Reviews for Where Reason Fails
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Very realistic, though the Malfoys owe Harry and Co a life debt (or two) as well. Thank you.
seriouslysirius08 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
What a brilliant story. You portrayed Lucius brilliantly and his reactions towards Hermione are so belieavable.

You did an amazing job with this :)
cyberdag chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
A very interesting and well done piece that manages to convey a great deal in few words.

I wholeheartedly agree with Vera Rozalsky's review - so much so, that I'll leave it at this, as I would only be repeating a previous, very well thought out and, in my mind, excellent review befitting an equally excellent piece.

Very well done, and thanks for sharing this with us
BittersweetWhispers1 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I enjoyed this piece. I normally like my Lucius suave and manipulating, but I think this was an entirely believable fits-well-into-canon piece. His bitterness and anger at the position he's now in comes through clearly. I also liked Hermione's questioning of justice that the Malfoys are being given an out. Well done.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Very interesting... I'm glad that you chose Hermione to have this conversation. This was a difficult event written very well.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I like this piece _tremendously_ because it brings up all sorts of disturbing questions about justice and retribution, and does so in a remarkably small space.

Lucius is annoying and pitiable and terrifying by turns. The overheated room (and the hints about lingering damage from his stint in Azkaban) in a wonderful choice, and then there's the dialogue, and Hermione's internal struggle.

The thing that's really amazing about this is that you cut him no slack at all but you leave him human: no hint here that he's attractive, or glamorous; he's a political actor with a remarkably ugly track record, talking to someone he considers a racial inferior and whom he casually tried to wipe off the face of the earth. (Interesting too that Hermione fixes on the implied damage to Ginny, not what that diary meant for her personally.)

My own notion of appropriate sentencing for the likes of Lucius Malfoy: a life sentence of community service, to make amends for all the damage he's done, and to _see_ that damage close up. And 'making amends' includes the financial as well...

... and that's the sentence I would apply to my country's own war criminals as well, had I the power.