Reviews for Too Far from Home
tulsa chapter 26 . 5/14/2020
hopping for you to be fine, safe and sane
Guest chapter 26 . 5/13/2020
this story is so refreshing and true to the tone of the original series – its truly a gem and we're lucky to read
TonyStark101 chapter 1 . 5/12/2020
Great story!
TheFandomLover chapter 26 . 5/11/2020
loving this story so much can't wait for an update
TonyStark101 chapter 26 . 5/10/2020
This is an absolutely amazing story! Thanks so much for this and I hope you update soon :)
Guest chapter 26 . 5/7/2020
This is probably one of the best stories I have read on fanfiction
Guest chapter 26 . 5/7/2020
Hope you are doing alright during the pandemic and hope to see a new update before the summer :)
Wish you the best during this troubled times... stay safe from Coronavirus dear writer!
a pair of ragged claws chapter 26 . 5/8/2020
Wow, I just read straight through this fic over the last three days, and I really enjoyed it, serious angst and all! Poor Harry, and poor Sirius. You are doing a great job of exploring the various family dynamics and the struggles of people who aren’t used to being emotionally open and supportive. Thank goodness for Hermione and Ron! I have gotten pretty tired of bashing fics with Harry’s friends and Dumbledore, so I appreciate your portrayals of those three, which seem remarkably and refreshingly true to the canon characters (if they were put in this plot, of course). The Dumbledore from the other universe seems logical enough too (according to the “30 years of war” explanation others gave for him), and I can even see him doing something like setting up an opportunity to have canon Harry killed, although I do hope he did not actually give the Death Eaters the key to the Potters’ wards for that final battle, because in my opinion that seems to go beyond cold-hearted war strategy to something more twisted.

I also really like your Snapes, especially the canon Snape. I always enjoy an in-character Snape who remains bitchy and rude even as he comes to understand Harry better. In fact, I would really really love to see a segment from his perspective during an Occlumency lesson or perhaps just his perspective in general to hear his reflections on everything that’s going on with Harry’s troubles! I also hope that Remus will be on point enough to speak to Snape about how Harry’s “fits” seem to be getting far worse instead of better.

Speaking of things getting worse with Harry’s visions, this last chapter ends on such a scary cliffhanger! I can’t wait to find out what happens. I hope Harry will be able to fight off the seeming possession, given his ability to throw the Imperius; but then, given his total disorientation after his lapses, I can also definitely see him being unable to understand what’s happening until well after it’s over.

I appreciate the way you are drawing on your own experience with epilepsy (among other conditions) to enhance the story. I myself have had type 1 diabetes since I was 5, so I understand better than most people what it’s like to have your body turn against you and to fall into states of total disorientation and occasionally unconsciousness. Harry’s confusion and despair are very realistic, which is cathartic to read about. I am glad that Remus told Sirius to quit telling Harry to not talk about his suicidal or self-harm feelings, but I am also glad to know that Sirius has a legitimate backstory reason with something to do with James attempting suicide?

I can’t wait to find out what happens when the dimension travelers arrive! However, I saw from your most recent authors note that you were working in the field of emergency medical help as of January 2020, and while that is amazing, I am also worried for you due to COVID-19. I hope you are holding up all right. It is a scary time for everyone, but i know it must be far more stressful and terrifying to work in medicine right now. Hang in there! Thanks for writing, and I hope you won’t let the trollers and mean commenters get you down! I am getting my PhD in literature right now and I really love your story, so maybe my opinion (and the many other positive reviews) will help balance out those bullies. I know it may be awhile before you’re able to update due to the pandemic, but I selfishly hope that you will get an urge to write fanfic as an escape from reality! If not, take care!
Kiki1770 chapter 18 . 5/6/2020
Damn, I sincerely hope you dont redeem Willlow. I don't want to see her and canon Harry repair their relationship. What she did is really unforgivable and I don't need canon Harry to be the bigger man and forgive her. He has people in his life that genuinely love him. Willow doesn't need to be one of them.
Kiki1770 chapter 12 . 5/6/2020
It's hard to read about Canon Harry not being in the driver's seat for this plot, but I am enjoying read about James, Sirius, and Remus and all the other character interactions. I hope canon Harry will have some more time to shine later in the story. Also, you are really doing an excellent job balancing all these characters!
Kiki1770 chapter 6 . 5/6/2020
Thank you Remus for giving Harry this brief normalcy and a chance to talk without everyone snapping at him. Poor kid has been through so much heartbreak...
Guest chapter 26 . 4/28/2020
Please update your story is amazing!
ImpressedReader chapter 26 . 4/28/2020
Holy shit what an incredible piece of writing. I've read this in almost one because I couldn't put this down. I can't even begin to summarize everything about this fic that I want to say. From beginning to ch26 (I need more of this by the way) total brilliance. There other dimension characters were written so fully as their own people with strengths, weaknesses, and quirks. Your perspective jumps were smooth and honestly always showed exactly what the reader wants to hear about next. My heart breaks for canon HP (and poor au hp). I feel like you have a wonderfully terrible plan brewing for all of this and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it to come together.

I also really feel for canon Sirius. It's so devastating to see someone you care about struggle so immensely and be responsible for helping them hold their pain. Sometimes you care so much your just want to shake them and tell them too just be okay as if they could just flip that kind of switch.

I feel honored to have been privy to such a personal piece of writing. You've really done something wonderful here. Even objectively your writing is excellent. So f the haters. Please continue to write. I really would love to see this story through even if it's just to the Toms' deaths.
deafeningtoast chapter 6 . 4/27/2020
damn Sirius is an asshole
antim1santhrope chapter 1 . 4/26/2020
so I just finished Chapter one and though the writing style (very descriptive) took some getting used to, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to see what happens in future chapters. and see if this will develop into a good Fic
1,647 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »