Reviews for Venustraphobia
Professor J. L. Nemo chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
*standing ovation*

You need to publish; you know that, right? You need to make the world a better place with your gifts of literature.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
I usually don't see Harley as being so dark... but you write it so well. Poor Johnathan - afraid that love will betray him.
My Beautiful Ending chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
this was like, creepy. like you wrote it really really well creepy. plus the fact that it was all very imagery and stuff. I can see why you didn't put it in Night is Blind, but glad you put it up anyhoo.

~~MBE
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
The dream part is gorgeous. This Harley could give Poison Ivy a run for her money. The whole heart-eating thing is pretty gruesome as well, very detailed.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I've been reading your stuff for a while, but have been super slow about reviewing. Really need to sleep right now but I absolutely LOVED this! Your descriptions were beautiful, the horror aspect with Harley eating his heart was /very/ effective, and the breakdown at the end with Scarecrow calling Jonathan for help before eventually degenerating into "Jonny" was absolutely fascinating. Part of this also comes from me questioning whether he is aware that he's talking to himself on some level, that there is no one else to do it because he's too terrified of what might result. Also, I'm curious if he calls himself Jonny in part because he secretly wants Harley to...Gah, late night incoherency alert! The setting did feel a little unclear to me at times, and there were spots where the language felt a touch over-formal (possibly sleepiness by me, but not sure), but that bit at the end referring to the fact that it's the first time Scarecrow has wept has me thinking mighty hard. Because on the one hand it sounds like Jon and Scarecrow are thinking separately here-so Jon could've cried while 'crow hasn't-or he's one personality but identifies himself differently at different points in his life.

And I loved manipulative Harley. You really can't be sure if that girl's ever being genuine or not. She's dangerous.

And, though it was mentioned in 'Where Night is Blind', I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the recommendation! :-D I made a very silly sounding squeak of happiness. Am going to try and review that at some point in the near future as well. :-) Thanks for writing this!