Reviews for There But For the Grace of God
poetif chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Such a sweet, well-written, Elliot intense story. You did a good job of relaying his feelings, his downright guilt, terror and shame at the thought that he wasn't the one that pulled the trigger and that he could've lost her. Good job I say.
pacificbluegirl chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
So, so, so, so good! Favourite SVU fic. THAT good. And I am picky. I agree with you, easier usually to write things from Liv's perspective but you did an amazing job with Elliot. Just felt very true to his character.
Brown Eyed Girl chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
That's was awesome, great job!
Discretion92 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
It's been a while since you posted this, but I really enjoyed your fic. Awesome job!
The.Ocean.Shadow chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This is a nice one shot of what had to be running through Elliot's mind after that. (:
artemis-roth chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
that was intense! i loved it. i felt all the emotions that Elliot felt as i was reading it and i think that if an author can get a reader to feel that way, than they're doing a damn good job. so congratulations cause you had me at the verge of tears at the end :).
Torted chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Wow, this was such a great story. Wonderful writing and a sweet plot. Made me smile. :)
Nightwitch87 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
So beautiful! I love it! This really is an example of "pretty writing" in the best sense. I really like the tension between Olivia and Elliot towards the end, the tension that never quite gets released (just like on the show, only way more intense).

Elliot's guilt and desperation drive this story forward, keeping it dynamic and potent. He takes it out on the range by practicing, by needing to reassure himself, which is very in character. That fear of losing Liv keeps him on edge, along with the deep sense of failure he feels because he didn't save her.

This has got to be my favourite paragraph:

"Their connection, it wasn't in the brush of hands. It wasn't in the conversations, the sharing of words. It was in the space between, the silence, the secret glances where so much was left unsaid, but felt. That space was full of so much history never fully explained, or explored, and just a few key words could conjure a wealth of hard memories: Gitano, Oregon, Sealview. Innocuous words that to anyone else would mean nothing, but to them meant so much more. And now they could add one more word to that growing list: Rojas."

Very well said. Their connection truly is in the space between.
JeNNiFeR07 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
what a BEAUTIFUl story! AH! loved it! thanks so much :)
WestSide Love chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
The Angst! The beautiful angst. How I love thee. I knew that Elliot would aim for the head at the range. Liv being there just completed the circle of angsty goodness. Really. Now, go write MORE!