Reviews for Nobody Cared
HuntingFantasyThroughFiction chapter 2 . 7/26/2015
From what I have read so far - this is incredible. You are officially the person who made me cry while reading the quickest. I am on chapter two and I was crying over the part in Fang's POV. It was original and so well written.
Cynder2013 chapter 20 . 7/25/2015
Tonks is going to be a very good teacher.
strollinstranger chapter 28 . 7/25/2015
I quite enjoyed this story with all its fluff and cuddles. Will read the sequel. The only minor issue i have are some typos and inconsistencies or repetitions. Such as when Harry awakes Christmas morning so early that the sun comes out. I'm not sure when the sun rises in Scotland at the darkest day of the year but I would have firmly placed it past 8am while Harry seems to awake much earlier.

Also the story of Snape having a crush on Narcissa Malfoy is once described to develop during their school days and once during their dancing lessons with the Lady in question in one version being ignorant while in the other having noticed and politely told him to back off. The story of little Snape meeting 7th year Malfoy in the library to strike an uneasy bond is told at a nice length once and repeated later with more than just a reminder.

I would have loved for Flitwick to take an interest in Hermione first and defend her against the Gryffindor House politics. Ravenclaw seems a MUCH better fit for her and the way you set up the Malfoys they would have sponsored and later adopted her anyway.

I felt it a bit weird how Snape and Malfoy are the only ones actively looking out for children. Sprout might have taken an interest. McGonagall possibly too once Snape informs her of Dumbledores Voice Magic and Eye Imperius thing. Also this Voice Magic thing might be something they could have made public as well as the Headmaster legilimencing Children and lacing his lemon pops. I get why you didn't want to go that route but it feels constricted.

First I was sad for what you did with the Dursleys. To me neglect is much more insidious than abuse because if you tell people you were raped or beaten or lived in a cupboard they are either ignorant and (IHMO criminal) downplayers or ignorers or you get sympathy. To deny someones pain as their truth is something I consider a very vile deed, hence Dumbledore getting what he deserves. I only wish he'd have known that his precious little chosen one did absolutely nothing to defeat the Fiend and he was utterly wrong.
Then Hermiones story came along, I wish we'd have seen more of her fears and issues, given that "My mother made me take lessons in manners and dancing." will never be met with the shock and indignation on behalf of the spited party as abuse survivors might meet in good people. There is so much confusion and gaslighting going on, often even by the most ardent fighters of abuse it's vomit inducing. I'd like to see more attention on that subject. Still I will probably never be satisfied and you did a very nice job explaining how that was evil already. I can always wish the next story doesn't entail a kidnapping subplot to show the vileness of their character, the letter to Hermione by the Grangers did that quite well. So self absorbed and entiteled. Very well done.

I loved all the interpersonal contemplations you weaved in here, certainly a story to my liking even if I just gave a lot of criticism. I laughed out loud at many points which is a feat to your name given i struggle with severe depression. One chuckle at the end about Harry only wondering if Pomphrey can swim, the bigger implication flying right above his head. Lovely.
Cynder2013 chapter 17 . 7/25/2015
It was a finger. A finger, not a whole hand.
Cynder2013 chapter 16 . 7/24/2015
That's an interesting, and useful, talent to give the twins. I promise I won't use it, not matter how much I want to (they're already going to be way overpowered compared to canon in my story anyway).
Cynder2013 chapter 14 . 7/24/2015
Is Voldemort possessing Neville?
ErikArden chapter 2 . 7/18/2015
I understand that your writing the characters OoC here, but this Draco seems a bit...to childlike almost. And Lucius as well seems a bit too nice. Like the story, so I'm gonna keep going, but they just seem a bit odd to me.

~ErikArden
Sailor Pandabear chapter 29 . 7/18/2015
nice
Guest chapter 27 . 7/15/2015
Serves that old bastard right! Yes! I have never felt a character so deserved to be killed off.
Blueberry Babe chapter 27 . 7/14/2015
Great story. Thanks
Avid Reader0907 chapter 2 . 7/12/2015
I just have to say that I loved Fang's input. I am enjoying this story, but I had to comment about Fang!
MissNikita chapter 2 . 7/10/2015
Fangs thoughts were so cute
Incandescence chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
Oh, wow! A great start to a wonderful idea of a story!
Harriverse chapter 19 . 7/9/2015
You've done an excellent job of making me rethink canon. Remus abandoning the Mauraders, Lilly watching over Severus, Dumbledore being more dark than expected. Very good!
TonysSilverFox chapter 29 . 7/9/2015
I found this story a little while ago, fortunately after it was completed, and I had to tell you how much I enjoyed your story. I loved your creative re-imagining of Harry's story and how you were able to sort everything into a very plausible alternative reality. I'm a big fan of stories that look at a well known narrative from a different perspective and posit, what if it happened this way? Your characterizations were superb and even as different from canon as they were, they were spot-on. I could absolutely picture them all acting and reacting as you wrote them. Between work and RL it took me about a week to read this story and I savored every minute of it! Your chapters were deliciously long and detailed and I loved it! I wholeheartedly agree with your alternative endings for the characters and I especially liked your ending for Dumbledore. His name was the first one I thought of when Anubis said a life for a life to get Hermione back, that little scene by the way, made me cry - great job. I wanted to compliment you on a wonderfully rich story that I spent many happy hours immersed in - well done! Now I'm off to read King's Island ;-)
2,636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »