Reviews for Beyond Time
alk2015 chapter 1 . 2/18
I loved this... I am new to fan fiction, and this story is all I have been thinking about for the past week since I’ve finished it. I am spoiled for any further reading of other stories. You have a very special gift, and others are right to say that this would have made a better novel than any of the other original Twilight books. I am sorry that I didn’t know if it’s existence for so long. You’re fanfic had made my Bella/Edward fascination come penultimate! Love this more than anything I’ve read so far!
Jessterday chapter 38 . 2/16
What a lovely story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
atouchofcitron chapter 38 . 1/25
what an extraordinarily beautiful piece of writing. truth be told, this was the first story where i actually cried. i had no idea what to expect, and bella's grief when edward still falls ill and is on his deathbed touched me. to fight desperately against fate only to realize you never escaped its grasp in the first place is heartbreaking. as fantastical as this whole thing is, you were able to tie it all in to their canon personalities while breathing a whole new life into this period, and it was refreshing to read. i LOVED that maggie's descendants were expecting bella and edward later on. i also loved bella's whole history with carlisle, and am so happy you provided his perspective on his reflection. i didn't even know how much i needed it in my life. and obviously, bella, edward, and even alice in 1918 was spectacular. thank you so much for this, i honestly can't wait to reread this later.
Darrah Meuret chapter 33 . 1/8
Boots or best
Darrah Meuret chapter 26 . 1/7
Let me guess- he told them she was pregnant
Darrah Meuret chapter 2 . 1/7
While in London, he targeted Victoria, and she avoided him for months until he found her evasion interesting and made her his mate. He never lost his quarry, except in one case where his prey was turned into a vampire before he could attack her. He wanted her because her scent was very intoxicating to him, like Bella's is to Edward. For revenge, James murdered Alice's creator, causing Alice to be alone. He wanted to see if she could survive on her own, and maybe someday find her again and then finish her off. Unlike the Cullens, he drank human blood regularly as his food source, and because of this, he was physically slightly stronger. Their little coven was later joined by Laurent.
While in Siberia, he came across the scent of a werewolf, and apparently did not know what it was, and chased it throughout the country.
Darrah Meuret chapter 19 . 1/7
In the books James was born in 1780 and was turned in 1805 in Pennsylvania where he was born and raised. James was born towards the end of the American Revolution. His father was a French trapper and his mother was from England. She had come to America as an indentured servant and later ran away from her master. James was raised to track and trap by his father at a young age. The Iroquois killed his parents before his eleventh birthday. He used his substantial skills to survive on his own in the wilderness. He gained a measure of fame during his late teens and early twenties as the best tracker on the frontier, as well as sometimes being called the ugliest. He didn't care about his face, all he cared about was winning.

One night in Montreal, he met a mysterious French vampire who found James' confidence amusing and offered to best him in any test, his only condition being that the competition had to be at night. James was unimpressed by the dandified appearance of his competitor, and he agreed without hesitation, even when the Frenchman—seemingly in jest—upped the stakes to life or death. During the contest, James released a marked deer into the wild and tracked it. The Frenchman found it in a matter of minutes. James cried foul as he witnessed his speed and lack of evidence of traditional hunting methods on the deer's body. He claimed the Frenchman had an undisclosed advantage, perhaps witchcraft or demonic help. He also said that he would have been able to track it if he had the same advantage. This prompted the vampire to turn him and give him the same advantage. After he bit James, the vampire took off, laughing, and offered a rematch in a decade or two.

As a vampire, James adjusted to his new life very easily. He was a skilled tracker who enjoyed the hunt as a sadistic game. He tended to get "feelings", a sort of "sixth sense", about his quarry's whereabouts, which aided him in the hunt. Though it's never explicitly stated, perhaps this was the ability he brought over from his human life. However, that did not soften him toward the French vampire. About six months after he grew out of the newborn ravage, he found his creator and killed him—which James considered as his idea of winning the bet. He went on to hunt and track his prey, which grew tiresome as he always found them no matter the distance or time. He searched for more challenging prey, and targeted on vampires. Though it almost cost him his life a few times, he did not stop.

Darrah Meuret chapter 11 . 1/6
Edward’s father was a banker
mrsProbie chapter 7 . 12/30/2020
I do desperately want this to be Carlisle/Bella omg
thelightnina chapter 31 . 12/18/2020
reading this during COVID-19 is insane.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/4/2020
When Bella questioned about women not having the right to vote, and Samantha responded with an implied 'duh' - Bella actually could have had an excellent reason for being surprised. She stated she was from the state of Washington which gave women the right to vote in 1910. So, while the US still had a couple more years before women would be granted that right, Bella would have spent the past 8 years living where it already was occurring.
breathelifein chapter 32 . 11/28/2020
Reading this in the middle of the 2020 pandemic, seeing Edward lowering his mark and then rubbing his eyes after touching his sick father has me TRIGGERED. omg boy, take fucking care!
jayla174 chapter 10 . 11/12/2020
Ooooops she called him Mr Cullen at the end but he would have been not Cullen
Broweyesandhair chapter 37 . 11/8/2020
This has been a wild read in the context of 2020 with the pandemic but it has been very enjoyable! Great story!
Broweyesandhair chapter 36 . 11/7/2020