Reviews for Letters between BeachHead and Aunt Beth
susan chapter 4 . 2/21/2010
awesome story!

please keep writing ) )
EroSlackerMicha chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
Nice. I peeked in and saw four chapters and each one is awesome.

Keep it up.

Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
"I mean.. no one ever told me I couldn't send the PT squad to climb over the Chaplain's assistant's buildings for practice. We only broke two windows and that one Chaplain said he'd forgive us.. just as soon as his broken arm heals. Wasn't my fault that Bazooka landed on him."

Whoa boy, another training exercise from the House of Near-Sadistic Ideas. :)
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
Wow...yeah. I can see why Beach isn't allowed a tank in civvy zones any longer. Fifty bucks says he managed to find the only Porsche in a twenty mile radius, too.

I can also totally picture the Rangers at the rendezvous "Holy...BEACHHEAD is gonna be here? LANE INSTRUCTOR HARDASS IS BACK, BOYS! STRAIGHTEN UP!"

Army Ranger get togethers would be interesting, considering that according to a buddy of mine who used to be in the military, these are the following guidelines to being a ranger...

Army Ranger Rules:

1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.

3. Have a plan.

4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.

5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet even your friends…

6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)

9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.

I can totally picture a room full of these people. "So, if things go south, we fortify the wet bar, send a team to secure the bathrooms from insurgent control, using only cocktail toothpicks and hand-to-hand combat...

Ah, army humor.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
Another fun update. Beach sure loves to egg (hah! pun!) Aunt Beth about killing the ducks. Wayne's letter writing and social skills also seemed to have greatly improved as well, while still staying the grumpy Ranger we all love.
Karama9 chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
I always picture Aunt Beth having a small freak-out whenever Beach mentions doing something insanely bone-headed or dangerous, from telling CoverGirl she's fat to walking on a broken leg when he's not supposed to, to going to get himself shot, to throwing people out of planes.

And it's nice to see the relationship between the two lovebirds progressing. Two conversations without a fight... that's very impressive. I think Aunt Beth deserves a present for her role in this.
Frog1 chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
So, how bad will making bread try #2 will be to the PIT's kitchen? BTW, Snakes should have also 'discourage' those guys from admiring Sallah.
Psyk2 chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
"constipated gorilla" - that's an image I will have great difficulty getting outta my head now. THANKS!

Loving every letter.
Ghanie chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
I so love the letters idea! :D
Karama9 chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
Can't wait to see the description of Scarlett's brothers to Courtney's picture. :D

This is such an adorable story, fun to read, no stress... no wonder you enjoy writing it.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
Yay, another chapter! I loved how even Beach Head wouldn't dare not share cookies with his fellow soldiers. I've sent my brother a care package before, so I know that treats go fast and are expected to be shared :). I have feeling that soon the whole Pit will be adopting Aunt Beth.

Beach seemed very proud of June's picture, though he wouldn't say it. Snake Eyes should get a kick out of it as well. The bits with Buster, Sallah, and Sean's newfound weapon of destruction were great. I'm glad that Dusty and Doc got their cookies and that Aunt Beth also got a letter from Courtney (as well as marriage and adoption proposals.)
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 2 . 2/18/2010
I do not even want to know where BeachHead got pink ladies underwear for a dozen (give or take) greenies. But thank you for that mental picture; I just fell most of the way out of my chair laughing.

And BeachHead would be a terror with crutches. Good extra four to five feet of reach..."shudders".

Enjoying this a lot. Thanks!
PhantomEmpress chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
Wonderful letters! I love how everyone is getting in on it and how clueless to farm living Beach is, and conversely Aunt beth's completely clueless about millitary lie (especially the eccenticities of the Joes). hehe Great stuff, good writing as always and , Yes, MORE MORE MORE!
EllieLovesToRead chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
I really like these letters! It reminds me of when I used to have a penpal, although, I was rather young back then so the letters weren't usually that interesting.

When your letters change their point of view, I can actually sense a personality change! It's really refreashing to read something a little different, a little new. Although your letters aren't exactly a story, they do tell one. I can't exactly explain the feeling that I get when I read them but I do get all warm and fuzzy inside. Aunt Beth is one of my favourite OCs, she's just too sweet and reminds me a lot of my great aunts. Well, thank you for writing these and sharing them with us.

Ellie Jane Farrell
river95 chapter 3 . 2/18/2010
Hey Wolfy!

I figured that I should get on the ball and actually send you a review here, so that you can see that I do read all of your things here as well as when you send them to me! Sometimes I even read them 3 or 4 times!

I really like these letters! I especially like the fact that Aunt Beth is still worried about him, even though she realizes that his job is to shoot things, and to get into harm's way. I love all the scolding that she does to get him to behave himself, and I think it is pretty funny that it seems to be working (at least a little bit) and that he is being a little more careful about staying off of his leg.

It is really sad that CoverGirl wouldn't sit and eat with him - I understand why he was being hard on her, but I can just imagine her side of the argument - she was trying her best, and he doesn't understand, etc. I hope that she will get over it, and put more salt in his tea soon!

My favorite part of the story about the tournament is that Buster took down the Sensei! I think that the boys should get Buster a green collar, to signify his green belt status! LOL! I can just imagine them sending a picture of that to BeachHead, to make him laugh!

I also really like the note from Courtney at the end of this chapter - it was very nice of you to write that one. Are you going to have Aunt Beth send Beach something so that he doesn't get raw spots on him, where his armor is rubbing?

I also have to say that the place where Beach is explaining that he would rather have Courtney safe and able to do her job well, rather than being involved with her, is the best explanation you have written yet about why he is so hard on people. Good job!

Have a great day, and I will chat with you later!

156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »