Reviews for Why Can't I?
sandymg chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Awww. Sad. But Dean can't have normal. I used to also wish for a happy ending for the boys. I'm resigned now to merely hoping for a touch of hopeful. I think the actors have both stated wanting to go out in a blaze of glory. Such guys :)
Char and Brie chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Why can't I have that?

What a sad question - and one I can totally hear Dean asking :(

Char
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
this is so sad :(
SeaKat chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
wow...I think this is by far one of my favorites. The simple emotion, the need for the impossible, the feeling of utter dispair upon the realization that though he is worthy, he cannot have what it is that he truly desires...*sniff, sniff* Poetry. I love this.
asyouwishxladyswan chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Oh, Dean, you just continually break my heart :(

I really wish he could have that, too - he deserves it so much; and so does Sam. They both do, after everything they've gone through :(

~Megan
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Interesting way to present Dean's wish for normal. You made me feel his longing.
Kinlor chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I love your writing style and I love the idea of this fic.

Despite all my I ranting about how much Dean annoys me, I think he is the one I always feel the sorriest for. Every time Dean breaks a little, I get all weepy inside- don't tell anyone, I have to keep up my appearance as the resident anti-Dean Sam-girl here. But I digress.

Yes I love the idea. I've always loved the idea of Dean being a father. I think he would be a great father despite everything he's been through, or maybe because of everything he's been through. And little ficlets like this always make me feel so sorry for him and yearn to see something like it.

Thank you for sharing.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Oh, that was so VERY sad!

There's so many women that would LOVE to make that dream come true!

Great job, m'dear!
suz mc chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
You seriously know how much I love that Kripke was dropping those family longing hints from Dean! This was beautiful and such a warm image, like a dream would be.

Very pretty stuff, sugar.