Reviews for Broken and Overcome
Lover of Reid chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Oh wow. I was so scared for Ron, and am so relieved that he didn't actually die. Little Jessica sounds so cute. I like how Ron commented that they had made a little monster. It would have been so funny if you could have added the reactions of Monique and Zita to seeing Ron alive, but I like the way that you ended it.
Subject87 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great one shot, you write a good angst story. Keep up the good work!
Kaiisan chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
oh God i was so sure he was a goner that i was in tears until i read Ron's goofy reply to Kim ! :'''D
Pinky Jo Curlytail chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Oh man, this was perfectly heartwrenching, and so well written that I could have forgiven you for an unhappy ending- but I'm so glad you didn't force me to. Beautiful.
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Reader101w already used the "deux ex machina" phrase-but hey-it's canon-McCorckle, Schooley, & Loter handed it to us on a silver platter-may as well use it.

What you did was weave a very gut-wrenching heart-twisting narrative. The "we gave birth to a monster" remark caps it. The laughter after all the ordeal to provide the release. (Flashing the 'thumbs up')
Kpfan72491 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Great Story. I loved it :D
Reader101w chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Great story, very powerful.

Glad you kept Ron alive, even though you had to pull out a massive deux ex machina (but it was worth it).

keep up the good writing,

reader101w
soulman3 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Nice ending.

For a moment even I thought Ron I remembered the blue glow.

Not sure, but I don't think telling a woman after giving birth a few hours ago is good idea that their husband has been 's tough, but post-depressing is emotionaly strong!
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Beautifully done. Great dialog and true to the characters. It's great when the ending feels so right when you didn't see it coming.
Bookworm080797 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Best story ever!
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
This reminded me of Robert Frosts poem, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" '...for I have promices to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.' Ron indeed does have promices to keep both to his wife and little girl.

Ron was right, someone up there does like him.

This was very well done with plenty of drama ans suspence to go around.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Such the angsty drama here... LOL!

From the tense moments when Ron was given away by a pesky cellphone text function, to the range of 'knowing' misunderstandings of Ron's status and natal action at Kim's birthing, through the horror of the results of the mission, it was dramatic all the way through.

Ron was right, someone up there really likes him. And I feel he's not going to disappoint.

CB73
Midgarosormr chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Nice one! I feel there needs to be a second chapter or an 'epilogue' though showing the secondary characters (Anne, Zita, Monique, Betty, Will, etc) reactions to having Ron 'miraculously' return from the dead.

If you do write such a second chapter, maybe make some of their reactions a little humourous, like Betty falling out of her chair as Ron casually walks by, or Will's stopwatch shocking himself by accident when he drops it, trying to stun the currently unknown 'person close to his presence?'

~

Mike.
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Aw, come on.

This great works screams sequel

LFTM

Ja ne

JIm
Katsumara chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Gah! You and your angsty tales! I admit you had me going all throughout the story thinking "There's no way Ron survived this and this" and that this would be a tale where a life is brought into this earth while one is taken away. Thankfully, that wasn't the case! Thank goodness, loveandwar, or I would've been angry. Rawr?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your happier plot bunnies. Also, I loved who you included in this little one-shot. Bringing in Zita was nice, mentioning Felix. People seem to forget about those two sometimes. D:

I loved the ending about Kim and Ron admitting that they gave birth to a monster, Haha. Kim Ron? Cooking, monkey powers, AND retail shopping? Oh lord.