Reviews for Into the Dark
meelee729697 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Wow... not much else to say.
That was beautifully written & painful.
I loved that while I knew that Bella was killing herself, I couldn't quite understand what happened to the others til I read the news article.
That was cool.
tainted-tash chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Very dark... gave me chills reading this :)
izziey chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
oh you are twisty, in such a good way. kinda reminds of of shutter island; you have to go back and review certain sections, and go, oooohhh, sneaky. quite ingenious of you.
Charmie77 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
okay you know i love you but this was so many shades of WTF?
Rosmarina chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Brilliant twist - you definitely had me thinking I was reading Bella's experience being changed into a vamp during her POV. You're so clever and tricky!

I have to comment on this line here: "He was righteous in my eyes, even still." It's often the righteous indignation that makes people overlook vigilante violence. SM's Edward acknowledges it himself indirectly in Midnight Sun saying "My victims were, in their various dark pastimes, barely more human than I was." Dehumanizing the victims makes it easier to justify the God complex, the one-man judge, jury & executioner. The flip side is that readers have compassion for Edward's struggle against himself. It's what makes Jasper such an appealing character. He and Edward both are, to different degrees, prodigal sons.

I hope you know by now what a huge fan of your writing I am, dear SP. And I love a fic that takes my mind new places. xox
vulnzme chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
This was fascinating! I was so confused once I got to the Reuters News Service bit and then I realized what was going on and WOW! What a creative idea! Absolutely intriguing!
blackagurl chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
wow serious!
cravingtwilight chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
so not what i was expecting, but very cool
cabr chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
It was a really cool twist. For a little while it felt like it was AU cannon and then at the very end I had my suspicions which were confirmed by the newspaper articles. Very, very nice.
amwine chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Wow...I don't know what to say. I thought they were vamps...great job...I didn't see this coming. Thanks.
LyricalKris chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I had to send you the following conversation by which I came to read your fic (Which is ... amazing. Like. Wow)

(4:56:36 PM) dizzygrl28: OMG - this is going to be so good!

(4:56:36 PM) dizzygrl28: /s/5758421/1/

(4:56:59 PM) lyricalkris: Are you linking me vamp fic...

(4:57:03 PM) dizzygrl28: Nope

(4:57:11 PM) dizzygrl28: AH

(4:57:36 PM) dizzygrl28: I thought it was vamp at first till I got to the end and then I was like - holy fuck, this is going to be so good.

(4:57:52 PM) dizzygrl28: Its brand new

(4:57:58 PM) dizzygrl28: And I like her work

(4:58:51 PM) lyricalkris: O.O

(4:58:53 PM) lyricalkris: O.O

(4:58:54 PM) dizzygrl28: Either way, this is going to be good

(4:58:55 PM) lyricalkris: O.O

(4:58:58 PM) dizzygrl28: O.O

(4:58:59 PM) dizzygrl28: O.O

(4:59:01 PM) dizzygrl28: ?

(4:59:07 PM)lyricalkris: Notorious serial killer Edward Cullen, 53, was executed today by lethal injection early this morning in Seattle WA.

(4:59:11 PM) lyricalkris: O.O

(5:01:41 PM) lyricalkris: It's a O/s you know :-p

(5:02:00 PM) dizzygrl28: Are you sure

(5:02:09 PM) lyricalkris: 1) It's marked complete

(5:02:13 PM) dizzygrl28: I got the distinct Impression there would be more

(5:02:17 PM) lyricalkris: 2) to answer a few recurring questions - yes, all human. BPOV is her recounting her own death. this is a one-shot, and it is complete.

(5:02:27 PM) lyricalkris: lol

(5:02:32 PM) dizzygrl28: I didn't read that part

(5:02:36 PM) dizzygrl28: LOLOLOLOL

(5:02:38 PM) dizzygrl28: Well fuck

(5:02:42 PM) lyricalkris: l2read A/n's nub!

Hehe. I am amused.

Anyway. This was bloody fantastic. And yea, Edward is def. not all goodness and light. Thank you.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I loved this little vignette that shines the light on Edward's murders. You're right that his "rebellious period" is too often romanticized, well, except by Edward himself, of course, emo fucker that he was. I caught a little chatter about this story on twitter, so was clued in almost immediately that it was actually AH, but that didn't lessen the impact. It packed a nice concise little punch. Nicely done!
cvds chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Loved it:) Very well written!
SleepingBeauty247 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Um, what the fuck was that...

I am totally baffled...

I don't quite really know what to say after reading this, you called it a story in the alert and in the author's note and said it was "dark" which I love dark Edward & Bella stories; so naturally I was excited to read it, but this was most definitely not a story and I was left quite disappointed...
Amanecer01 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Oh my God ! Liszt you are going to kill me! I know you told that there were dark and angst, but I would have never imagined such a twisty final! You definitely have become the queen of the twist, cheating and magic. Your story is amazing but, yes, pretty angsty. If there is a claim against penalty death I welcome it like that, but surely not as a way of entertainment. Im not pro penalty death, of course, but either pro self justice: it would be like the law of the jungle, eye for eye. And yes, on the books, Edward killed people, but he was a vampire, a predator, and he always was ashamed of it.

Once I clarified that , let me tell you that, again, I take my hat off to your genius, and I am absolutely delighted that 2010 has blessed you with the biggest dream of a writer: an endless inspiration, imagination and determination to write them all.

Besos. MarĂ­a