Reviews for No one gets left behind
SG-Cynder chapter 447 . 7/15/2011
By Eywa...Excellent story. Damn this is going to be hard to try and continue, IF I can.

1 and 1/2 years you worked on this story. Over 1 million words. And tons of dedication. No way in Pandora will I forget this story.

Hmmm now I will need to try and figure out what happened with Jimmy and Sevin ( I think that was her name).
N7 chapter 447 . 7/11/2011
Wow, it actually ended, never expected this, great story man. You kept all of us entertained day after day, for close to a year and a half, and I hope you keep on writing.
Rare10101 chapter 447 . 7/10/2011
I wish there was a Hall of Fame on this site. I would put you in it. Even if your grammar was lacking I was into the story to tell.
TheOracleOfTime chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
Oh Noes! The Story Is Ovah! I got an email saying you posted an epilogue! Im Still around chap 180! Im Really Sad Right Now...Your Story was Awesome...Feelin Emo Now. YOU MUST RIGHT MOAR STORIES! U AND CHUGGAACONROY AND NINTENDOCAPRISUN (chugga and caprisun on youtube) ARE THE FEW REASONS I HAVE NOT KILLEED MYSELF YET! Make Moar...Or...I Will...Take Away...ummmmm...idk! Whatevs Just Write Moar Stories K?
Na'viRabbit chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
!

The story just had to end didn't it?

I can't believe it though. It was certainly a trial getting here though!
forgotten shock trooper chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
I cant believe its finally over! D; Well you have earned a well deserved break skreetz. This was one of the best fic's i have ever read deffinatly the longest and with the most dedicated author. I hope you dont leave fanfic because i'd look forward to whatever you would write next (hopefully more avatar stuff XD) but ya know this was at a good enough level for you to try and write your own book i mean the quality of your writing is high enough and you wrote over a million words thats like 3 books worth of fiction! Whatever you do i hope this isnt the last we have heard of you. Thanks.

(Also sorry i havent reviewed in so long my phone has become the devil that stopped me. I get alerts on it so end up reading off of it but cant log in on it so i cant review and im rarely on the site on pc because of it. I made an exception though with this being finished and all lol :D)
Echo 5 chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
I cried. No f***ing joke man, this story was one of the best I have ever read. You rock, man. All of this time and effort you put in to this is astounding.

Time to go back to back to chapter one, I'm readin' this baby again.
Xerxes2003 chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
So it has come to an end.

Even though I had not reviewed for the good second half of the story (the posts here could hardly be called reviews anymore, anyway), I still stayed with you every chapter, and I thought, "Hell, if he really manages to end it one day, I'll give one final review." And you did, so here comes!

Thank you for this insane and as some would say foolhardy effort. Seriously, how you managed to find time to write and put out a chapter every day for so freaking long is beyond me, because I know I simply couldn't, as busy as I am. Frankly, I don't know even why you did it like this, but that is solely yours to contemplate.

But it didn't come without a price, to you I'm sure, but to the readers as well. If you ever decide to start another writing effort, Avatar or not, fanfiction or not, I would advise against such a publishing model. Why? Because it a) forced you to come up with something even when you were out of ideas or time, feeling tired or otherwise unwell, and the resulting "filler" chapters were often... frankly, below average. And b) because it forced you to put out a chapter without any additional editing or god forbid proofreading by someone else, resulting in rather raw contents. But I must admit, this "stream of consciousness" style of writing has something about it. I certainly had a chuckle (or a facepalm) out of some of your... weirder formulations every now and then.

You said you had started this story in order to improve your English. I tried to give you a few pointers back then, but mostly it was a vain effort. The two things that irked me the most were absolute lack of past perfect tense, which is used very often in English narrative and has its firm purpose there (yeah, I know we don't have it in Czech, but that is just an excuse), and your using "she" and "he" to refer to inanimate objects, which is again something we do in Czech (and indeed you chose the form consistent with the grammatical gender of the corresponding Czech word), but in English it is... weird.

That, and the other thing was paragraphing, which started out okay in the few first chapters, then quickly deteriorated until the people started complaining, and finally you settled on the scheme where every spoken sequence started a new paragraph, which worked for you most of the time, but it is not a common way and it can lead to confusion. There is a bit of subtlety into it that is not at all hard to understand - and it is also one thing I would recommend looking into if you ever started another story.

I would be really interested to see what the story would have looked like if you had planned it carefully, edited it and run it by an English betareader. And not forced yourself to come up with something even when you were in no mood to. Maybe in the potential next story?

As far as the plot is concerned, in my very first review I wrote, "Each time I thought this couldn't possibly turn any more insane, ridiculous, absurd or random, you have proven me wrong." And that about sums it up. There were some parts that were... okay, harder to plough through (I actually skimmed a few chapters somewhere around 290 or so when Rick was "frolicking with the thanators" - that's about the part when I stopped reviewing), but thankfully you managed to put it back on track and give it a reasonably epic finale.

The part when Smokey drove the big digger to the shore was about the most badass moment of the second half of the story. The brightest moment of the first part (apart from the first four chapters) is undoubtedly Neytiri thinking Tarya dug up Rick's body. You know the moment I mean.

Anyway, I'm gonna miss my daily bedtime story. Thanks again. It's been fun.

No nic, tak zas někdy příště. Měj se a díky za všechny ryby!
Teddy-wabbitz chapter 447 . 7/9/2011
Wow - a good story and humour, started very well, meanded a bit then got back its form. In all a very good read and thanks to the author.
Yukidog chapter 447 . 7/8/2011
It was fun skreetz, but all good things must come to

an end. This story has accomplished a lot. 1,000,000 words, over 2000 reviews, and daily updates. I believe you are the only person that can accomplish this. It's hard to see the end, but at least it was a happy ending.

P.S- SEQUEL! :D
Gemralts the Writer-Wolf of FF chapter 447 . 7/8/2011
So it is the end. I haven't been here since the beginning. "No one gets left behind", when I first saw your summary I thought you were an epic war fic. I've read your humor, I've read your suspense, I've read all of it. I know I should have reviewed more, a lot more. You were a great fanfic. Reaching over one million words, you were a persevering one. I've written a poem for you:

No one gets left behind,

you were never leave my heart,

my mind,

and my soul.

I've been here through the good times,

the bad times,

*Sob*
Hideout Writer chapter 447 . 7/8/2011
Much better!
oldschoolninja chapter 446 . 7/8/2011
wow what a way to finish the story kinda brings tears to my eyes that rick had left was hopin that he whould get to stay but i still think you ended this beautifully
Hideout Writer chapter 446 . 7/8/2011
So you're telling me that I just read four hundred and forty six chapters, and you're gonna end it, just like that? How could you?
Yukidog chapter 445 . 7/8/2011
What's with the lack of reviews? Nooo!
2,434 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »