Reviews for Interstitium
Janizary chapter 28 . 3/26/2014
Masterful chapter. The back-story elements had me riveted.
Janizary chapter 27 . 3/26/2014
OMG there was so much goodness in this chapter!

Minuteman station was the best. The interaction between Shepard and Illusive Man was excellent.

In Grunt's log I kept waiting for 'ate engineer'. heh.
Karg42 chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Holy shit. Grunt is the last person I expected to figure out how to access the Omega 4 Relay. Well done. Grunt really feels like an insecure kid trying too hard too prove himself and you can almost taste Okeer losing his mind. Freaking love it mate.
Granten chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Normally I find Grunt to be one of the most boring characters in Mass Effect, probably because he's so much like Jacob. Some potential for development, but really nothing done with it and ultimately shoved aside for more colorful characters.

This managed to make him more interesting, show the team mentoring him in their own way and spend some time on a criminally ignored character, Okeer.
Tyler chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Wow, seeing another chapter up so quickly was a pleasant surprise today. I had something to read while on a road trip for work.

As usual, I have nothing but praise. Maybe the IFF was a little...blunt, but theres no need to make that a big mystery.

What I realized is so great about your story is that it may essentially be a novelization of ME2, the simplest kind of fan fiction, but you've filled out with so much more depth, and that depth feels like it came straight from BioWare. I want to say you own these characters now. I don't think there's one interpretation I don't love.

Well, I still feel Shepard and Miranda's interaction are far more entertaining than Shepard and Tali's...but that's a more personal choice.
Guile chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
… Illusive Man, maybe? I don’t know. I can hope, though.

It’s a shame to see Interstitium coming to an end, even if you have to be lauded for completing such a long and interesting work. Any plans to do some work on ME3? For all it’s faults, it mostly stumbles in the last five hours, with TIM and the Catalyst. The tearing down of the universe Bioware built is kind of magnetic and amazing, and it would do credit to a Shepard chapter as the world falls down around him, at least.
Tirion I chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
A pure krogan chapter. We are in awe. Gruntexploding tech armor awesome :D

Here's to hoping this unit will join the group next week.
Tomon chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Heh, so IFF through Grunt memories as I guessed at the start of this chapter. Good idea and quite original, still they need to somehow obtain one but maybe with this info, TIM will send them to the derelict reaper? So far so good (or even better) :)
tlktojpw chapter 27 . 3/19/2014
The scene where Tali takes off her glove was powerful. Simple, but shows much she loves Shepard. The whole chapter was very well done.
DracolDuran79 chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Pretty good. Love the cartoons!

And poor Kasumi, couldn't hide from the nose. ;)
Cstan chapter 28 . 3/19/2014
Quick update, huge chapter and an interesting view on Grunt. This is why I like this fic so much

I have nothing really to complain about and spamming the review with more laurels for your fic is, in my opinion, a bit redundant so I'll just jump to speculation on the next chapters focus:

Legion. He's the only one who hasn't appeared in any shape, form or mentioning what-so-ever. And it's about time he showed up.

Harbinger might also be a candidate... maybe. Not next chapter though...

Or maybe the Illusive Man. Despite everything he was an awesome character.

Speaking of AWESOME characters: Joker. It's Joker, right? I mean, come on, the guy is way to awesome to keep out of this fic, right?

Hm, can't think of anyone else at the moment. And you said only four chapters remained. It's probably too much to hope that all four get the spot-light but I'm pretty confident that at least two will get their own POVs.

See you next chapter.
Afalstein chapter 27 . 3/18/2014
You probably know this already, but there's a deleted scene in ME3 that has Shepard talking with Ashley about his ressurrection, and he reveals that a part of him is afraid he's not actually Shepard, but some sort of Frankenstein clone with Shepard's memories. I understand why they cut it but I always thought it was an interesting commentary on the ressurrection.

Oh! And I get a lot of what Shepard is complaining about here. It really started to annoy me in ME2 how everyone seemed to think Shepard was the ONLY person who could do ANYTHING. I mean, okay, the 5th Fleet sent him on every random task in ME1, but that was because he was a soldier. In ME2 it was because everyone looked at him like a god.
General Rage chapter 28 . 3/18/2014
Hey that anonymous review from before that mentioned loving Captain Cosmic was me. Stupid phone hadn't logged me in sorry. Just posting this here in case you wanted to respond to my comments.

Also, I loved the contrast between Grunt and Okeer, I felt it really sold the piece .
Guest chapter 28 . 3/18/2014
Interesting idea using Grunt to discover the big secret of the relay. And overall you wrote him incredibly well. He's like a giant two year it's hilarious. I also got a lot of chuckles out of the Captain Cosmic stuff, too damn perfect man.

Anyway, looking forward to Legion and how he's presented. It would be nice to get a different perspective on him, I can always count on different from you. That's what brings me back.
BoutsofInsanity42 chapter 27 . 3/18/2014
I may not completely agree with all of your interpretations of the characters. Specifically Garrus and the way he handled Miranda. But I want you to know how much I love this story.

Shepard and Solomon Gunn. That entire bit was amazing. I was laughing so hard. Goodness. Anyway, you keep chugging away. I love this story and its pretty awesome.
884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »