Reviews for Time Off
Terry Gibbs chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Lt.,

The reason for the unsigned review is because FF will only let you submit one signed review per chapter. I just want to thank you for voicing what we all feel as author's, but never say. Well...not never, but rarely. I apologize for complaining in my latest reviews about my troubles with the latest chapter of Section Eight. But I appreciate your support.

I don't think I've fallen into the trap of writing for 'them', as you said. But I appreciate your support and from reading your stories, I know that you appreciate your craft. I want to do the same.

Thanks,

Terry
whoska chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
LOL, yes I'm getting better at reviewing , just sorry about my spelling and yes I did enjoy
Terry Gibbs chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Nice, Lt.! Good job.
honeydust9251 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Good one funny guy! Hope the boss doesn't see this one. It might not be the only thing you end the way you want.
TellatrixForever chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Not bad not bad at all. I hope Gibbs dosen't find out you stole his woman. But in all seriousnus Feedback is important.

God bless you LT.
cheether chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
I liked it! You should drop by the other characters and talk to them. Just don't try and pull the wool over Gibbs eyes, uh?
honeydust9251 chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
OK, you got me. This one was pretty funny and in spite of my sworn promise to myself not to read CrackFic, I caved and read it anyway (only after I read everything else in your lineup. I console myself with that.)While LT's shirt was FUBAR, this story was not.
Carole chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
I've read through almost all your stories and have enjoyed them immensely. You capture the feeling of Gibbs and Franks in your writing. I also really like the terminology at the beginning to the stories, for anyone not in the military it makes the stories more enjoyable since you don't have to try and look up the definitions. If you keep writing I'll keep reading. Thanks for all the great stories.
scifibkwrm chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I'm one of your regular readers who's guilty of not leaving a review every time I read. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I'll try to do better in the future. I really like your Mike Franks stories and when I read them I hear Muse Watson's voice reciting the dialog you write because you really have the character dead-on.

I hope you'll continue writing. It's rare in NCIS fan fiction to find someone who has the voice of experience.
Bamacrush chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I do not find this funny . . . at all.

But it was a good crack!fic nonetheless.

I agree 100% with Elflordsmistress.

Write for yourself and the enjoyment you receive from it and to a degree what you give to others.

Do not let a lack of reviews stop you from entertaining yourself or the rest of us.

I love your stories, and I will greatly miss them and you.

Your writing is different from most of the fics on here and that's a very good thing.

Here's hoping your hiatus will be brief. *fingers crossed*

I need a FUBAR shirt!
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
For crack!fic it's very good, my friend.

But for reality it makes me sad that you're taking a hiatus.

I will sorely miss your Mike Frank stories.

SORELY miss them.
alix33 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
So, your mustache: does it look anything like Gibbs' from season 4 (which I hated with every fibre of my being)? Or more like Ducky's obviously fake one from "Blowback" (which I quite liked)?

"He had on an OD t-shirt with something written on the front and khaki cargo shorts." - What's written on the T-shirt, please?

"LT stood and Mike finally saw what was on the front of the t shirt: ‘FUBAR’. Mike chuckled. “The Boss let you outta the house wearing that?” LT looked sheepish. “I was wearing a sweatshirt over it when I left. What she don’t know won’t hurt me.” - Mind you, probably not everybody would know that the slogan thingy on the T-shirt is kind of rude...and serves the prissy moms right IMO if they are uncomfortable if their six-year old boy asks what it means.

"Through the door Mike saw a silver convertible pull up with a good looking redhead driving. He raised an eyebrow." - LT is IMO fixing to get himself in a...er...boatload of trouble, what with LT's pilfering Gibbs' redhead in the flashy ride.
elflordsmistress chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I am very sorry to see you go but, in all honesty, even sorrier to see that you are basing the worth of your stories on the number of reviews they receive.

It tells me you are writing for the audience, and writing for the audience is the surest way to disappointment, my friend. That sense of being disillusioned comes across loud and clear.

People do not review everything they read even when they enjoy it (and you know people ARE reading because you've been ecstatic about the number of 'hits'). Just because they don't review it doesn't mean they aren't enjoying a piece. If they weren't they wouldn't keep coming back and hitting on ya! Maybe they're reading at work or maybe they're reading on their PDA.

Also, you are doing 'niche' writing for the most part, and not everyone is interested in Mike and ProbieGibbs stories - no matter how well written the stories are.

It's a bitter pill to swallow - especially when you have invested time and effort in something - but it is the reality of writing.

Clearly this is not a flame. Just me speaking from my heart because I know I can.

I have enjoyed your stories and hope there will be more - but if you ultimately decide that the few of us reviewing are not enough, I have only one thing to say:

Don't be a stranger!

elm
USAFChief chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
A mary sue crack!fic. Now who wudda thunk it?

It does become a bit discouraging doesn't it? Can't say I blame you, although I hope you come back soon with reinvigorated enthusiasm. If the boss finds that shirt, you're not gonna have it long.

Take care and keep in touch.

pdf
finlaure chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
thanks for the great laugh, and the mention. never forget those you write for. and if you want to see dismel review numbers go look at mine. oh, and you might be on the look out for a mad Gibbs, he wants to know what you are doing with his woman.