Reviews for Observations on a Spring Day
falconer54 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Oh, vey interesting. And it seems Watson did get to make a second first impression on Holmes...
Hiyami chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Cute drabble. Sorry for the inevitable flood of reviews _
reflekshun chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Bart, you have done it again. This was fun to read. Thank you for sharing.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I am really starting to like your work, it seems.

*snicker*

I do have a bit of critism here, though. Yes, in your summary you said Holmes was younger, but I don't think he'd sound so immature here, even if he's got an ego the size of England itself.

Either way, the idea that inspired this is good, and your application of it was fun to read.

Keep writing!
galliechan chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Sorry, one question, couldn't help myself...is Watson twenty-six when he graduated? I thought both Holmes and Watson are in their early-middle twenties in the Study in Scarlet.
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
You honestly took me by suprise by the end. I was not expecting Watson to be passed over like that. This was a cheeky little fic.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
This was perfect! Well done.
sjl chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Interesting little tidbit. I like the idea that someone you've already met having yet to make a change that's coming!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
I really love this quite a lot. The fact that we are privy to knowledge that Holmes (nor Watson, for that matter) is not, makes this so bittersweet. And SUCH knowledge! This is just really cool, to see destiny, as you say, make her first attempt! I know it works perfectly well as a one-shot, but would you ever consider continuing this? Or at least providing Holmes' 2nd opinion...?

Anyway, awesome stuff!
stonegnome1 chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
A new angle. I have often wondered how Holmes developed his list of occupational markers. I think Watson would be older because of the need to finish medical school. To the best of my knowledge canon does not say if Watson was a professonal soldier , but he recieved a pention which would be unusual.