Reviews for Purpose
marinawings chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
You have totally mastered the art of manipulating your readers' emotions. This story completely squeezed my heart and shook it up. My feelings went out to the Winchesters with every word I read. Their angst and sadness and brother-ness were bittersweet-ly beautiful. Excellent!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Finally a chance to catch up on some reading...

Wonderful illustration of the emotional devastation the Winchesters must have felt after Jo and Ellen's deaths.

Given everything they've been through, it's easy to believe they're thisclose to going over the edge. Their bond, as frayed as it was last season, remains their lifeline and you really capture that here; Loved how they were there for each other as each struggled with injury and grief.

Lovely insight from Dean on Sam's bond with Ellen. This also plays beautifully with the look on Sam's face when he first meets his mom in The Song Remains the Same.

Cheers, Sculls
ROBINV chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Great story! Perfect fill-in, too. These poor young men. Too much death of beloved people. Not enough hope or comfort from the fairer sex. Just too damn sad!

Love, Robin
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Dear K:

You wrote:: The Harvelles' death hurt, but nothing had ever compared to the black hole of Sam dying in his arms. And now he was gone and there was no note, no sign, no…

I love that ... black hole bit! It's exactly what Dean would feel, and Sam is still and will always be the most important person to him.

You wrote: Dad got Bill Harvelle k-killed. Then we c-c-come along an’ wipe out the rest of—” “Don’t say it,” Dean warned. “Don’t you finish that.”

Sam fell silent.

You are brilliant you do know that, right? Sam's pain and wandering around in the cold so confused and thinking that...Just brilliant!

As always, you draw me into your world, and what a fabulous world it is to visit.

Thank you for letting us in!

authoressnebula chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
This episode completely destroyed me and your coda, as always, made my heart not hurt so much. This was absolutely beautiful, and exactly what I wanted to read. You have a beautiful talent sweetie. *hugs*

And I promised myself that I'd wait until spring break to catch up with everyone but I couldn't resist coming to look at your page. I have no will power. :P

wopatwoman chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I've had a concussion,and you described it to a T..

I accepted Ellen and Jo's death, but the burning of the picture really bothered me..
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
AW That was good. Sad but good. It's kind of funny cause I couldn't stand Jo and yet I cried like a baby when Jo and Ellen died. I always adored Ellen! What a pistol she was. I loved the fact that both women went down as heros. Not some whimpering little victims but kickass heros. That was awesome! Great job though!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Just a quick email to let you know that we're not this far into the season in the UK yet - but as soon as we are I'll give this a read and review. Didn't want you to think that I'd passed this by, it's just bookmarked for later!

Take care, Abbi
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Thanks for the wonderful missing scene to this episode.

I like your explanation of what Dean and Sam felt over the deaths of Jo and Ellen.

Also it was nice how Sam took care of Dean before he gave into his grief and than it was Dean's turn to take care of his brother.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
You made me cry. Do it again... lol. Another great addition to your works. I want to hold it up to Kripke and say, LOOK! This is how it's done!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
This episode was a real gut check for me and then of course they went into hellatus which they did again this last time with Sam's screams echoing from the panic room and Dean praying for help. Man does SPN know how to dangle us like wriggling worms on a hook. The silent ending of this episode was highly effective but I really enjoyed how you fleshed out the interim time from Carthage to Bobby's house. Your tags always enrich the episode for me. Thanks.
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
awh! i LOVE this! too fabulous per your usual! you really nail the raw, and empty desolation that is ellen and jo's death. lol-mother-hen sam who...oops, walked himself mindless around the house because:

'If Dean’s brain refused to acknowledge the pit inside him, Sam’s had headed straight for it, always so anxious to understand and deal with everything, and couldn’t seem to find its way back out.'

seriously-a truer statement couldn't have been told!

superb per your usual. i worship you as always :-)
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Wow. Really heavy. *sigh* Gonna miss those two...
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I loved this, because it made so much sense. Sam taking care of Dean, having no time for his own feelings until he is done with it. Then he breaks and it is Dean's turn to take care of him. And in turn he finds strength in doing it. There purpose restored. Taking care of one another, no matter what happened or will happen in the future, that's what it's all about. Brothers, who are there for one another that's what this show was always about. You did a wonderful job with the emotions again. Really gripping. Hugs, Vonnie
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I was crying during that episode, and this tag almost had me in tears again. It was all very, very excellently done. I enjyoed it (as sadistic as it sounds).

Great job!