Reviews for Feathers in the Wind
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Okay. Mark the Drabble-Avoider likes this one. It communicates both the context of the scene and the emotions experienced by the characters with extreme concision and clarity.

Good job. The argument flashbacks in particular really hit home.
Xirysa chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
D:

First of all, the pegasus sisters. Mucho love. And you know how I feel about them, because of me and my sisters.

AND THIS ALWAYS GETS UPDATED AFTER I HAVE A HUGE ARGUMENT WITH THEM. Always. (How do you do it? Are you psychic or something?)

But I digress. They really did have a terrible childhood, didn't they? Fending for themselves in the Ilian winter and everything. Just... Yeah.

:C Now I want to continue writing more depressing things. Thanks a lot.

Just kidding.

[Xirysa]
quintilis chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Hmmm, this makes me really thoughtful. Farina always did seem brash, and I can completely imagine her flying off the handle and blaming Fiora for everything. (I never did like Farina anyway.)
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Hello againI saw this up and thought I'd review it It's super-short, but since it's a drabble thats okee. It's very well written, and I suppose a poignant description of life in Ilia. Nice work
Trevor X chapter 4 . 4/23/2010
LOL - but for some of us, your head-canon sometimes becomes OUR canon. You just write that convincingly!

Tough living in Ilia is game canon however, so what you write does carry a ring of truth to it. Probably why things feel - I don't know - right?

Funny thing is, I don't particularly care for Farina as a character, but you've put her in a setting that makes her more easily understood and sympathized with. Bravo.
Trevor X chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
Florina the dreamer. Guess that must be an obvious character trait or something. Oh great... now I have to go back and review the Fiora chapter. Silly me, getting ahead of my chapter reviews.

Yes, I'm slogging my way through reading and reviewing. (slog refers to my internet speed - slow - not the story!)
Trevor X chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Farina thinking about something other than money. That's a first. -

[Heavy pine door... she managed to close it alone.] Well she is from a family of determined girls.

[She refused to lose to something she couldn't see.] Again, show of determination.

[A million spirits died when the wind kicked up in Ilia. She saw it in the gaunt cheekbones and the thin frames of her neighbors. Even her sisters could not escape it.] Poignant lines.

I like how she figures that no one will miss her. Realistically, she probably panics them. -
Ray Johnson chapter 3 . 4/13/2010
That was a kind, touching story. Good job.
Xirysa chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
So this was extremely sad and bittersweet.

Like Florina mistaking a Pegasus for a butterfly.

And the part with Farina never seeing a butterfly, either.

And old, yellowed, ink-smeared pages.

And then this bit here:

["I know fairytales aren't real," she said, and hugged her sister as tightly as she could before she finished her thought with, "but it would be nice to find something like true love."

Fiora only smiled.]

OH AND BLANKIE. Asdgakdhlahgfhfg.

[Xirysa]
Pen and Paper71 chapter 2 . 3/15/2010
These drabbles are really sweet. I feel as though you really portray Farina and Fiora well in their respective chapters. It's nice to see something based around their family. I've always felt as though their dynamic was always a bit overlooked in fandom, so I'm happy to see it being covered, particularly since it's being done by a writer as talented as you.
Sara Jaye chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
How does this not have any reviews yet? _ Seriously, I love both chapters so far but this is probably my favorite. Poor Fiora, really, saddled with being mother to her sisters at such a young age.