Reviews for The Pirates of the Meribian
Sect chapter 18 . 9/8/2010
Good story! An excellent Carribean-esque adventure, and fantastic characters. Also, the way that you tie in lost canon was well done.

My one gripe about it is that it seems incomplete: you start the story with Jessica, and not ending it with her makes it seem like the story isn't QUITE concluded. I would recommend that you add an epilogue, so that we can at least see Jessica's reaction to the story (maybe she adds to her outfit something from her mother's wedding day...?).
GeshronTyler chapter 18 . 4/17/2010
Bravo! Not a dry eye in the house! _ Though I would have liked to know how her family was deciding to take it. Its apparent they didn't _actively_ dispute the marriage (not for long, at least. P), and I guess that being made govenor shows that Mel reached a certain level of "respectability". I suppose it's a case of "we don't talk about it, and neither should you", at least until Mel's stature rose high enough that they couldn't ignore it.
GeshronTyler chapter 17 . 4/14/2010
Wai, Disney ending! P
GeshronTyler chapter 16 . 4/13/2010
Ah maann, she could have let them get to first blood at least... So, it's Althena's will that a Pirate King goes legit? _
GeshronTyler chapter 15 . 4/7/2010
*Ironic Cheers* And there was much rejoicing! Oops, not quite yet. Time for the _Test of Testosterone_! P

There was a movie I remember watching where an englishmen gets sentenced to deportation for life as an indentured servant/slave to an english colony, breaks free with several others and steals a ship. He turns pirate/privateer, and when war with France (I believe it was, or Spain?) breaks out, he does his "patriotic" duty. I believe he rescues, or captures the daughter of the Colonial Governer, and maybe saves the colony itself. I believe it ends with him being pardoned, and getting the Lady, of course. P And its a fairly old movie, either black and white, or early color. I did enjoy that one.
GeshronTyler chapter 14 . 4/3/2010
I've never played Lunar: Silver Star "anything", and I only discovered it existed from youtube AMVs. I have glanced at the wikipedia entry, and it seems like an interesting story. That one cutscene from Lunar: Silver Star Story (first part, I guess) on the sailing ship where the girl sings at night, I've seen that one. I guess that was the inspiration in part to this series?

I also found the idea interesting of a civilazation on the moon, with earth in the sky above. _ Might make an interesting tie in for Sailor Moon, but I really don't know enough about either story.

Nice chapter, and the pirate got the girl. _ Let's see if they can talk themselves out of a hangin' for having destroyed the evil, and no longer holding a hostage. Though the hostage may be strangely reluctant to be returned home...
dzfhh chapter 9 . 3/19/2010
Still a very fun story. Amelie's interactions with the pirates are rather charming. I, again, look forward to reading more (and of course more of the EMDN series which led me to your profile and this Lunar find in the first place).
klerpty chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
Thank you for deciding to post this here. I always thought that Lunar had a wealth of possibilities for fanfic and I'm glad to find one of good ol' Mel.