Reviews for Twenty Five Lives: The Winter 2010 Twilight 25
Ivygirl702 chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
You nailed it. I can't imagine Sam has it any easier than Leah does.

Great job!
ahizelm chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
You know I really enjoyed this, even if the Leah lover in me is crying a little.

I think you easily depicted Sam's sense of duty and his oddly defunct conflict - it's gone, but not really - in just 100 words.

Told you you could do it. ;)
theladyingrey42 chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
Is it bad that I never thought all that much about how hard it must have been for Sam in that situation? I always empathized so much with Leah and her scorned woman acct that it seriously never occurred to me.

Thanks for finding this little nugget of his character to explore. I like the description of Leah in particular - grey haunches and pain.
greeneyedgirly chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Awe...this made me sad for him. He seems really detached from all of it and only feeds to survive. It was really good though!

You have no freaking clue how happy I am that you made a comment about JOotG. I'm so excited for the next chapter. I've missed this story so much! Seriously, I was just on the blog last night and asked if we'd get anything soon. You've seriously just made my day like 100x's better!
HyperPixiexoxo chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
aww, i liked the first one!
Ivygirl702 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Hooray! I squee'd so fucking loud when I saw your name in my email. Too bad I was in the dealership sales department and I was the only person in there except the workers. No hiding that it was me.

I'm thrilled that you're writing. Sure, I've missed JOotG, but I can't wait to see what you come up with under these restrictions.

Great start, my darling!
theladyingrey42 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Ha! As a fellow wordy bitch I understand the difficulty posed by drabbles. I adore Marcus and loved this little snapshot of him. Particularly the use of the word sanguine. Good word.
Edlovesme chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I know its creepy but I liked Marcus. When you know his back story, its sad. And thanks for letting us know about Just one of the guys.
ahizelm chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I find it so interesting that even while he uses a familiar label - brothers, and then Aro's first name - Marcus still seems detached, as though he is physically present but his mind is elsewhere. And honestly, I feel that that is spot on. Canon Marcus never really seemed available beyond a certain point, and given the way that his wife was taken from him, it makes perfect sense that he'd be closed off. I like your interpretation. It fills in so much more than SM ever did.

I also like this last line - it is a rather unpleasant way to describe his situation, and also speaks volumes about his psyche. He wants to be elsewhere, no question.

Fantastic start, lovely.
mujisan chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
A challenge indeed for you! I would say the first attempt is a flying success. This drabble is chilling and sad at the same time. Well done!
naelany chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
yay! So looking forward to reading the rest *hugs*. You can do it, bb, I have faith ;)
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17