Reviews for On Being A Sith Lord
Netherworld chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
Wow, this was a wicked ride. :P

I laughed myself to tears more times than I can count, and you made the whole story an excellent mix of humor and seriousness. I especially loved the tidbits about Revan's preferences compared to Sabine's. xD

Definitely one of the better Darth Revans I've had the pleasure to read; believable, balanced, just dark enough... A. And the foul humor was the cherry on top. Cheers to you, writer, and I do hope you one day write more of this, for you do not lack in talent.
Fearless Rider chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
The Revan lines are gold. I love how you had Sabine dealing with the revelation. The end, ah, makes me sad about Revan and Revanasi all over again! Poor Sabine too, wish she could have stuck around. Really great story!
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
well done.

Nicely captured of the confrontation and slow unison of two halves of the same mind. and finally, when both minds became one again, they are stronger now than ever before. Very well done.
Firebirdie chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Late to the party, but this story deserves all the accolades. ALL of them.

This is one of the funniest KotOR fics I have ever seen. The focus is mostly on Sabine-and-Revan, but when the crew put in appearances, they are excellent. I especially like your Jolee and Canderous. But in the midst of all the hilarity, you keep a strong core of honest emotion. It's funny, but it's not hollow. And that is why I'd call this one of the BEST KotOR fics I've ever seen.

(Hell, you made me root for Sabine-and-Revan and Carth - and I normally can't stand that ship!)

Bottom line: "On Being A Sith Lord" is brilliant, and so are you.

Ciao :)
MyRandomName chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
easily the best kotor story I've read
Jenetikitty chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
WHat a fantastic story. It's been a long time since I played KOTOR, but even without the characters being fresh in my head, this was good. this was right. :D I loved the writing, the humor, the interaction between characters... awesome :) My only beef with the story was that she didn't end up, ahem, knocking boots with Canderous ;) But, minor quibble. :)
shebali chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
I've been digging through my old favs, and found this, and ended up reading this story again. And it's as enjoyable as I remembered. Thanks again for your work!
Zhor chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This was rather well done. I was hoping that there would be more of a shift in plot, but the internal mental development was interesting to see.
Who'sObsessed10 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
This is one of the best KotOR fics I've ever read. Revan is absolutely hilarious-I lost count of the number of times I cracked up while reading this. Carth was so very Carth, and he and Sabine were adorable. The ending was horribly sad and depressing and bittersweet and just... gah. I still don't know if I liked the ending or not, but the ending and everything before it were both awesome.
claymade chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
That was a very, VERY nice piece! The humor was absolutely hilarious, and the ending... dang, slipping in something like that on the end of a piece that was overall so light-hearted in tone, and yet having it fit so well... Dang. It just covered all the bases so well, humor, tragedy, romance, drama, making you really think...

This was a brilliant story; thanks very much for sharing it!
Mother of Ducklings chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
I can't even articulate how much I'm in love with this story. I love the humor. I completely misinterpreted "double-bladed lightsabers" and was laughing out loud before I realized that probably wasn't the intended gag, but hey. I love the repetition: foot rubs, drunk mandalorians, boots (can you tell who my favorite is?) and Revan's voice is perfect. The idea of Revan with pink carpet on the command deck- priceless. The humor made it easier to take how sad the whole thing was underneath. Favorite. Also, I feel like I should mention that I found this through TVTropes, in case anyone wants to see what else the page is recommending.
Brave November chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This is awesome. Full stop. I love how you've kept the humor in this, given Revan a coldness and a sense of humor, and avoided the "oh my gods, I'm so guilty, if you love me you'll kill me before I go dark side again" that I seem to encounter a lot.
Crisium chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This was absolutely the wrong story to read in a silent house where everyone else was sleeping, because I could not for the life of me stop laughing aloud but the story was so entertaining I couldn't make myself put it aside for later. I would copy and paste my favorite parts but I'd just end up copying the entire thing. This story is a delight from start to finish. Thank you for writing it.
highwayunicorns chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
*Slow claps*. This was both hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. You wrote it really, really well. It took me a little bit to work out that Revan and Sabine had become one again, and what she'd realised/remembered, but when I did it was one of those 'oh god' moments, haha ;) I'm really sad now, so thank you for writing this so flawlessly to make me feel this way!
Akseel chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD.
I just stumbled on this story through tvtropes and... well, I'm barely a few paragraphs into the story and already laughing my head off. So much so that I'm jotting down comments as I go because I feel this is going to deserve a smashing review.

"The Force could go hang. She would kill him with fist and lightsaber and teeth and toenails if that was all she had left."

...That created a somewhat disturbing mental image of Revan killing Malak with her toenails. I'm still trying to decide if it's anatomically feasible.

I really want to quote *everything* to tell you how much it made me laugh, but that would take forever, so... let's just say I loved every single witty repartee.

"She took an opening that no one in their right mind would take"

Screw what I just said. This is awesome. I love a degree of insanity in a character (makes them unpredictable and fun as hell). And your brand of humour scores a perfect hit with me.

Before I forget, the thing with Carth and fantasizing was SO funny.

Oh god. You gotta love a Dark Lord of the Sith going berserk.

"Good ol' Canderous. He won't care if I'm Darth Revan. Heck, he'll be ecstatic. Probably call all his little Mandalorian friends to brag…"

I can just picture it, you know. Canderous over the 'com calling his friends. "Hey guys, you'll never guess who I'm travelling with. Yep, that's right. Revan the Dark Lord of the Sith, whole planets fall in her wake... Yeah, I'm so lucky. Wanna come over for a mass execution or two ?"

"Sabine was intrigued to see that the inside of both Mandalorian and Twi'lek nostrils were nearly identical."

...I'm sorry but I have absolutely no comment to make to that one. Except maybe "fucking hilarious".

"There had been "What's A Star Forge, and Why We Care." There had been "Kashyyyk Culture and You."

...I'm running out of synonyms to say just how hard I'm laughing right now.

"Canderous, as she'd predicted, thought the whole thing was just unbearably cool. Mandalorians didn't use words like "cool" but she got the gist. There was something disturbing about the enthusiasm with which he was cleaning his guns, as if he was hoping to be given the order to execute everyone in the room in the next few minutes."

And I knew there was a reason why I always liked Canderous so much.

""I don't…feel…evil. I mean, I have no desire to suddenly kill you all or anything."

"Disappointed Statemen—"

"Quiet, you."

That one is just too funny for words. I'm beginning to like HK too. I always found him mildly irritating, but this is priceless.

"The weather system over Planet Onasi was looking distinctly stormy."

Dammit, I'm back to quoting every single line, but... I can't help it if it's just that funny !

"He grunted an acknowledgement, yanked open some drawers in the med bay, found a tube of something anti-fungal, and left again."

I don't want to know.

"... some bizarre Mandalorian version of athlete's foot from the shower"

I SAID, I don't want to know !

"I was evil, you know, not cruel."

This is... unexpectedly profound.

"This would be a much easier argument in Rodian. Now there's a species who understands its pronouns."

As someone who speaks several languages, I find this, appropriately enough, too funny for words.

"I promise not to stage a coup of the motor functions unless you're about to do something profoundly stupid."

Heaven ! Stop making me quote every other line ! There won't be enough space in the review box to fit everything !

"[After a comment about wooing Mandalorians on a pile of dead game] The mental image was brief and searing and required no help at all from the back of her head. No! I—no! That's disgusting!"

I don't know why but I find that one hilarious as well. And, well, I'm probably more insane than Revan, but I can't help but find it a little romantic as well. Although the dead bodies probably stink.

"She stabbed at her oatmeal again. It glorped."

Forgive me for asking, but English is not my first language. Is that an actual word ?

"Oh—shit—don't cry, beautiful, it's not—shit—"

This is so unbearably sweet that I'm having trouble reading on.

Okay, I'm done reading, and I don't have much left to say. I really love the humour in this story. Light, subtle, snarky... I was hooked the moment I started reading. This has to be one of the best Kotor story I have read in a while, if not ever.
79 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »