Reviews for Interstitium
NightFury828 chapter 33 . 9/20
Pretty good, but I honestly did not like how Miranda was being treated. I have seen too many bashing her without even trying to consider her or get to know her on a much deeper level. Her sister is the most important thing. Yes she may agree with Cerberus' goals, but I doubt she would have joined them if it werent for her looking for protection for her sister. Attacking her because of what TIM did is too far because that in turn is what allowed TIM to use her sister (who is only 14 according to your story) against her...an innocent child.

Her cold personality is a protection mechanism for her, and that is used because of her childhood. She is insecure about herself and her assets because of what she endured as a child by her father and most likely the staff. Trust is not easy for her, and she has no reason to trust Shepard or his friends when they hate Cerberus and are mean to her every chance they get because of her affiliation. From the very start Shepard and his pals would not even consider some of her ideas, which she did have some good ones. So they really cant be shocked when she retaliates every time. And the fact that later, after Shep issues war against Cerberus, Miranda is the only on taken off the ship, rest of cerberus crew is on the ship still, is just cruel. Shep and Garrus (and even Jack) have had it out for her since the very beginning, never giving her a chance to prove how good she can be. Chakwas is the only one that seem to generally care about Miranda's well-being. Jacob only cares because of his previous relationship with her.

Never have been a huge fan of Tali honestly. She is a good character, but I only see her as a friend. Nothing beyond that. Luckily story was too much into Shep/Tali romance which was a plus for me.

I am not trying to tear up your story, because it was very good in other ways, I just dont much like how Miranda's character was done. I feel more sorry for her than the rest of the characters. I was sad to see Grunt not even stand up for another 'tank bred' just because Shep is his battlemaster. Nobody deserves what they have been doing to her.
Half a million words of great writing. Put a whole new perspective on ME2, and made me want to replay it.
Tzu Con chapter 5 . 4/12
Hello,

I've been linked to your story specifically for the lyrics to "Scientist Salarian" that you wrote. I am extremely impressed and wanted to write a short message to pass along my sincere appreciation. They are inventive, tuneful and witty, and you should be proud of them.

Best wishes, Tzu.
TheGoldman chapter 2 . 3/22
I love the idea that Miranda made up the whole thing and framed Wilson, because it totally makes sense! There isn't any better way to wake Shepard up and keep him confused, keep him from asking too many questions, than to distract him with murderbots and a "traitor" to hunt down.
Urtext chapter 2 . 11/24/2016
The five legged fetus thing absolutely floored me. Tells me so much about Wilson's character, in such a small anecdote.

I read this a few years ago, and am reading it again and finding these little details.

Amazing work. I'm happy this exists.
TheMortalMan chapter 33 . 11/23/2016
I know this is a little bit old now and I doubt you'll read this, but this is one of the better stories I've ever read on this site.

You've struck a balance between fan-service, narrative and pure quality that I doubt some fully fledged writers can achieve. You've clearly mastered the art of constructing characters and evolving them. Not only is this novel an incredible addition to Mass Effect, but it's also an incredible stand-alone piece as well. Your dedication to it was, and still is, inspiring.

So yeah, I'd just like to say thanks. Thanks for the countless hours of quality reading and for the countless more hours you spent producing a piece of work that you really should've earned some serious cash for. Cheers, AssaultSloth.
RG chapter 3 . 9/20/2016
And my Shepard was a displaced Sith Lord, muhahahaha
Guest chapter 33 . 3/25/2016
Great story! Seriously awesome work kudos for dedication!
DragonsDeadAndDancing chapter 31 . 1/19/2016
You are a saint. This is perfection.
DragonsDeadAndDancing chapter 6 . 1/14/2016
I love you. This chapter alone makes me wish to, I don't know, file a breeding request...ahem.
You are a fantastic person and an awesome writer. Never let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Guest chapter 33 . 12/14/2015
Just finished, whew, good, very good...as much as I enjoyed, and still enjoy me, me2, and yes me3. ... your take on my favorite game was enjoyed and appreciated, thank you for your time and your great story telling
ptjz2015 chapter 33 . 10/21/2015
This is definitely one of the best Mass Effect fan-fiction I have read. You portrayed each character superbly and the story is extremely well-crafted. (The Legion chapter is especially impressive.) I look forward to reading your take on Mass Effect 3 and I wish you the best of luck in your novel.

Once again, thank you for giving us this tour de force, and I have no doubt that many people, including myself, relished it. Bravo!
kaemsi chapter 8 . 9/19/2015
Even though I doubt you'll be seeing this, AssaultSloth, because this story was completed almost 18 months ago, I had to ask: why Africa?
It's quite the overlooked continent, as a whole, and very rarely garners international interest unless some charity drive or war that affects someone else puts it there. And of all the countries to focus on in Africa, Namibia? South Africa? What was your prompt for those?
Also, how did you build the specific political situation in Africa that you wrote in the codex? Was that referral to the current state of affairs and extrapolation, or was it done by some other means?
Call me curious. :)
Otherwise, your style is damn unique and I'm practically inhaling the story out of sheer enjoyment. You've got a keen eye and a great way of capturing and writing the different characters' voices, and your take on Kelly is at least somewhat redeeming, even though I still cannot stand her guts (her personality is not the issue, but whoever wrote her character clearly did no research into the kind of behaviour psychologists have, but that's an argument for another day). This is one of the better stories to be found on and I'm looking forward to where this story is going. Cheers to you, man!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/19/2015
I genuinely got a bit wet around the eyes when allere (think that's how it's spelt not sure) died, wonderfully crafted story, love the series so far.
cavlin chapter 9 . 8/7/2015
Your skill is amazing. I hope to get a Liara chapter. Now your Grunt is awesome! Please write more with Grunt. I was laughing so hard! I love Grunt.