Reviews for On Being A Sith Lord
Crisium chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This was absolutely the wrong story to read in a silent house where everyone else was sleeping, because I could not for the life of me stop laughing aloud but the story was so entertaining I couldn't make myself put it aside for later. I would copy and paste my favorite parts but I'd just end up copying the entire thing. This story is a delight from start to finish. Thank you for writing it.
highwayunicorns chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
*Slow claps*. This was both hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. You wrote it really, really well. It took me a little bit to work out that Revan and Sabine had become one again, and what she'd realised/remembered, but when I did it was one of those 'oh god' moments, haha ;) I'm really sad now, so thank you for writing this so flawlessly to make me feel this way!
Akseel chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD.
I just stumbled on this story through tvtropes and... well, I'm barely a few paragraphs into the story and already laughing my head off. So much so that I'm jotting down comments as I go because I feel this is going to deserve a smashing review.

"The Force could go hang. She would kill him with fist and lightsaber and teeth and toenails if that was all she had left."

...That created a somewhat disturbing mental image of Revan killing Malak with her toenails. I'm still trying to decide if it's anatomically feasible.

I really want to quote *everything* to tell you how much it made me laugh, but that would take forever, so... let's just say I loved every single witty repartee.

"She took an opening that no one in their right mind would take"

Screw what I just said. This is awesome. I love a degree of insanity in a character (makes them unpredictable and fun as hell). And your brand of humour scores a perfect hit with me.

Before I forget, the thing with Carth and fantasizing was SO funny.

Oh god. You gotta love a Dark Lord of the Sith going berserk.

"Good ol' Canderous. He won't care if I'm Darth Revan. Heck, he'll be ecstatic. Probably call all his little Mandalorian friends to brag…"

I can just picture it, you know. Canderous over the 'com calling his friends. "Hey guys, you'll never guess who I'm travelling with. Yep, that's right. Revan the Dark Lord of the Sith, whole planets fall in her wake... Yeah, I'm so lucky. Wanna come over for a mass execution or two ?"

"Sabine was intrigued to see that the inside of both Mandalorian and Twi'lek nostrils were nearly identical."

...I'm sorry but I have absolutely no comment to make to that one. Except maybe "fucking hilarious".

"There had been "What's A Star Forge, and Why We Care." There had been "Kashyyyk Culture and You."

...I'm running out of synonyms to say just how hard I'm laughing right now.

"Canderous, as she'd predicted, thought the whole thing was just unbearably cool. Mandalorians didn't use words like "cool" but she got the gist. There was something disturbing about the enthusiasm with which he was cleaning his guns, as if he was hoping to be given the order to execute everyone in the room in the next few minutes."

And I knew there was a reason why I always liked Canderous so much.

""I don't…feel…evil. I mean, I have no desire to suddenly kill you all or anything."

"Disappointed Statemen—"

"Quiet, you."

That one is just too funny for words. I'm beginning to like HK too. I always found him mildly irritating, but this is priceless.

"The weather system over Planet Onasi was looking distinctly stormy."

Dammit, I'm back to quoting every single line, but... I can't help it if it's just that funny !

"He grunted an acknowledgement, yanked open some drawers in the med bay, found a tube of something anti-fungal, and left again."

I don't want to know.

"... some bizarre Mandalorian version of athlete's foot from the shower"

I SAID, I don't want to know !

"I was evil, you know, not cruel."

This is... unexpectedly profound.

"This would be a much easier argument in Rodian. Now there's a species who understands its pronouns."

As someone who speaks several languages, I find this, appropriately enough, too funny for words.

"I promise not to stage a coup of the motor functions unless you're about to do something profoundly stupid."

Heaven ! Stop making me quote every other line ! There won't be enough space in the review box to fit everything !

"[After a comment about wooing Mandalorians on a pile of dead game] The mental image was brief and searing and required no help at all from the back of her head. No! I—no! That's disgusting!"

I don't know why but I find that one hilarious as well. And, well, I'm probably more insane than Revan, but I can't help but find it a little romantic as well. Although the dead bodies probably stink.

"She stabbed at her oatmeal again. It glorped."

Forgive me for asking, but English is not my first language. Is that an actual word ?

"Oh—shit—don't cry, beautiful, it's not—shit—"

This is so unbearably sweet that I'm having trouble reading on.

Okay, I'm done reading, and I don't have much left to say. I really love the humour in this story. Light, subtle, snarky... I was hooked the moment I started reading. This has to be one of the best Kotor story I have read in a while, if not ever.
Kel chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Awsome 'talking to ones self' - ness!...if that makes any sence.
Randalish chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I never wanted to read KOTOR fanfic. I wasn't that impressed with the game and star-wars is only of marginal interest to me. The big twist in the original game was fun the first time around, but other than that it felt vaguely lacklustre. it was actually the sequel made Revan out to be a more interesting character and made me wonder about his/her motivations, but then that game had its own problems and I didn't care to look deeper into the fandom either.

But this. This is brilliant. I'm in love with your concept and execution both. Your take on "Darth Revan" is hilarious and thought-provoking, and the perfect antidote to those barely-two-dimensional "slimy little deviants on Korriban," i.e. the kind of character that always annoyed the crap out of me. She makes the concept of sith make sense, almost. Plus she's just so likeable. But by herself she wouldn't be nearly as much fun as she is in the back of Sabine's head.

Others have noted that this story is as creepy as it is funny, which greatly helps the lasting appeal. It makes me feel sad for Sabine, a girl who barely existed in the first place and didn't have that much depth to her anyway, a character I didn't even get to know before the moment she started fading. By the end I can just about feel her exhaustion, sense her surrender. I don't blame her, or your Revan.

So. This story. Come for the witty one-liners, stay for the psychological horror and examination of the nature of evil. If only star-wars villains embraced even a little of your Revan's sensibilities, I might actually become a fan.
EveyDawn chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
"Carth wrapped his arms around her and leaned his cheek against her hair, saying all the meaningless things that decent men say when women cling to them, few of which are rational or true and none of which are half so important as the tone they're said in."

Favorite line. :)
MK chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Hands-down, one of the best stories I've read on amd not just for KOTOR.

The characters are perfect, it's actually entertaining (if I had a nickle for every fic sporting the level of angst I thought I left behind after high school). I just can't say enough good things about this fic. Wish you'd make a second chapter or sequel.
Azhwi chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Oh well done! Smooth, beautiful, deep, and oh so enjoyable. Loved it!
AngelofSnow chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This is a great story. You created such a beautiful voice for Darth Revan. I was laughing out loud at so many things she said. I just adore how Revan is smart, terrifyingly sane and hedonistic. And lord all the lust over drunken Mandalorians is hilarious.

I really enjoyed this story.

Thank you.
Norwest chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Holy s***, I've just finished a marathon read of all your fics here. My roommate has given up trying to stop me from laughing as I read, and I've got the world's silliest grin pasted on my face right now. PLEASE, keep writing! I might die from laughing if I read another of your stories, but it'd be the awesome-ist death evar!
JediJaz chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Hah! I found you. No worries, I won't tell. :) This was brilliant and hilarious and creepy, all at once. I've been in a weird KotOR mood lately, and GOOD fan fiction can be hard to find. But to find one of YOUR KotOR stories was like thinking all the best candy in the world were gone, and finding out that suddenly there was more. So thanks for the laughs. I finished this rather giddily last night, and though I wish for more, all the best authors have to move on. Though, you've got enough talent to make a technical manual awesomely fun to read, so... I'll read anything else you do. :)
yuuka-hanamaya chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I laughed so hard. XD

There just isn't enough time or words to describe the hilarity I experienced in reading this. XD

..At 3:37 in the morning.

Whew!

What joy. I would love to see more from you. The humor in this was just too good.
LoneWolf218 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Wow

This was a really well written story. I certainly found parts humorous...

But I also found the story, on the whole, very creepy. You really got the sense that Sabine was, slowly but surely, dying. I know that Revan wasn't totally evil, but still, she scared me.

It goes to show that the most dangerous force isn't the mad, cackling evil, but the calm, reasonable, even friendly evil.
Theano chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This was AMAZING! Thank you for writing this!
Cerobus chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
An awesome read.

There's really not much i can say other than that.
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »