Reviews for Masquerade
JuJu-chan the Vampire chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Hm . . . . . . I like it
A chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Wow, this was beautiful! I'm really loving this version of Ryou as well as how you wrote his relationship with Bakura.
Hovinarri chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Miten mielen- ei, mä käytin tota sanaa jo kahdesti... Jänskästi kirjotettu. Siinä on sellainen epätavallinen tuntu, vähän niin kuin näkisi maailman olematta itse paikalla tai jotain. Toi kohta vasemmasta kädestä oli muuten aika kova. :3
DemonKittyAngel chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
ok, that's just creepy and sweet in just the right way. You can't be a Tendershipping fan without writing at least a scene about them working together. I love undercover Ryou. In another of my stories I have him as a spy in Hogwarts while Kura works with Voldy. .
ladyblackwell chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Holy shit! Yes! Ryou being on Bakura's side all along is one of my pet conspiracy theories. It especially fits if Ryou is TKB's reincarnation: if they're the same person, why would they have such different personalities? They only differ in their life experiences, so it makes sense that Ryou, having not lived through the Kul Elna massacre, wouldn't have Yami Bakura's motivation for revenge. That much is canon, but I love how you took it a step further by taking away Ryou's motivation entirely...actually, Ryou's kind of showing symptoms of pretty deep depression in this fic which would also make sense with his own perosnal backstory. I know that probably wasn't what you were going for, but it's also an interesting angle!

OMG Love.
ACE-in-Wonderland chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I love this story because it offers a side to Ryou that I'm so fascinated with...I mean, I don't think I've ever come across this "version" of Ryou before. It's so interesting. And you justify all of it, and it MAKES SENSE, that Ryou is indifferent, that he's actually a bit of a snob, and more than anything, he's not afraid of Bakura. No, he sees him as a partner (ironically, just as Yuugi sees Atem as one), and couldn't care less what happens to his real-world "friends." And I had to laugh at how impatient and almost childish Bakura was. He obviously wanted Ryou's attention, but the teen's just too out of it to care. So Ryou made a nice compromise to appease the spirit by pretending to focus his attention on him while still continuing with his disturbing thoughts. Gah, I love all of it, so very much :D

Again, I'm favoriting this because this is a brilliant character sketch and so refreshing to read. You know, it DOES get tiring (borderline cliche), how Ryou is usually portrayed as a victim. Here, it's hard to imagine Ryou a victim of anything simply because he doesn't care.

So fantastic job!
wolfen princess14 chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Wonderfully written. I loved the imagery and Ryou's attitude at his situation. Too many fics have Ryou painted as this frail little boy who is abused by Bakura and will do anything to save his friends, it's really refreshing to see this other side.

I also like that Bakura and Ryou were not in love. Haha, sometimes that jsut gets old...really fast. The deal between the two was nice and the way you showed Ryou's complete indifference was really well done. Good work.

~Wolfen Princess
JiangShi chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This is very well written. The imagery and language you put into this is wonderful. I loved how you wrote the interaction bewteen Ryou and Bakura. It's interesting to read Ryou as not being evil but indifferent to everything. Great work.
ani chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
i like it! one of the few times the unusual soul room actually makes sense - i'm so sick of it being Ryou's bedroom.(it wasn't yugi's.)

i love the nonchalant twist; that he just doesn't care. definitely fits the manga canon, would explain why he stole it back anyway.

the imagery beautiful and their relationship is highly believable with what little interaction they have. and the ending is perfect!
MiyAsuka chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
This was absolutely lovely. Now, that's a side of Ryou we don't get to read about very often (I guess that's what the Japanese call Yami Yadonushi, heh?) and you pulled it off great. Awesome job