Reviews for A Closed, Dead Space
AlcatrazisGod chapter 9 . 3/21
I have to say, when writing a horror story for the Haruhi Suzumiya Series, there are two aspects which can never really get old.

Firstly, Yuki is perfect for the roll of the uncanny valley girl. With her mute personality, you can make her out to be even creepier than a murderous mannequin in the middle of a gore filled room.

Secondly, Ryoko is an excellent fit. In my opinion, the creators of the series missed an opportunity to trash the humorous side of Ryoko entirely, and as a result, we would be left with a truly demented and perverted girl. She is even more suited for a horror story than Yuki is because she can practically be used as an ambiance tool.

I suppose Itsuki can also be portrayed as a creepy person. I never thought of it, but he is a shady figure in reality. I wouldn't want to be locked in the S.O.S. club room with him after hours. I bet he does weird stuff when he's alone.

Here is my problem. Horror is my favorite genre. I've written two stories which claim to be horror, but the philosophical messages behind them always get in the way. I have no problem building atmosphere or anything of that sort, just remembering what genre the stories are.

Anyway, this was very well written or at least from what I've gathered so far. I only scanned it, but did read a good portion and the reviews as well. Then again, I rarely read anything on this site unless I'm bored. The only reason I found this was because I was skimming through some older submissions for this section of the site. Well anyway, thanks for destroying my boredom.
fb39ca4 chapter 7 . 10/3/2013
Just read Wine. ಠ_ಠ.
Wowza48 chapter 9 . 6/6/2013
iDoes /i Kyon ever find a way out of the time loop?
SlugSLinger chapter 7 . 1/2/2012
WOW.

Can't believe I actually read all 9 chapters. superstarultra, as a writer of horror stories, you have my utmost respect. For me, chapter 7 was my personal favorite. But I have to wonder...

How was he able to rip apart Tsuruya with just his bare hands?
The Dark Deceiver chapter 9 . 9/18/2011
Well, I finally remembered my password so now I can give you a proper review.

Like I said, nothing ever creeps me out, or scares me, but you have managed to do just the former.

Congrats! I love chapter 1, Demon at Dawn, and chapter 9, Regrets.

I really hope you make sequels of those two as they are just too good to stay as oneshots or anything like that.

Five stars, all gold.
Forgot my password chapter 9 . 9/14/2011
Truly these chapters are worthy of the "Horror" genre. I especially enjoy chapter 1, Demon at Dawn, and 9, Regrets.

Nothing ever creeps me out in life, but you've manage to do just that. Congrats, and I truly mean it.

I would really like to see sequels of Demon at Dawn and Regrets as those two are just too good to leave as one-shots or short stories.

I really hope you make more fanfics like you have with these ones.

5 stars, all gold.
Alex McM chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
As adept at horror as you are comedy. There aren't many good horror fics on this site and I mean in any category. To think that one of such quality would be in the Haruhi section is a surprise, but nonetheless all the more rivetting. To see you turn something so light-hearted into a terrifying thrill-ride is just a display of your talent. Well done.
Middle Eye chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
Now, THAT was freaky. I could identify all but the last of the freaks.
Middle Eye chapter 3 . 2/27/2011
Well, that was certainly odd... Where did this version of Wonderland come from?
Middle Eye chapter 2 . 2/27/2011
Okay, you know the creep-O-meter? This fic now is up to 7 out of 10. Great chapter.
Middle Eye chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Well, that was creepy. The writing on the wall freaked me out.
Nederbird chapter 9 . 12/14/2010
Wow... this was actually somewhat scary and that's much coming from me, I've never felt scared from reading before.

That you managed to portray the characters well is pretty much a given by this point considering your familiarity with them, so it's a default five out of five stars when it comes to that. In other words, excellent!

What made the biggest impression on me was how masterly you managed to weave together the environment, the characters and Kyon's emotions to create such a vivid picture of it. Dark streets lit only by white lamps are quite eerie environments (though that's no secret), but being chased by something so injured in such an environment recalls at least a dozen nightmares I've had that have all played out in a very similar manner. Her psychological instability coupled with her ability to deform things just multiplies that fear factor with four. Great of you recommending to turn my lights of btw, sitting and reading this in a dark room in the middle of a cold winter night with eerie music playing in my headphones really set the mood.

You really have a knack for these sorts of tales... and you seem to have picked up the skill of making cliffhangers to. Okay, it might not be a cliffhanger in all the senses of the word, but it certainly leaves me wondering how this'll eventually end. If you even get the time, energy and will to continue this, please do, as I'd very much like to find out how he manages to get out of the situation.

No matter how though, this one ought to traumatize him for the rest of his life to some degree, providing he ever makes it out of the loop at all...

Oh, and give my regards to Greg as well. Seeing as how you two collaborated on this, he deserves just as much praise.

Thanks for a good, late night read!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar, Nederbörd.
shanejayell chapter 9 . 12/5/2010
Creepy as hell bunch of chapters. Well done!
Mr Wang 330 chapter 9 . 11/9/2010
Well, so much for sleeping tonight.

This by far seemed to one of the more powerful parts of this collection. I'll admit, I was feeling several mixed emotions, ranging from empathy to horror... which is what I bet you and Greg were aiming for. So good job on that.

From the beginning up to the... 'change' so to speak, I could tell that all the desperation that was gradually building up within Nagato seemed all whole-heartedly believable, and her speech was certainly spot-on. Kyon's inner monologues still sound like himself, throughout the story, and it really gives insight on all the deep inner workings and emotions. I, the reader, seemed to be feeling everything he was feeling too, as the situations progressed... But, probably needless to say, the shining center of this was alt. Nagato... this was certainly a chilling portrayal of her, and I couldn't help but feel the same ways Kyon was: his empathy and want to help her, his shock at her apparent death, the terror when she was asking the same, repeating question...

The word "Why" seems to be echoing in my own head. I have promptly started listening to Waka Laka music to get it out.

Moving on... I felt nothing but sympathy for her, but... it feels so conflicting, and at the ending... I actually started to tear up, not because of Kyon's fate, but of Nagato's... I felt myself crying for *her* instead of Kyon, oddly enough. And the fact that this is all a loop makes me want to head-desk myself... Damn it, it makes me so dearly want to see this even come to a close and figure out an ending, because all I see is a serene hopelessness, if that's even any sensible way to describe this. Anyway, great job to both of you guys, this was an excellent chapter here. I'll await future things from you...

~Mr. Wang
Vash111 chapter 9 . 11/6/2010
I liked half of the chapters, but ...

What's with all that mindless murder and bloodshed? Boooooring...

We need terror, suspense, despair, humiliation.

Like - there's no bullies in HS universe. So why not add some to have fun with delusioned SOS-dan geeks )

Or Kyon blackmailing supernatural members with apocalipsys to serve his every whim. From Mikuru's viewpoint, if you know what I mean )

Or may be something like Haruhi finding new boy toy and giving Kyon the boot. Kyon - college dropout and hikkikomory watching Haruhi adventures on TV.

Somebody's knoking. Man, looks like FBI finally got me. By-by...