!
overzealousbunny chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
unf.

unf unf unf.

You had me at the hilarious Maggie running around with a bag of dildos. Then you kept me with the period piece of lauren and finally STOLE MY HEART WITH THE LOVIN IN THE BACK SEAT!

so glad LightStarDust pushed this my way after reading a particularly OBSCENE sexy good times in a car Em one shot this morning.

yours has taken away the need for bleach on my brain ;o)

Boo
Rosmarina chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
LightStarDusting sent me here 'cause we both love a good Em/Ali pairing, and boy did you deliver. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this fic if you ever consider continuing... I'm putting it on alert, just in case. ;)
venti.turtl chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Yay! Finally a story to satisfy my EmxA craving! Thanks so much sending me this. I really enjoyed it.

Loved the dichotomy of the humor mixed with the grief.

I really enjoyed the Em/Charlie relationship. The shoulder grab/hand pat killed me.

Hee hee, I totes texted my BFF to tell her she has to rescue any unmentionables for me.

I loved the free-spirit vibe from Alice without being flaky.

And I loved an Emmett that wasn't a one-dimensional beefcake comedian.

And oh yeah, did I mention hot? Great lemon, but I enjoyed this so much more than just a means to a lemon, kwim?

Any chance you're continuing this? I'd love to see more Em/Charlie and see how Bella fits into the mix, and of course more Em/Alice. I'm alerting just in case!
plummy chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I want to hear a LOT more about Emmett and Charlie. I think they have so much potential as father and son. And I loved the drive-in.
rameau chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Distraction leads to surprising realisations. It's life.
themoose-within chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
A secret - I too think that old people and old cars are worth reading about. I love the dynamic between Emmett and Alice, I love your words, I love your humor.

And the way you've captured the beauty of human relationships, pure and complex, in all of 1 chapter.

So yeah... I'd be down if you continued this, it's great (a girl can hope?)
twanza chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
OMG. I have a confession to make...

"I am the police!" I heard Charlie call from inside.

I love Charlie, and I think I would love to watch (erm, read) Charlie having "bad knee" sex. And I love that Emmett is his son. And I love that you've set up his incredible guilt about having left Bella with the burden of his parents for so long, and I love that he describes her as a bit of a wack job.

And I beyond love the dialog with Emmett & Alice (my third favorite pairing, btw). Such as:

She cocked her head to the side and said, "You look like you could use some water."

"I think I need a fucking life preserver."

"Settle for a cup of coffee?" There was tenderness in her eyes that promised to give me anything I needed.

"Yeah, coffee would be great."

And I love the Pacer. And I love that they have sex in a deserted drive-in while the rain pours down - and that they show the movie anyway. I can hear the water hitting the roof of the car, it must've been so loud, so terrifyingly beautiful!

Thank you for writing this. I hang on the next chapter. PPMS. ha!
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh hi there, Chele! Congrats on posting this. I'm a recently fan of the non-canon pairing so off we go.

"My iPod had mysteriously packed itself in one of the bags nested in the back of the Jeep, and so I was making due with local radio."

I hate when inanimate objects do sneaky things.

"I accepted the "boob-block" for being the kind of asshole who bought his girlfriend the cosmetic surgery she wanted, instead of the therapy she actually needed."

Nice. I'm liking your Em!

'Dad abruptly pulled the car over on the side of the highway. We were in the middle of the desert and he snapped, "Yes, we're here. Get out." We never asked again. Dad was effective that way.'

OMG. I love. I'm doing this. Tomorrow. On the way to school when my kid asks ARE WE THERE YET and he obviously knows where we are going. ;)

Okay, I just about died in regards to the sex toys. Bwahaha! And then further down since he didn't realize they were his mom's. Hysterical!

"I'm not sure what was in store for today, but as the sun crept higher, the temperature went with it and my ass started to stick to the air mattress, which had deflated steadily as the night wore on."

Ha - you just capture that so well. Anyone who has slept on air-mattress knows exactly how that goes.

"The house smelled like lasagna and I took a few deep breaths to try to ease the tightness in my chest brought on by what smelled like mom's cooking. Each inhalation only seemed to make it worse."

Amidst all the giggling, then there is THIS. And it brings be back to the reality that his mom died and GAH. Just really good.

OH! We've had a drive-in discussion and I'm super excited to see it here.

"Her laughter sounded both right and wrong. It was a light and soothing, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear at the moment. I wanted her soft moans against my neck and her hand back in my lap. I didn't want amusement, I wanted admission."

Lovely. I love the push and pull of this.

"I would make her feel good, and make myself feel better in the process."

Sigh.

The pacing was just right and I love what you did here, Chele. Best of luck with the contest! :)
silvertwi chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
I'm so proud of you! All those nights of poetry paid off.

I was laughing, on the verge of tears and quite excited.

Maggie rules. I would so do that for you.

You have some really great lines in this (some not necessarily appropriate for a review).

"The freedom in her expression was astounding to me, and I wanted to know what it was like to feel that free." - this line really made me stop and think about the vibe she was giving.

"I went into risk management mode, and did a mental cost-benefit analysis." - this line made me laugh because I have friends who say I do this with real life and they think I'm crazy.

Your explanation of the exact position of the seat and legs really got me. m
savanablue chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Really good. I'm not a fan of anything other than ExB, but this was great!
jennayg123 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Love love love this! Any chance you're going to continue it after the contest?
FloridaChickie chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Aw. Such a great story. Heartbreaking for Em, but I loved that he found solace (and then some...) in Alice. While other might not open their eyes to this pairing, I really can see them together! Loved the setting in Florida (duh, of course) and the humor within the condo complex and its rules. The vibrator in the bag scene was just comic genius. So proud of you, and I look forward to seeing where you drive the Pacer next! Congrats!
Jemima84 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
nice story - really liked it :)