Reviews for Micro Effect
Yoholic chapter 13 . 12/9/2012
Loved this series, favouriting it and following it
Guest chapter 12 . 8/18/2012
Dude, you really homophobic? I wasn't sure cause I know you said you were uncomfterble ( (Icompletely butchered that word) writing It.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 4 . 8/3/2012
Shep the selfish... I like it. Unfortunately and until ME3's reputation system barely had a chance to try it (and honestly? Renegade Shep was a death trap waiting to happen in ME3).
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
Didn't he have one in his room?
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
Tali is so cute, especially jealous possessive Tali.
Jupizu chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Man I really like your stories. I like your description of Shepard and I also like how you bring humor into your stories, just awesome man. Keep 'em coming and if you mind me saying, Tali was pretty cool, if not a little cute, in this chapter.
Fatalicious chapter 8 . 10/17/2010
James can be kinda shallow sometimes, can't he?

Hahaha.
HumAngel chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Short, but sweet.
Candle in the Night chapter 13 . 5/3/2010
Damn, dark humour right there IgnorantOne. Took me a while to realise he was a biotic actually, which made me feel quite stupid.

I am interested where you carry this. I get the idea you are thinking about the future of this, so don't rush it. Us readers can wait! Things like this are worth waiting for.
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
That was a delightful chapter! Now I know I want to read more. Well done!
Jorvik chapter 12 . 3/24/2010
Micro Effects - all twelve of them - are a real laugh, in a good way, mate.

Excellent balance of good grammer, effeciant humor and some unexpected 'throws from left field' ...

10/10. What more is there to say?

Just an idea - thermal clips, given that replaced the previous system for weapons can be a hinderance as well as effective. This can be problomatic when facing powerful or annoying units, such as Scions, Praetorians or 'Harbinger-in-a-Collector'

So, in a firefight, after Shepard and co are practically on their last few rounds and no with relief in immediate sight, they are now forced to improvise ... and they have to act before their line is overrun by Collectors.
Firaga Bird chapter 12 . 3/19/2010
Okay. This is me giving praise where it is very much due.

Hussy Story Arc: I loved the depiction of Tali's jealousy. I agree with some that her personality provides for her being possessive of the Commander, yet that aspect of her was never really seen in the game. Special mention to Grunt as well; I liked how you opened up a really strong potential for the Krogan when he mentioned the tank taught him a lot more than just combat. I think you could handle a Grunt-centered short story very well.

Shower Arc Revisited: I just have to say that the endings of all three water-related chapters were brilliant. I let out a satisfying chuckle everytime I read them, from the "good to be bad" punchline to "I AM chain of command". I especially enjoyed how you recalled the story arc during Garrus' chapter, showing a willingness to reference from your previous timeline and making the inside joke that much sweeter.

Spam Mail Arc: Although the first of the two-chapter arc seemed more like a setup for the much funnier second half, it's still very much a great chapter. It addresses yet another quirk in the game wherein even the Commander was not saved from getting spam in his inbox. "Message sent to hell" was a killer one-liner, though. Shepard's public announcement was actually scary and funny at the same time, and when EDI said those beloved three words, I completely cracked up and felt VERY sorry for Joker at the same time. I'd really like to see his fate at least alluded to in future chapters.

*On a sidenote, I realize that your ability to make very tasteful cliffhangers and potential subplots really amaze me. I'm trying to learn all I can from your techniques. I am not a stalker.

Bad Day: I have no doubts that you absolutely loved writing that chapter. It was pure commentary in my eyes: half with your running joke with Tali's major Shepard crush, half with those two perpetual "do-nothings". I bet that punch to the gut felt pretty damn satisfying; I wanted to do an Al-Jilani on the dude ever since.

Tough Decisions: I enjoyed how you introduced the plothole with Morinth that was present in-game. I mean, it ought to be a no-brainer that she doesn't NEED to turn on her lethal black-eyed eternity shit all the time. And a Renegade option with Samara allowed Shepard to suggest casual sex; why the hell couldn't he do the same with her? Frustration! (And hey, if you feel you rushed it, you could always pick it up and write some really killer lines as the pair try to see how to practice "safe sex". I'd love to see that. D)

Spam Revisited The Krogan: First, the Krogan. Damn. That's some incredibly impressive fight scripting. I find your versatility pleasantly shocking; really. This chapter was very much a Crowning Moment of Awesome within a work full of Crowning Moments of Funny (terms copyrighted by ), and I find it to be one of my single favorite chapters of all time. Now, the Spam. Like you mentioned, it seemed a little rushed and served as more of a buildup to the punchline found in the succeeding chapter. However, that was one hell of a one-liner (or -worder) as a result. In context, this made the Krogan short story the most kickass chapter in the whole fic. Well, for me.

Request No. 1: ...*jaw dropped* Uh, sorry, I... I just can't, really... *sighs* I am not a homophobe, I'm really not. I can very much understand how hard-(aw, hell) difficult that must have been for you, and as a fellow man, I greatly sympathize. Like Shepard (and Garrus in Alt. Ending No. 2) said, let's pretend that never happened. Yes. That will not be part of this story's canon.

Due to my significant bias towards the nature of the story, there's only one thing for me to note. Shepard says he's in a relationship with Tali, despite you writing that the quarian was acting that she wanted to be in one. I understand what you meant that the chapters aren't necessarily connected, and even then this might just be that one stray short story. Honestly, though, your work right now is just so great if you treated it as part of the same timeline; running jokes and references to previous chapters are part of what make this such a great collection of stories.

In General: Awesome. Micro Effect is agruably the best comedy anthology out there for Mass Effect fanfics, with equal parts parody/commentary, drama, action and just plain CMoF's to go around. Stellar work, dude. You're definitely on my story favorites and alerts list.

Request?: Hm. I did mention how interesting it would be to see the Commander and the Ardat-Yakshi trying to "invade the female encampment" without Morinth causing Shepard to blow a fuse (read: die). It would be very nice to read a story arc involving that happening, while Tali simultaneously is actively trying to dissuade her love interest, perhaps by trying to compete with the asari for his affections, or even just sabotaging the pair's attempts to get together. However you'd like to play it, I'd really like to see that sort of crazy love triangle playing out.
RacingM3GTR chapter 12 . 3/12/2010
The interrogation scene was probably one of the funniest things I've ever read...
Tha SlashGurl chapter 12 . 3/11/2010
Yeah! That was totally was I was looking for! Thanks for taking my request! I would, yanno, do an official review and everything, but I need to protect myself! LOL.

You did a great job...but you added a little more detail than I was looking for. o-0 It makes me giggle thinking about this, but did you really hate writing that slash scene or were you just acting out? Because you got really into the interactions between Garrus and Shepard...and you even went as far as to give Garrus a slightly slash-y backstory! It was cute! :3

Great job, and I will send another request your way if I have any other naughty ideas... ;) Since you seem to be so good at writing them. I would like to see something juicy between...um...something unconventional yet hot! Like... Jack x Miranda! Write something for them! :3 I would totally 3 anything you put up though. More GarShep!
Stickki chapter 12 . 3/10/2010
Well. The slash part was quite hard to read, since I had to squirm and cover my eyes every few lines. It was pretty wrong, but also quite humorous.

As for the requests:

I'd like to see the extended Tali/Shep flirt scene. You know, the one with "It seems you're suggesting something..." Could be really funny.