Reviews for Glass of Water
Blai7r chapter 8 . 8/11
I loved this. I've been longing to read something like this for such a long time! I love your writing and the realness of it; every single character looks so so real, and palpable and present. Thank you so much for sharing this story with us!
green-jedi chapter 8 . 6/6
Very nice, funny, hopeful, tragic, real story. I loved it. Thank you for writing this.
Just finished reading this story (its 3:04am) and its left me with an indescribable, incredibly warm feeling inside. Thank you for writing this ️
I love your writing style- the whole story is canon for me.
Your McGonagall was completely IC- I love it!
Sacraa chapter 8 . 3/24
I don't want this to end. I really got the same feeling when I finished Deathly Hallows
bluestargem chapter 8 . 2/20
man, you make my heart ache. i haven't read any fanfic in a long time, let alone marauder fic (it's been at least 5 years i think) but any marauder, sirius-centric fic that - when done masterfully as yours - pulls out shit about sirius thinking about james when he sees harry's quidditch, or about the graduating class of 1978 having supremely shitty lives in general, makes my heart hurt. but in the best possible way.

you use your divination motif beautifully in this sense, throwing the reader dark foreshadowing asides when they least expect it, before finally turning an otherwise throwaway comment about Sirius's O in Divination into something much more significant and sinister, and giving that metaphorical knife in my heart an extra hard, final twist. because even as i read about these kids being alive and well and sixteen, there's always that umbrella of tragedy hanging over them - the bitter knowledge that none of these people lived to see the end of the very thing they were fighting against. it's been years since i started this fanfic and put it on alert, and as i said, it's also been many many many years since i've actually read a fanfic in general, but to come back and read this was a treat. thank you for writing it. :)
autumnfied chapter 8 . 1/23
i absolutely hate the part about how sirius got his O (because damn was his life really pretty shitty) and also about the future of the class of '78, as i do with all fics reminding me of the tragedy of the marauders' era. of course, when done tastefully as you had, they are almost always my favourite parts too. i had never thought about it but boy! their divination teacher must have really seen all these. marlene's martyrdom and how unlikely it appeared then...ah. it hurts so bad but so good. loved how you emphasised that they don't see the future and kept making me think of their tragic future. thanks for all that heartache you caused, i'd always come back for more ;)

also, i have to say i think your lily is my favourite lily.
katiebug0410 chapter 8 . 12/19/2016
This is a wonderful explanation for why the marauders and Lily became true friends.
musingmarauder chapter 8 . 12/3/2016
I'm so happy you finished this. It was wonderful. I love your characterisations of Lily, Sirius and James. You write beautifully.
Frank chapter 5 . 11/21/2016
Its an interesting fic given the Lily/Sirius friendship. I just wish it didn't need to so badly weaken the James and Sirius friendship as much as it has.
calypso chapter 8 . 11/20/2016
I love how this ties up perfectly with what we know of Sirius and Lily's correspondance in canon. It's brilliant. Their friendship and the way it's been a driving force of the story is brilliant. Perfect ending for them and for Lily and James. If you ever feel like writing any one-shots or drabbles from this universe, set in seventh year for example, that would be awesome. I also loved Auriga's backstory. I hope I'll read more of your stories anyway. I'll check out your original writing for sure. Thanks a lot!
calyspo chapter 7 . 11/20/2016
I'm so glad you updated and also so sad this story is finished, I'm going to miss it a lot. The writing is excellent and I just find it really powerful, in so many ways. Also, that line at the end of this chapter about James pushing them in a broom's closet out of an inflated notion of Gryffindor chivalry is plain awesome. I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes. I could totally see it happening. I actually kind of wish you'd written the scene. I also loved the conversation Lily has with Rosier, the character you created for him and what you made it represent in this story is very intelligent, if that makes sense. Also kudos on writing wise old revolutionary Dumbledore, your dialogue was on point. I'm going to read the last chapter now!
Babymac chapter 8 . 11/16/2016
Awww I wish that wasn't the end but I suppose all good things must have one.. I've really enjoyed reading this story and hope you post more in the future!
Morwyn K chapter 8 . 11/13/2016
Damn, that story was so awesome. There are not enough Friendship fanfics here, much less about Sirius and Lily's (which is strange, because we have a proof that they were great friends in canon, with the letter and all. Lily wasn't just "James' chick" in Sirius' eyes, and Sirius wasn't the "immature bestfriend of her boyfriend" either.) And you did well into making their friendship into a realistic one, wether it be the start of it or how it developped. I loved the ending. Thank you so much for writing this !