Reviews for Raising Winchester
Zana Zira chapter 9 . 4/9
God, I'm bawling right now. This story, I just... gah! I almost wish the series had turned out this way, because then the boys' lives would have been so much better. What sucks is that John always said he was doing his best, and Dean agreed with that. Well I side with Sam in saying that's complete and utter bull. John learned most of what he knew from Bobby - who, might I add, also lost his wife to the supernatural - and yet Bobby isn't a revenge-driven maniac who is willing to completely alienate those boys and turn them into weapons of war just so he can take out a demon. If John had truly been doing the best he could, he would have been Bobby.

So yeah, I love that they didn't go back to John. I've always hated that SOB, and I was happy when he died on the show (although very saddened by how much it hurt Dean) so I'm glad the two of them, at least in this fic, realized how poisonous he was and got out before it cost them their futures.

Bravo! And also, I think I might need to buy stock in Kleenex now, because I seriously can't make the tears stop.
SGAavidreader chapter 9 . 4/2
I really was very engaged in this story. I was so angry with John myself I was starting to get really worked up when it appeared you were going to have Dean feel like what John did was a good thing. I also started to become worried they were just going to go back. Thank you for not making it all ok and having Sam and Dean take a stand. Fantastic story!
hinatalover445 chapter 9 . 1/29
Yes, finally! A story where John gets what he deserves.
Graysonian chapter 9 . 10/31/2014
Oh my word. This was such an up and down ride. Amazing writing-it made me cry, it made me rant, this story was perfection. I loved how you wrote each of the characters flawlessly and the character development was BEAUTIFUL. I just can't even get over this. This should be made into an actual episode. This was probably the most emotionally wrenching fic I've read in a while.
-AR
shotgunequalssammy chapter 9 . 10/15/2014
This is a powerful story - I confess that you succeeded in making me cry. Damn. You wrote all three Winchesters perfectly, and may I also say that I ADORE your character Ingrid! And the hunters that did that to Sam? That they were unaware that Sam didn't know about the doozies (the horror upon realizing that he didn't) was strangely satisfying - in other words, greatly appreciated.
I also think you did a great job to torture us, the readers, with the beginning of this chapter. That Sam and John were "bonding" and actually having a good time, while we KNEW what was going to happen... Ugh. A plus for making me pull my hair out (fanfics make me emotional, ok).
So I salute you for this story: plot is great and the characters interesting, and the bond between Sam and Dean is beautifully written. Just... damn. :)
Frakking Toasters chapter 8 . 7/12/2014
This is some really powerful stuff and handled with such care and such realism. The aftermath of Sam's abuse is absolutely harrowing, but I love how together, and with Ingrid of all people, they make a new life for themselves.

I was worried for a minute there in the second last chapter I think it was. It almost felt like Dean believed John had been right in doing what he'd done, because Sam was tough now, and he never would have been otherwise. Now Sam could be a proper hunter, almost as if Dean thought it was okay to go back into hunting again. He just had to check in with John to make sure that's why he'd done it. But thankfully it didn't end up that way. Maybe for a minute Dean did understand where John was coming from. But seeing John in person, and hearing him say the actual words were just too much to take. The more John said, the deeper he dug the hole. And honestly, what could he have said to make any of it okay? Child abuse is never okay. Not even in their line of work.

Sam will never be the same. He lost his innocence. He lost his gentleness. And all of that might make him a great hunter. But I love that he's not going back to that. Well...I guess we don't know that for sure. But that's the impression I get, and that's what I choose to believe. And I think that's really poetic. It's exactly what John deserves. To lose his son - both of them as it turns out. But to actually have turned Sam into someone who could be a great hunter, but to have him turn his back on it.

Great GREAT story. xo
Guest chapter 9 . 4/24/2014
Amazing story. I'm so glad that I discovered it after it was completed because waiting to find out what happened would have been very, very hard. What an outstanding job you did in defining the very sad changes in Sam and in portraying Dean's loss as well. And THANK YOU that Dean did not take John's side.
TG
Reanna chapter 9 . 3/20/2014
You'd better be proud of this. I was bloody near crying when I got to the last chapter. I swear all the birds took flight; I was cursing so loud. This was amazing to read. Jeez, if I could I'd contact the writers of the show and say they needed someone else on their team. I'd give you a medal if I knew who you were, but I'll just offer a cyber-standing ovation. You're a brilliant author. Placing my bets on you making it far.

–RN
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
Very interesting.
Nicolene B chapter 9 . 12/1/2013
Nicely written!
himrqwerty chapter 9 . 10/13/2013
OMFG YES
Marz1 chapter 9 . 9/5/2013
Great story, very angsty and you wrote an OFC that wasnt annoying or a scene stealer! Believable characterization all around! Good job!
Supermikeyninjalady chapter 4 . 8/23/2013
This is amazing so far!
pharlan25 chapter 9 . 7/13/2013
Thank you for writing such an amazing story! I love reading stories where the words play like pictures in my mind, and this story was exactly that. In fact, I loved it so much, I stayed up until 2:00 am reading it, oops!
TheFandomEater chapter 9 . 7/4/2013
this is so fucking amazing