Reviews for Stories of the Lone Traveler
tpx1 chapter 78 . 8/22
nice part in your series
Lord Jameson chapter 29 . 8/2
I have become entranced with the Lone Traveler series, and would love to see the "Master of Death meets Sinanju and Shiva" chapter expounded upon... it's a very tasty plot bunny, and if I had any sort of skill with this type of story, I'd happily do it myself - do you know if anyone else has?
BattleshipFusou chapter 40 . 7/20
As a long time fan of the West Wing, I have to say that I quite enjoyed that snippet.
tanithlipsky chapter 78 . 7/9
sweet
Flo chapter 64 . 7/4
Dude reading you talk about religion is such a breath of fresh air. I feel like when you write it you write it as a human who understands it as an expression of the human condition, thereby allowing you to share your unbiased perspective and not jus saying something you think you should be saying.

I actually think that's the clue. Whoever wrote that passage in chorinthians wasn't (I think) quoting anyone, and yet he knew the words he wrote. It's fair to say he was inspired by god I think, but I also think he knew that god, and all those who say that he was inspired by god as if some impersonal entity dictated to him do bot in fact know god well (even as they arr known by him).

What you say when you say that god not so much exists as abides is to me a show that you know. this abiding absolute preasence which can be called god. It's just so nice to read the truth I guess I'm sort of rambling. Also you say that life is change and life by definition is imperfect, that just hits so close to home. And then you meaning of life, to have fun! life should be fun! I can't for the life of me think of anything better.

Amen my man, amen. I bow.
Flo chapter 31 . 6/30
"Is it so bad that maybe it's the brainchild of some guy with an overactive imagination [IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE]?"

Plz respect the fourth wall, it's there for our protection :(
First of all I absolutely LOVE this story. I honestly think you do a better job then The Professional did, not that his were not good because they were. However his left you wondering at the end of each chapter while you usually tie it all together, at least enough that it finishes the little story. At the beginning of this particular story you said something along the lines that it would be kind of slow or not exciting. I totally disagree! This story was fantastic, and when he tore into Albus, hehe, AWESOME! Now onto the next chapter!
missgsmith51 chapter 77 . 6/19
I really enjoyed this collection of vignettes. Thanks for sharing.
missgsmith51 chapter 55 . 6/18
Vernon and the Goblins make a deal on drills ... there's got to be a major crack story in there somewhere!
missgsmith51 chapter 39 . 6/18
This was a nice story. It certainly shows the positive chain reaction that can result from one well-thought-out action, such as Sirius contacting Regulus and offering a way out of Voldemort's madness ... if it was wanted. It's nice to see a happy, healthy, inclusive Magical community pulling together and enjoying the fruits of their labors over the years. Thanks for sharing.

Bella and Harry, eh? Hmmmmmm...
missgsmith51 chapter 38 . 6/18
Losing the Black family support appears to have severely crippled Voldemort's efforts. I hope Bella and Regulus remain safe. As to Snape ... I'm not sure what I hope. The man is a miserable insect. I've often wondered whether he was more loyal to Dumbledore ... or to himself. If the latter, I couldn't blame him, as he was badly manipulated by Dumbledore in canon. I realize that is only my opinion, but there you are.

Thank goodness Arthur held firm against Dumbledore. I figured he would cave. Then again, I suppose Albus would have no qualms about using Legilimency to fish the information out of his mind. I can't help fearing Dumbledore will do exactly this and compromise the safety of the Weasleys and the Order. If he does, I hope he is properly punished.

Well, finally! It was incredibly satisfying to hear "Gary" upbraid Dumbledore as being responsible for so much of the destruction accomplished by Voldemort in other dimensions and timelines. I, for one, have NEVER understood why he kept secret the fact that Voldemort was Tom Riddle. Had people known this information, Voldy might never have managed to gain such a foothold among the purebloods. And why did he wait so long, and not seek competent help, when it came to destroying the Horcruxes? A lot of blame for the deaths that happened in both wars can be laid at Dumbledore's doorstep, simply because of his arrogance. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 37 . 6/18
I enjoyed the last scene particularly. I've always wished someone would write stories which showed Sirius interacting with his brother. The few I've read generally show this happening beyond the Veil. I hope this meeting isn't their last. It would be nice to see both brothers survive the war(s) with old Snakeface.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 6/18
"To the reviewer who complains my tales are mere wish fulfillment and lack depth or character development or … whatever, I say: I'm having fun and most that read my stories know that I don't get into deep conflicts and tragedy and angst much."

I can't speak for others, but I've had more than enough angst and tragedy in RL lately. I chose one of your stories because I was feeling a bit down and needed something to lift my spirits. Upon finishing that one, I was pleased to find more than a few tales that I consider lighter and a bit more uplifting. Thank you for providing them.

For those who truly enjoy seeing Harry slog through one depressing, betrayal-filled pain-fest after another, there are probably a thousand or so stories out there just for you. Have fun!
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 6/17
I loved this chapter! This was a great way to make sure everyone got his just desserts. Cedric shouldn't have to die in this version - at least, not due to Voldemort - and Harry won't have to be reviled by the general population of Hogwarts. For once, he can just be a normal kid.

Voldemort and his two stooges are finally getting what is coming to them. That reminds me ... I hope Moody is found and helped. The appearance of Peter should make clearing Sirius a much easier process. This should also mean Harry is no longer required to be incarcerated in Durzkaban. Hopefully, he will soon be safely ensconced with the Marauders.

Ron actually benefits, too, because Harry and Hermione won't be seeing him act like the disgusting, jealous git he so often is. His reputation is safe ... at least, until Hermione accompanies Victor to the ball.

Sadly, Dumbledore no longer needs to keep Harry under his thumb. Even Harry's Horcrux is gone; Dumbledore can't refute that. He'll need to find a new hobby to occupy his time. I hope!

Thanks for a fun chapter.
zekses chapter 5 . 6/8
eh? all the buildup and no answers?
2,406 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »