Reviews for The Truth about Beauty
Eavis chapter 2 . 11/8/2010
Wow. Some beast! This is really the most novel retelling I've ever read. And very entertaining. By the by, I love your original story. And an update would be nice...

God be with you,

Eavis
Eavis chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
The rats being heavy on Wagner made me laugh very hard. This is one of my favourite tales as well, and you're doing a delightful job with it. :)
Dark Gotham chapter 2 . 3/25/2010
Haha. Really cool story.
BlueSaber chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
Hahahaha. I actually laughed out loud when the Beast confessed that he ate Button...wasn't expecting that! :) Well done.

I must admit I was confused when Max performed magic, until I remembered that technically, he is still a wizard...I guess the spell wouldn't have any effect on his powers, although then I started thinking (perhaps too hard) about why he can't use his magic to break the spell? Any thoughts?

Otherwise, a delightful chapter, Tolkien references included! Looking forward to the next part!
Backroads chapter 2 . 2/24/2010
Oh, good grief! I don't understand a single thing that happens in your mind as you write this. Yet I find it entirely enjoyable.
Backroads chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This made me happy. What a charming way of creating the beast (by the way, I believe he would be a better tennis player if he would practice it more rather than hunting. Just a suggestion. One that is probably now null and void due to his current beastly nature. Sigh. Such a waste of time! You know, if he had spent more time on the tennis court, he wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place! Well, he might have, but it would have been less likely. Moral of your story: tennis is good.)
LKB chapter 2 . 2/24/2010
Oh, my! The beast ate Button! I don't know how this fits in with Tolkien. Are the ruffians like the trolls in the Hobbit?

Anyway, this sounds funny...not cheesy, like most fanfics. Please, though, don't name the eventual heroine Belle, or Lumiere, or Cogsworth...whatever you do!

Keep it up!
savethemadscientist chapter 2 . 2/24/2010
Whoa, I wasn't expecting that. Good chapter though.
Gewher chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
Okay, can't say I was expecting that!

Eek! The Beast killed Button!
Gewher chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Oh how I do enjoy this! Really quite a fantastic retelling so far!
KrisEleven chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
That was absolutely hilarious! I am enjoying this story more and more and the impeccable way it is written is only adding to my pleasure. I think your characters are deliciously realistic in the most fairy-tale way possible and this chapter's ending had me covering my mouth to contain the laughter. Please continue!

KrisEleven
BlueSaber chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Philippa!

I'm intrigued by this story so far. I only have two things that struck me: 1) The opening with the "It happened the way it happened" sounded a little redundant to me and 2) the rats and Wagner reference flies right over my head...that may be a reflection on me than on you, but those were things that made me go...huh? The prince's reply was so British too, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe...jarring?

That said, I like the tone and voice you've set up here and the fact that boars have fairy godmothers. Who knew? Also, looking forward to seeing how you're going to fit Max in, who, even though he really hasn't said or done anything, sounds quite squirrely.

Looking forward to more! :)
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
This seems really interesting! I can't wait to see where you take this. I really enjoyed your writing style throughout the chapter.

KrisEleven
savethemadscientist chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Ooh, good story, tell me more, please.
Nightarcher210 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Oh, hooray! You're writing another retelling. I loved the last one, and your voice has matured since then-I really can't wait to see where you take this. It seems like it's gonna be good!