Reviews for Deidara Joins Akatsuki
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 5 . 8/30/2014
Such a sweet ending to a wonderful story. I love that line, "People who like me, and don't think of me as a weapon, but as an a a person." It's great that he's finally got that acceptance and friendship/family that he longed for.

It's sweet that Sasori was able to smile when Deidara admitted just how good the last two years have been for him. I'm glad to see that they have formed a friendship in addition to their partnership.

Fantastic work with this story.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
Wow, they've only known each other for maybe a few hours and they already had their first argument on what is true art. Sasori's thoughts when he sees Deidara's teddy bear sounds in character.

How sweet of Deidara to make such a grand feast for the group. I love their reactions to tasting something so fantastic. Who knew that Deidara was an expert cook? The part where they diss Konan's cooking is pretty funny.

Nice work with having Deidara apologize during dinner. What more he actually somehow made Sasori apologize too. Even with a rocky start, it seems like things will get better for them.

Great job with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 3 . 8/30/2014
This has sure been an interesting and possibly awkward (but hopefully not too terrifying) moment for Deidara meeting the rest of the group.

Konan's reaction when she first saw him is way funny. Judging by what you said about previous experience, Deidara should be used to that kind of reaction. It's cute and funny to imagine Konan hugging him like that. It's a nice contrast to Pein's unimpressed response to his partner's behavior.

I'm not sure if Deidara should be more weirded out by Hidan coming on to him, or Zetsu speaking out loud about wanting to eat him. And then there's Tobi. Tobi, Tobi, Tobi, I wouldn't expect anything less of him. His random conversation probably confused the new member more than anything.

Then there is his new partner. What made Sasori think he would get away with trying to sneak out? It seems like Konan has a handle on everything so far. I am interested in seeing how he will get along with Deidara.

Nice work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 2 . 8/30/2014
This is an amazing chapter. It moves at a nice steady pace, allowing plenty of details to truly bring this story to life.

I like how you wrote the restaurant scene. It was a bold move for Deidara to refuse to go back to his home village. From the way those other ninja talked it sounded like they only viewed Deidara as an unfeeling object instead of a person. Kisame's comment about leaving enough money to pay for the damages is a nice bit of humor. I also laughed at the waitress' comments.

It's nice how you added in the detail of Deidara trying to test Itachi and Kisame by trying to escape, only for them to prove just how competent they are. It seems like something he would do, if only to have a little bit of fun. If anything this journey has allowed them a chance to bond before Deidara becomes an official member. The part where Kisame is trying not to laugh at Deidara's sarcasm is pretty funny, as well as Itachi's annoyance.

You did a great job with writing the introduction of Pein. You made him come across as intimidating, as I would imagine he'd be. The fact that Deidara is hesitant until Pein verbally assures him that he won't be harmed is a good detail. It's also interesting how he goes about luring Deidara into joining his organization by telling him that his hands, and his abilities are a special gift, and offering him a chance to use his art the way he wants to. The offer is so tempting, it's no wonder that it didn't take long for Deidara to agree.

Nice work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Wow, this opening chapter is amazing. You waste no time in getting straight to the action and the plot of the story.

The introduction of Deidara to Kisame is nicely done. I like how you have Deidara not willing to go with him which leads to a good fight scene. It's interesting that Kisame chose not to reveal his reason for kidnapping him when Deidara asked for answers. I found it kind of funny the way Kisame bluntly admits, "I'm kidnapping you."

So far it seems like Kisame and Itachi are being kind to Deidara. Obviously they are still keeping close watch on him, as seen when you describe how one walks in front of him and one behind to avoid any potential escape, but that haven't done anything cruel or anything to make him uncomfortable. Itachi even brought him a few items from home, which I thought was pretty nice of him.

Good work with this first chapter.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Black Lotus13 chapter 5 . 7/25/2013
T-Too many emotions. Cannot function...
ilovemyboys chapter 5 . 6/22/2012
Oh that is wonderful!
xLL-Ax chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
Ahh... This was so cute. I loved it. You've written Deidara really well

Good job D
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 5 . 12/26/2010
Deidara just makes me want to hug him damnit! I loved this. You should write more Akatsuki stories, you really rock at it. Happy holidays to you and I hope to read more of your work soon.
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 4 . 12/26/2010
Win this chapter and story are just pure win! I love it!
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 3 . 12/26/2010
Konan is pure love and aww Sasori thinks Deidara's cute too!
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
Even if Pein may be deceiving him it's nice of him to call Deidara's art a gift.
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This is so cute.
mimirudesu chapter 5 . 10/19/2010
This is such a cute ending. I'm glad Dei's happy.