Reviews for Purpose
HobbitLover4eva chapter 1 . 7/17/2016
nice insight into Sam and Dean's guilt for the Harvelle's. I got that Dean felt mostly responsible for Jo through the whole thing but I always wondered where Sam's guilt was in all this. They didn't really show it. And Sam is the type of person who might think that they finished what their dad started. Thank you for depicting that very likely scenario.
And even though their deaths were horribly unfair and I would've preferred a different ending for such good female characters (probably more kick ass) I appreciated that mention that the Harvelle's did it for love of the Winchesters. Because that's how I saw it too. There's not too many women allies that died for the Winchesters, with the exception of Charlie. So those two were always special to me.
And YES! some much needed brotherly comfort! This happened, I know it did. Let's just say the cameras weren't rolling ;)
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
they burn the picture?! (was that canon? I forgot)

This is Great !

The way they cuddling, Dean shared his warm body to cold Sam, and comforting him.

They're stronger like that, together with each other !

I love it !
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
how it must've burned, and ate away inside, and just plain ol' HURT - deep grief, from everyone.

Good story K
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I'm so glad that they're always there for each other. This was such a rough moment in the show. Trying to recover from this, ugh.

When Bobby found them there later, none of them said a word, not even when they held a makeshift funeral pyre in the fireplace and watched the last picture of the Harvelle women burn.
Neosatsuma chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I just finished watching Abandon All Hope and jumped straight to this story because I remembered seeing it and wanted to read it. This really got me- "Dad got Bill Harvelle k-killed. Then we c-c-come along an' wipe out the rrrest of—"
Gosh, I hadn't even thought of it like that- hadn't really had time to, but it's so terribly and heart-wrenchingly true. And Jo being a sort of sister (/possible lover) to Dean and Ellen filling a maternal role for Sam; just what I had pictured. You hit the nail on the head. Beautifully written, of course, as always. :)
LadyBeryl chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Made me tear up. Beautiful and so sad. Thank you.
castiello chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This story fits so well with the desperate grief of the episode - particularly the scream inside of Dean that keeps wanting to come out.

Also, this little part:

"She came back for me," he mumbled without meaning to.

Sam's palm flattened against the bottom of his ribs. "They loved us."

"Yeah," Dean conceded, eyes shut tight. "They did."

is sheer brilliance.

I like that you ended on a small note of hope, rather than utter despair. Well done!
Plead the 5th chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
What a beautiful memorial for the Harvelle women. When the episode originally aired, I wished they'd had a scene between arriving at Bobby's and burning the picture. However, I doubt they could have filled in the gap as elegantly as you did.
lionheartilly chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
You did it again, woman! You totally made me cry! lol I bawled like a baby in this episode when Ellen and Jo died. I was rather attached to Ellen, much like Sam had been and I like how you described Sam's connection to Ellen, almost as if she were like a surrogate mother to him. I loved that. Anyway, thank you for writing yet again another beautiful piece about our amazing boys.
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Do you know that Croatian guy that miraculously escaped a car into flames, a train crash, a plane accident, two car crashes and more odd accidents like these? People can't decide either he's the luckiest man in the world, or the unluckiest one. Dean and Sam are in the same situation. They've survived the impossible, but the price is watching people die. Personally, I think they're lucky. They have each other and they have friends; life is tough, but that's the way it is. They know that, but I'd be surprised if they don't have moments to mourn and to feel fragile and broken. We are very lucky to have you, so we can read and know all the things we'd like to see but don't. I love that Dean is there to comfort Sam and Sam is there to keep Dean strong "even when nothing else makes sense".

I love your style writing. Thanks!
Phx chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Aw - Love me some coldSam. And putting it right here at the end of that heartbreaking epiosde and after Sam had taken care of everyone else was perfect. I loved it. I especially loved how taking care of Sam centers Dean - I think it is a very true reflection of their relationship. Sam centers Dean; Dean strengthens Sam - at least for me :)

Nice tag.
Crimson Ivy chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I know that I already said that, a few times I think, but I love your missing scenes and tags... ;D

And after that story I have realised that I have some kind of a soft spot for Sam in stupor-like state. ;) Wednesday's Child is one of my favourite stories - now I know the reason! (Well, ONE of the reasons - that story is awesome on so many levels...) ;)

There is something really sweet for me in a way Dean helps Sam, whenever Sam is overloaded with emotions or thoughts... I just love it! You describe it so nice!

So, thank you for this great story! :)
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Finally starting to catch up on some reading, and your fic should always be top of the list! I loved this, the emotions and the despair really shine through. I was interested by your take on Sam seeing Ellen as a substitute mother - I don't think I'd ever thought of that or seen it in the way Sam related to her. And I'm very conflicted about Dean's feelings towards Jo. Ignoring Dean hitting on her which didn't make sense in the context, I saw the kiss more as him acknowledging her as a friend - an adult, an equal, not the inexperienced kid he'd seen her as before. I don't think it was because he had romantic feelings for her. That's something I've been meaning to ask our group to see what they all think!

Anyway, great story. I'd forgotten how much I love your fic!
Dimminished chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Amazing.

Thank-you once again for another wonderfully written glimpse of those private moments between the brothers.

I LOVED every word of it. :)
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
This episode made me cry and your tag made me get a little sadder, but by the end, there was a ray of hope. No, they're most definitely not done and I know both boys won't let Jo and Ellen's deaths be in vain. Your tags always make me think a little extra about the episode. About how both boys probably saw Ellen as a mother figure, but Sam more so because he was always trying to find a substitute, seeing as he never knew his mother, and it just hurt more. I also love the fact that they deal by taking care of each other. There's a saying that grief is always slightly eased when one is taking care of another. Thank you for a wonderful and heartfelt tag and that little ray of light at Dean's last line - they do still have each other. I hope that doesn't change.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »