Reviews for It’s Not The Lives That You Save
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
"Do you have to be a bitch even when you're not fully awake yet?

"Do you have to be a jerk while I'm sleeping, too?"

My favorite part of the story.

I liked how you used pieces of different stories to show Dean's angst about what they was a nice trip around the block. We must do a roadtrip together sometime.:)

Like you sayThe road… the road was open.

And I'm looking forward to roadtrippin' with you.

Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Cold and hard look at Dean's immeasureably self-destructive and damaged psyche. Nicely done :)
ArmagonAuthor chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Wow... This is a very interesting piece. It was very raw and honest, but that was the appeal of it to me. I think this PERFECTLY highlights a lot of Dean's dealing mannerisms, and it was very entertaining to read. I enjoyed this a lot!
SNIsLove chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Ah beautiful! I loved this story! Wonderful job, can't wait to read more of your stories :)
TheKritty chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Oh angst in this one just ...killed me!

It was thrilling and heartbreaking at once, jus tlike everything that has to do with SPN these days, huh? *sighs*

I loved the angst you captured so well, you captured Dean and Sam too and even captured the change from season to season! The underlying, latent psychological aspect blew me away too! With Dean getting a bit hysterical there, huh! (the out-of-his-mind-laughing *lol*), and all.

I loved that Sam wanted to talk with Dean and there wasn't a conversation,man, it was hard I was like "Dude! 't do that".But thing is, he's Dean and so...*shruggs*

*lol*

I really enjoyed reading this!Very very well done!

Kritty

PS: I'm gonna answer your message real soon,my time just keeps running through my fingers, sorry *sighs* _'
Mad Server chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
That hurt so good.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
*deliberately swipes wide* THAT was for this: "I dunno… I don’t know what to think about this. Maybe I shouldn’t have put it up. I don’t know…" WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SEE THAT YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, SMART, FUNNY, TALENTED, AND ALL-AROUND AWESOME?

I love this collection of moments - drabbles, really, *grins wickedly* - from Dean's point of view. Even just only having seen S1. I can still see all the kills getting to Dean far far more than the lives he knows he saves. It's not the ones he saved he remembers but the dead eyes that really gets to him. Poor kitten. He really is a tortured soul, isn't he? *pets* *cuddles gently*

I love, love, love this line: "Dean could still hear her scream even after four beers, three shots of Whiskey, something greenish looking and two burgers. With fries." Love that addition of "With fries." So totally Dean. *snickers* And it's totally him to try to drown out the memories.

And this: "The sound of the shot still reverberated through his head even after five hours and a lot of Metallica. And AC/DC." Love how he uses the earbleedingly loud rock music to try to scream out all the painful thoughts and memories in his head. Great feature. Love the addition of "And AC/DC"... Aw... And love Sam just sitting wisely quiet in the shotgun seat to let Dean deal with it in his own way.

LOVE Dean trying to see if he can still be gentle and... well... for lack of better word... human. And I can just imagine the soul-crushing disappointment he feels when he discovers that even really great sex "couldn’t help him get the taste of death out of his mouth or the images of dead eyes and mutilated bodies out of his mind." Aw. That one hurts...

And his jacked-up sleep habits and how he's totally drunk and can't stand himself at night and wants Sammy's voice even though he wanted to shut Sam up...

Dean not being able to breathe versus not being able to hear himself breathe in the bathroom - AW KITTEN! That's like... making him seem all dead and used up inside... like he has nothing to live for or even is really fully alive anymore...

THE BEST WAS WHEN DEAN WAKES SAM IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT! Love Dean needing to be somewhere he can control... to be wrapped up all safe in his baby... on the road... with nothing but Metallica and Sam and the Impala. Love Sam waking up all sleepy-headed and then almost rolling back to sleep when he hears his brother's plea "Anywhere, Sam." And then, Sam totally steps up with: “Okay, okay… give me a minute.” And Dean feeling all naked and stripped in front of his little brother... and I can just totally imagine Sam talking to Dean "gently, soothingly, as if he was a scared, hurt animal" and Dean thinking that maybe he is... AW! DEANIE. He really is a hurt, cornered animal sometimes... and Sam's sweet to him and goes with the flow, even if it means getting up in the middle of the night to go nowhere. Kind of reciprocal to what Dean does for him in NIGHTMARE.

LOVE LOVE Dean and the open road and the Impala. Love him latching on Sam and using Sam as a point of focus to erase the bad memories. He totally does use Sam as his center of focus in S1... and it's too sweet here...

But this line d*mn near killed me... "Maybe he’s just human. Or maybe… maybe he’s not even that anymore." *sobs* AW DEANIE! *sobs* THAT JUST HURTS LIKE H*LL! HURTS! WHY DON'T YOU JUST DIG MY HEART OUT WITH A RUSTY SPOON? Right at that line I want to grab him, shake him, yell at him, cuddle him, scr*w him, kiss him, take him far away all at once.
jenilee chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Very nice. I really liked the closing paragraph.

Your title and your summary both caught my attention. I've noticed that about alot of your story summaries. You have just enough there between the two that I am intrigued and want to read just because it really sparks my imagination.

I just had to mention that because I think sometimes the summary and getting people to at least read your work is half the battle.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Don't know why you were worried about posting this one - it is very - very a lot of things actually! Very sad, very perceptive, very grim, very emotional, very good. Very Dean.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I really liked it. It was like a collection of drabbles for each season. I could tell what was being referenced and everything.

I particularly liked the one at the end where Dean woke Sam so they could leave and Sam was all belligerent until he looked in Dean's eyes and understood. Then he was ready to go. :D

You did well. :)
Onari chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Beautiful. How do you manage to pull something like this every time!

Thanks for sharing!
ritsam chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Ahh, awesome. Like it very much. I mean, this one is totally different, Dean's withdrawal mode though he was concerned about his brother's welfare really cool. And, did I mention I like a sleepy Sam! Well I have now.

Love you,