Reviews for Freedom Is Never Free
Number Girl chapter 1 . 3/16
Don't we know it.
Over and over again we are reminded that freedom is not just a word, an idea, a feeling in the wind, the difference between an order and a choice. Freedom is all those things, tis true, but it is another.
Freedom is blood. Freedom is bought by the blood of the dead, and we will always pay that price because it is worth every crimson drop.
The tree of Liberty must every so often be watered with the blood of the brave folk that would die to preserve her for others.
PSW chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
This was really nice. I think it's one of the few fics I've read w Eldarion out of childhood - and it felt like a very real moment for them. Thanks for writing.
Fireblade's song chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Well, here you managed the tears you didn't get in "A Song That Was". It's a real talent you have, being able to not only write such great fics, but to have the confidence to publish them where others can read them.

I'm not quite sure why this one hit me so hard, except maybe because of the war we're in. I've not lost anyone like this, but it still strikes home. You always seem to know just how to hit the right note with your fics.

Larner chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Good to read this again. The lesson is ever taught and reinforced, I fear. Well done.
Scratchy Wilson chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Beautiful. A small, but great look at some of Aragorn's thoughts.

"To listen to the screams of denial, to have fists beat against my chest and watch tears fall down a face that reminded me too much of my own mother."

Understated, and yet it conveys exactly the type of grief that is the loss of a family member. I think that my favorite thing about this piece is that between "a quipped phrase" and "The fight to restore freedom is over, but we will still have to fight to keep that freedom," you've made me believe in a phrase that treated any differently would sound hokey.

LisaG16 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Excellent short...heartbreaking and poignant.
omishiloh chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
This was incredibly moving, and well-written. The father-son relationship made me tear up, never having been that close with my own father.

KyMahalei chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to tell you what an exquisite piece of writing this is. You've done a masterful job of tackling what was, I think, a very tough challenge. Kudos, NiRi. You really deserved first place for this one!
Gwenneth Tinuiel chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Reviewed. :P

Mommie, I do enjoy the fics. I can't always keep up with you... not that I'm complaining. Like it when an author posts too much. But you must understand that life is bad and I can't always read as quickly as I want to. Spring break maybe? *shrug*

But good idea for a fic. And I always love Aragorn with Eldarion. :)

black4minister chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
That was beautiful, and a very well thought out piece. I love how you showed Aragorn's feelings, and the different times he had seen death. It was perfect!

Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Very moving...

Sarah x
Anearin chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
A sad but true look at freedom. I liked it.

Macheil chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Freedom is never words have ever been more true. Thank you for this story.