Reviews for A Time to Speak
errata chapter 33 . 5/26/2012
Truly beautiful
Danglingfeet chapter 7 . 5/20/2012
I'm not sure she could consider herself lucky. I mean, they " smack " her. It was disturbing enough with Draco, but to have Narcissa and Lucius do it. And acting like they're her own parents. She should be independent. It's Hermione. And why punish her when she was clearly in shock ? Because he " loves her " ?

I think she should have put her foot down before the marriage, set some of her own rules. Letting strangers ' punish ' her for BREATHING.

I love your stories. But the feminist in me is dying to smash the Malfoys' heads.
irishi's6622 chapter 33 . 10/20/2011
I just wanted you to know that your stories are fantastic. If you ever have a chance to really get published, please do!
puglyday chapter 33 . 5/9/2011
Amazing, simply amazing. I'm not very good at expressing myself with written words and I don't have enough space to write everything but I'll try to say a few specific things, because general complements are nice, but specific ones are better.

I laughed very hard with the whole running joke of Snape being the one to tell everyone about the birds and the bees. It reminded me of in your other story where Draco put it upon himself to keep his cousin (Hermione) from being ruined, although he wasn't exactly sure how one went about that yet- I laughed a lot at that one too.

I also really liked your interpretation of death and spirits and ancestors. As far as I could tell you combined quite a few different traditions and maybe made some up, but I thought it was really beautiful. I like the idea of ancestor 'worship,' its calming to think of all those gone before watching over us.

I also liked your version of traditional wizarding family life. Again, you incorporated a lot of older traditions and maybe some novels, but also put your own spin on things. I especially liked the whole part with the Malfoys having a problem with Hermione's dislike of touching and that leading them to think (amongst other things) that she didn't have very good parents. I'm not a mother, but it made me think about what you have to do as a parent to make your child happy and healthy even if it might be out of your comfort range.

You wrote a few authors notes about how so and so (like Narcissa or Draco) were being horrid, I forget the exact words you used, but it is all about taking things within their cultural context, and I think that is what you intended your readers to be able to do. I guess what I'm saying is this is a much more sophisticated and elaborate story than almost all on here and I really appreciate all the work you put into it. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us!
charming-notion chapter 32 . 3/25/2011
I like this whole series - the nuance and the time you took with revealing the relationships was really good. And "Where your treasure is, there your heart shall be" is Matthew 6:21
Valkyrie War Cry chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Since I've already reviewed the last chapter, I decided to place this here; it basically addresses the series as a whole.

I don't know if you've been watching, but PBS has a wonderful miniseries on Masterpiece Classic right now called Downton Abbey. The dynamics remind me a whole lot of the Malfoy lifestyle, even if the Edwardian period was after the Victorian. Anyway, it simply helped me fully realize the cultural differences Hermione and the Malfoys overcome in this story. I suggest giving the series a try; Maggie Smith has a part in it ;) It mirrors the Black sisters' in my opinion as well.
EmoPrincess21 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
VERY NICE
Sook03 chapter 33 . 1/5/2011
Good luck.
Sook03 chapter 32 . 1/5/2011
Drusilla will beat the Weasley offspring in every test, forever and ever.
Sook03 chapter 31 . 1/5/2011
Oh, how I adore normalcy.
Sook03 chapter 28 . 1/4/2011
The highs match the lows.
Sook03 chapter 27 . 1/4/2011
God bless them all.
Sook03 chapter 26 . 1/4/2011
Slytherrin's even in death.
Sook03 chapter 24 . 1/4/2011
The chances of it surviving are slim.

Let Hermione and Draco's spirit be strong in their child.
Sook03 chapter 23 . 1/4/2011
Custard sends her greetings and best wishes.