Reviews for The Courting Dance
Kateri3740 chapter 8 . 12/23/2014
Please update soon!
Alexandra chapter 8 . 6/20/2014
Quite good. A very few factual errors, but for the most part, good.
purpleann chapter 8 . 2/12/2014
Delightful story! I love Cor and Aravis together, and I love that you are tackling the politics of their international romance. I enjoyed the history lessons and the stories of piracy, and as a holder of an international affairs degree, I know centuries-long grudges are a serious thing that can't be simply ignored in the face of present day relations. The premise of your story is so very painfully true. Fantastic job so far! The only things I don't like are the lack of updates and the lack of alone time for Cor & Aravis (that we get to see, rather than just hinted at). Believe me, I understand what it's like to have a long term WIP and how life gets in the way of fan-ficcing! And I understand if you don't want your story to include explicit (or even vague) descriptions of marital intimacy. But, you asked what parts didn't work for me and I told you. :)

Great job and I can't wait for more! Subscribing now.
Heliopause chapter 8 . 2/6/2014
I missed this chapter when you posted it! I have no idea how, though October/November's a bit of a blur in retrospect. Anyway, I've caught it today. The "things that worked" - as before, the horsiness of the Horses! Hwin's increasing sureness in diplomacy - I loved her soundless laugh! Anaprisma - she's fascinating, and I hope there's lots more of her; I loved her tail on Hwin's shoulders, and bet she knew perfectly well exactly where it was and what effect it would have. I like that Cor and Aravis are so ardent and triumphant in their love-making, and that they work through to the resolute heading to Cair Paravel. Oh, and great to see the watch-tower! I really enjoy the fullness of your world-building. :)
Laverock chapter 2 . 12/14/2013
I loved referring to the Tisroc with "may he die of indigestion" instead of "may he live forever."
LuMezenga chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
I knew it! I knew they had done it before! Naughty pair, I say!
Just a thought, how did they not get sore? They're well enough to ride horses without as much as a wince the next morning?
I believe they're well experienced!
LuMezenga chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
They married... Only I found it odd to have them marry in the name of gods that weren't Aslan, since they were converted...
LuMezenga chapter 6 . 3/24/2013
Besides, if Cor was going to get anywhere mating with Aravis, it would be best not to have him sore and rubbed raw in delicate places when they reached Narnia. - BWAHAHAH! That was so Bree!
Wait. So what's the meaning of this? They've been having sex for two months?
So is dried fruit, which has the added benefit of not making your breath taste sour when I kiss you. - I want a scene where they kiss! It hasn't happened yet!
And I'm loving the way they're arguing like a married couple already!
TO NARNIA AND THE NORTH!
LuMezenga chapter 5 . 3/24/2013
Woohoo! Eloping sounds exciting!
And the reason is so complex! Took me a while to get it...
LuMezenga chapter 4 . 3/24/2013
UGH! I want. To know.
Really the curiosity is killing me!
And Cor's determination to marry her is the cutest thing!
LuMezenga chapter 3 . 3/24/2013
I want to know! Out with it, Lune!
By the way, great speech Aravis. So like her. And they love each other! What could be more difficult than admitting that?
LuMezenga chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
Wait. They're mating like literally...?
How inappropriate!
Still, it is pretty realistic :D the plot I mean.
Rose chapter 8 . 1/1/2013
Yay, you updated! Great chapter! I love the way you wrote about Aravis and Cor's relationship from the point of view of the horses! And your characterization of Aravis is wonderful! Please please update soon!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/19/2012
like it
Starbrow chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Oh my gosh, I know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN about trying to make Lune speak like Lune and still say what you want him to say. It's TOUGH. You did a great job here. I loved his gentleness with Hwin, and taking her to his secret retreat. A very sweet scene...and the worldbuilding begins! :D