Reviews for Yrthbound: The Brothers' War
skywiseskychan chapter 27 . 4/24
Well now you have gone and made me sad. I liked Yuka too, and you had to go kill her to show things are serious. Not that I disaprove, just putting it out there. I am a bit surprised Akane's berserker charge actually worked, or at least worked without friendly fire. I could easily see that happening.
Natalie-E-G chapter 27 . 4/6
Good battle, sorry to see Akane lose a close friend but that is what often, almost always, happens in war.
Neihaera chapter 27 . 4/6
Could have been worse ... fords can be held. Bridges have to be taken.
Rune Tobor chapter 27 . 4/6
I checked the little box that is supposed to keep me logged in.
But for whatever reason it does not work all that well.

Thanks for the new chapter, and I am flattered that you read and replied to my review.
Not sure if I have said before, but the best reply is just more of the fic.
Maybe the two lines or sentences could have made the difference and Yuka would have dodged...

Thanks again! :-)
skywiseskychan chapter 26 . 1/27
It's good to see a chapter of the perils of war finding our heros. And of course getting to see that not all bad guys are all bad guys. Even if they really shouldn't allow themselves to be bad. I'll have to chauk that up to differnt environments in growing up though. Much rougher ones.
Rune Tobor chapter 26 . 1/24
Great job!

Now if he can assassinate some corrupt churchmen the war will be half won!
Natalie-E-G chapter 26 . 1/23
1. The link for looking at the map of Yrth does not appear to work. Here is a link that does. www. sjgames gurps/ books/ banestorm/ banestorm_maps. pdf. It is not a mega map but it does have a map of the entire world as well 14 other maps of individual areas. The maps are all by J. Kovach.

2. I hope Lord Brance is dusted before you finish.
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 chapter 26 . 1/23
Long wait but good result. I eagerly await the update.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/7/2014
Too many unknown characters. Too slow a start. Too many apparent plot holes such as why are they suddenly able to go back to earth via the cave of the worlds? Since they already knew about it, why haven't they used it to go back previously and get tech or people? Main problem though is that after four chapters, it's boring.
Blu3Drag0n77 chapter 4 . 5/27/2014
I actually think that even during phmethodshardship it's just human nature to try to improve ones lot in life. If any of the refugees that come through are auto mechanics their knowledge of the workings of car repair would translate into new gearing setups for grain mills, plumbers and hvac workers would have steam boiler knowledge. Maybe some of the traditional metal forge apprentice would come through. There's knowledge of forging the Japanese katana and other traditional metal working methods. Even if they restricted themselves to making tools. The steel quality would far outstrip in durability any other tools. And Ranma knows martial arts carpentry as a means to repair damage he might do to the dojo. A new japanese village may start out as grass and mud huts. traditional japanese buildings are fairly basic in design. New Edo would grow fast. Dr. Tofu and the rest have modern medical knowledge. That is stuff that has far reaching effects. So you can't really discount. There is going to be a minor industrialization going to occur.
skywiseskychan chapter 25 . 5/14/2014
"At least she isn't a Muslim." I love the reaction that Wallace is giving to Nabiki. Especially surrounding her faith. Upsetting all his preconceptions is very fun.

Also more of Nabiki throwing up. Yiii she's going to become bulemic at this rate. Though it is nice to see that emmesaries are still being treated well and with respect back and forth.
Rune Tobor chapter 25 . 5/10/2014
Ok on the scouts. And you don't have to answer me in text at all.
My questions are more food for thought or food for any plot bunnies.
Just ideas, like any suggestions I may leave.
Question or suggestion it means your fic made me think some, that's good.
And talkfests are ok, not every chapters has to be a fight.
Thanks for the update.
Shinzochi chapter 25 . 5/9/2014
well i am looking forward to the next chapter, i like what you had Nabiki do, she does manipulation so well
Shinzochi chapter 24 . 3/3/2014
lol the bad guys are sure going to get a major surprise in the coming chapters and i am looking forward to it, and i feel sorry for Akane for both of her problems, though i can't say much for friends dieing i do know how it is to be going with out in the bedroom, particularly because i am still a virgin and my first and so far only girlfriend that wasn't through the net was back when i was 18 adn only lasted the school year and i am currently 26
skywiseskychan chapter 24 . 2/24/2014
I must say I'm really glad to finally get a map. It will make things so much easier to visualize now that I can refer back to it. Of course now I want even more of the big picture intrigue and what the Nerimians and the rest will be getting up to.

It's nice that the Knights Hospitallar noticed somethings fishy, but I wonder what the king will do if he does have to both meet the rebels in the field and try to defend against the knights. Admittedly you already laid the groundwork with their being able to move much faster than even their own side suspected, but there are still limits to where and when they can be in two places at once!