Reviews for The Path of a Lie
MeredithBrody chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
this is beautiful. It really is. Thank you for writing it.
kate chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
what a great story - very clever. Thank you for sharing it with us!
anthrohands chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I loved this! It was so clever the way it all linked in to all the events throughout the show, really well written and in character! Thanks for writing )
anthropologist chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Great story! I loved the writing style - it's always very interesting to read a story written in parts like this one - and the subject matter. Both Booth and Brennan were IC throughout the story and I especially loved when Brennan kept interrupting him at the end. It seemed so like her. :) The story came together very, very nicely. Thanks for writing!
smile952 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
This was absolutely fantastic... I love the approach you took and the fact that we could see how much the characters have grown since that lie. I can't wait to read more of your work!
SuperSquint chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Wow! Great writing! In character superb. Tell me about Booth's lie please!
Kristina chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Very nice, I've always thought they should address that inconsistency. I'd love to read your Booth story.
Katniss730 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I loved this story. I have always thought that it seemed strange that there was this mysterious grandfather that got Bones out of the system. I would love for the show to explore her backstory from her time in foster care more.
Sheytune chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
This is a really interesting way to tie up some loose ends starting with season 1. Nicely done.
LondonLi chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I really liked this, if only because it explains why Booth's behavior seems super caring at the end of season 1 and why he makes some REALLY bad choices afterwards. Obviously he would have figured this out and called her on it at some point! I'd love a companion to this!
Jdragonfire29 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
like it. please continue
rgilbert chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Very nice piece. The characters are in keeping with the series- it's highly believable that Brennan lied to protect herself. (Although it's probably because the powers that be had not put together a full history of Brennan or decided later to change it.) I always thought that she might have gotten herself out of the system by inventing a grandfather and using the child welfare system against itself to cover her tracks. But that seems OOC for her since she is inherently honest and follows the rules to a fault. Your idea, that she lies to prevent people from pitying her, is more in keeping with the character. It provides her with a means of protecting herself from unwanted emotions- something she's probably had to do since childhood given her genius intellect.

You write well. You show good restraint in how the characters come togther which is very much in keeping with them.

Thank you. It was a pleasure to read your work.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2