Reviews for Distractions
fallunder chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
alisa231 chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
I loved this line -classic Edward:

"And he just smiled at me and said, 'not silent enough, Tanya'."

I liked seeing Edward through the eyes of Kate and Tanya. You included some great details about him in Bella's conversation with them. I especially liked the comment Tanya made about Edward wanting to believe he has a soul even though, he doesn't think he has one. Very insightful.

I also liked how you played with Tanya's character. Thank you for not making her a caricature. You did a good job conveying her deep loyalty to Edward being the primary reason for her somewhat cold treatment of Bella.

"I hadn't accepted Edward - his generosity, his words, his beliefs." and "I knew now, I would die for Edward Cullen."

Wow. Those two lines had such an impact after Tanya's parting comment. I feel very proud of Bella. Your attention to the details and nuances in her character [and Edward's] makes this story so fulfilling. Thanks. :)
starla1979 chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
What a great chapter and i can't wait to see what is in that Tiffany's Box! Did you intend for this to be a prequel to Bloodlines? I ask b/c it looks like Jake is about to go wolf but I am unsure how close he and Bella are going to get.

I loved Bella's epiphany. I enjoy how in your stories you explore their relationship on a much deeper level and look at aspects of it that were never really developed in the original saga. I never thought that Bella could see how rejecting Edward's nature (outside of being a vampire) could be construed as rejecting him. I can see how the evolution of their relationship into a true partnership could begin with this story and come full circle in Bloodlines. If this is not a prequel, I still believe it is strong as a stand-alone piece. Keep it up!

P.S. I noticed that you had a Bloodlines outtake on twilighted but it was not here. Would you consider posting it :-)?
sherryola chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
wow! What a powerful and sad but hopeful story. Bella's epiphany was very moving.
Viola Cornuta chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
I read every chapter with delight.
serinity818 chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
oh my poor sweet edward...i absolutely love your story and will die unless you continue it...and soon please...i read fanfiction a lot becuase i have no life and this is one of the bes ti have ever read...i love it completly...your storyline is amazing...please update and conitnue...
cvds chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
Great chapter! Cannot wait for more:)
oAmyBlacKo chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
oh, nice chapter. i really liked the conversation between Bella, Kate and Tanya...

excited to read what you plan for Bella and Edward next!
dazzled eyes22 chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
I was surprised Bella willing went into a car with two strange vampires, but I am glad that she did. She gained so much insight on not only Edward, but herself as well. I liked that Tanya did not let her jealousy get in the way of the information exchange and who would guess that she would give Bella the best advice about herself. Thanks for another great chapter!
Eviefan chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
First of all I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying your story. You're doing great with this. What I really like is how you have incorporated ideas from the books into your story. I'm glad Bella met Tanya and Kate, and you have stuck to what Tanya's persnality seems to be from what we saw in the books. She has a crush on Edward and it was evident in the way she tried to make Bella seem there was more than met the eye. I for one was glad Bella saw through her after some time. Kate was one of my favorites. I can't remember if there was much of her in the books, aside from BD and when they came to witness for Renesmee.

I think my favorite and most telling part to this story so far is Bella's realization that her not accepting what Edward wants to give her, both in gifts and otherwise has really hurt him. She seems to be growing up and I'm excited to see how much change she will go through before she sees Edward again.

Jacob's got a secret.. Now will Bella be able to know about this since she's not as close to him as she was in NM? I'm anxious to see what you will do with the rest of this story. Your a great writer. Keep up the Fantastic work.
Edward's Eternal chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
OH a present from Edward that was in the ceiling ?

What a rotten weekend poor Bella had...

bloody Tanya- always trying to get at Edward..

Bella WILL find him... um right ?
PenName76 chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
So many thoughts, but first let me just say this must be a Thursday-Before-Good-Friday miracle! I couldn't sleep and checked my email on my phone at 5AM PST. I was amazed that in less than a week there was another update!

So hot springs, eh? I'm hoping you'll revisit that later on in the story. And the jacket? Might there be something in the pockets? I love that Tanya is jealous! I know she wasn't a jealous person in the books, but is it awful that I had hoped for some sort of smackdown between her and Bella in Breaking Dawn? I know, I'm part of the problem, not the solution.

Anyway, your writing style as always is fabulous and you have given us a Bella that is introspective and caring. A Bella worthy of Edward. I love every detail that has been so carefully constructed for the layers of this story. It's so lovely and this is as well crafted as Blood Lines. You took a common story line and have made it original. I so wish that you would write a version of Midnight Sun. I know that is asking a lot though.

Again. Absolutely lovely story.
joayla chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
She found a vampire and got Edwards jacket woo hoo.

What an amazing chapter this is fantastic so far !
Raewright chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
Thank you so much for writing a Bella that isn't cluelessly, frustratingly self-deprecating!
ebhg chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
"Tanya obviously had feelings for Edward, she might have caught him half undressed by a hot spring, but he clearly didn't return those feelings and she'd never made out with him in the back row at the movies."

I love that Bella has the confidence in this story to make this conclusion on her own, rather than be intimidated by all the innuendo that Tanya was tossing around so casually.

I'm riveted- I can't wait to see what happens!

3,282 | « Prev Page 1 .. 197 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 217 .. Last Next »