Reviews for Distractions
aliceg1967 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I forgot to mention in my earlier review that one of the reasons I had a connection with your Bloodlines story was that I was born in Kew and every day for the first ten years of my life my mum would pick my dad up from Kew Gardens Station after work with my sister and I and we would all go for a quick walk in Kew Gardens before dinner. I have been living in Canada for the past 15 years so felt very nostalgic when you mentioned Kew in your story. Thank you!
aliceg1967 chapter 4 . 4/10/2010
So happy to discover that one of my favorite authors is writing again. So far I am enjoying it and look forward to reading more.
smartassblondie chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
always remember that quick updates makes happy reviews ;)

I really like the direction you've taken new moon because in a lot of ways Stephanie Meyer was so unrealistic she tried so many times to show Bella as a fighter and strong, someone who wouldn't live without Edward, not someone who couldn't, and i feel this is more true to Bella and also their love, thank you for creating someone who could fight

xoxo

Nikki
Elizabeth440 chapter 4 . 4/8/2010
As with Blood Lines, you are making Bella so much more sympathetic and understanding. You beautifully fill in the glaring gaps and inconsistencies that made the canon character incredibly annoying. Your Bella still starts to react irrationally but then she pulls herself back so convincingly, as illustrated by how she recognizes that Edward would never let a woman pump gas. And then she realizes how selfish she was being by not letting Edward love her the way he wanted to.

I'll never understand how SMeyer thought that she was making canon Bella so honorable and selfless when all she did was make her so selfish. Thank goodness these characters are so well served by your talents!

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this story goes!
wilhelmiina2 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Huh, strong beginning, this is the way it should have gone originally..
sunnytheretoo chapter 4 . 4/5/2010
I'm really enjoying this story so far! I see this as a proactive, more adventurous, less-whiny take on NM. Your Bella is made stronger by the love she shared with Edward, not weaker. :) And I like that you made her see the different facets of acceptance and generosity in this last chapter.

I'm curious as to how the new guy at school will fit in. Will there be something useful in his father's book? His build up seemed rather involved, so I'm guessing it will be more than that? Will he help Bella cyber-stalk the Cullens? Hack into credit card records?
afmtoo chapter 4 . 4/5/2010
I like the direction you are taking this story - that Bella wants to find Edward, not just simper and sigh and feel sorry for herself, but to be angry that he was so vile to her.

Thanks

AFMxx
HedgehogDK chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
Oh, please tell me Bella and Edward will get back together.
ReDish chapter 4 . 4/3/2010
Great idea! Can't wait to read more.
lazykate chapter 4 . 4/3/2010
Such a wonderful story and a refreshing Bella, I can't wait to see where you take this!
moreadventurous chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
another amazing story.

can't wait for the next chapter :)
Twilights1Fan chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
That chapter was written so well. I feel bad that Bella walked away with no tangible information to lead her closer to Edward however she is now armed with information to help her except Edward in her heart even deeper than she let him in before. I feel that she is closer to the truth now than ever. I can't wait for Alice to get the magazine subscription, and the message that may help Bella find Edward quicker than shed hoped for.

I really am curious now as to whats in that Box form Tiffany and Co. I am hoping its an engagement ring. That might hurt her further but it may give her more reasons and motivations to find Edward now.

I can't wait to read more so please post another update soon. I love this story and look forward to learning more. Thanks,

~Jennifer
lindsey21412 chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
OMG did he buy her a present? I love how Bella is learning more about herself through this. It's hard to wait and learn what happens next!
amsrule chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
ah! i just smiled and smiled and smiled when i read the ending. its so sweet, and i really want to know what happens next, so update! pwetty, pwease!
elislyn chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
I am still really enjoying this fic. In fact, I'm finding one of the things that is making it so easy to enjoy is that you seem to pick very good places to space between, or cliffhang, between chapters. No matter how desperate or fruitless Bella's search for Edward seems during the chapter itself, by the end there is some hope. Another door has opened for her. I'm interested to know what the Tiffany box is all abou since I'm not remembering that part from canon. Also, I really like that this is a scenario for New Moon that hasn't been written yet that isn't crushingly depressing or boring or Bella/Jacob.
3,340 | « Prev Page 1 .. 199 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 219 .. Last Next »