Reviews for Tellin' Me Stories
Mouton1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
OMG, how awesome this is, I can't even
-There, I said it. You've created something magnificent that I enjoyed reading without measure. Thanks for that :3
owelpost chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I really enjoyed this. I'm sorry I don't have anything better to offer in terms of a review, but this story was great and your style is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Viedyn chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Wonderful story! The tone was just perfect, gentle and calm. The whole fic had a nice flow to it, and I love how you've depicted the characters and their relationship. Makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside.

One thing in particular I'd like to applaud you on is how you also managed to capture that feel of "not wanting" with the ending, if you know what I mean? Like how Shepard doesn't feel the need to push that something between her and Samara. Sometimes when you read a one-shot, you really want it to continue on, but with this one, I felt quite happy with the end, but at the same time I'd be happy if there were more? Anyway, it was really good - I'm really starting to like this pairing now.

writer-jm chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I agree! The 'net needs some fShep/Samara love! It kinda stunk how she didn't give ya a chance. But thanks for working it out in a nice, subtle way. No sledgehammer, which I tend to use, just a little bit of compatibility and hints.

I especially enjoyed your moment explaining how packed the Normandy is with experts of every type! Just thinking about it blows my mind. There isn't much that crew couldn't figure out. Although, the mechanic speak from Tali makes me want to glomph her... LOL!

A very well worked out story within a story. It distracted me enough to roll my eyes and tell the huntress and diplomat to start making out all ready!

I admit to being blonde enough to not catch the perspective of the story at the beginning. Of course, starting out "Dear Liara" would have been... too blunt? But then where would the fun be in putting that together later? LOL!

ThatLoneWolf chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
i might be a little late, but ur story is still good i thought i'd let u know :)
Wisegal chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
I loved this story. Samara was probably my favorite new character in ME 2 (although my FemShep's favorite Asari will always be Liara). Her story just broke my heart, and as you imply in the story I often find her seeming larger than life. You did a wonderful job with the characterization of both characters, and it was refreshing to see. :) You have a good grasp both of prose and dialogue, which makes your work fun and easy to read.

As some other reviewers mentioned, The ship wouldn't be cold in the situation you described. If environmental controls were to become compromised, heat wouldn't be vented into space properly and the crew would be in danger of overheating. However, there is an easy fix. If you changed the situation to a general power failure where the drive core was temporarily offline, your premise would again be believable. It is the drive core that produces most of the heat that is both radiated into space and used to heat the ship. If the drive core is offline, then the cold of space would become a problem. Secondary power systems would produce enough heat to prevent snap freezing the crew, but would keep it unpleasantly cold.

On a more creative note, you could even use the emergency lighting that would be in use in the above explanation to suggest sort of a "campfire glow", which would fit in well with your idea of cocoa and storytelling. The Normandy's emergency lighting has already been established as red in color, so it would work. Your story is good either way, but this is just one suggestion to help provide an easy fix which would allow for a more realistic suspension of disbelief.
Lyaksandra chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Good, loved the first person perspective, very well told, of course it leaves us wanting more, and that would be its greatest letdown, i didnt really found any big mistakes, and dont care to remember or find them :), im also pretty sure you are already aware of any if there are, so just keep up the good fight.
Atiaran chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
This is *very* nice. Samara is one of my favorite characters in the entire game. I respect her tremendously, and most of the people I see writing her can't do her justice. You have. The fable she tells Shepard is absolutely right and exactly the kind of thing I *could* see her actually doing in-game. Good job.
defaultisset chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I REALLY liked your Shepard, very good characterization. I'm looking forward to reading more about her and more of your stories in general.
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
This was marvelous, I loved the tale, the set up was wonderful and I am glad to see a Samara story as she is one of my favorite characters from Mass Effect. Thank you for writing this.
KatoSora chapter 1 . 4/7/2010

So I absolutely loved the way you wrote this!

I really think you should expand upon it.

I also love your Shepard

I really hope to see more!
Star Fata chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Well, I like the story.
Elizabeth Carter chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
I enjoyed the special moment between the two and the story Sumara told. You are correct in that for ME2 there are so few Shepard/ Sumara ( preferbely fem shepard/Sumara though that might because if shepard wooed / won Liara in ME1 they want to stay loayal) I thought sumara was a wonderful character and I liked the sharring of coco.
Ondjage chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
LOVE IT! And I haven't even played Mass Effect yet... but I'm a huge Dragon Age fan so it's only a matter of time
Juxtaposedjoker chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Wonderful story. I really enjoyed your Shepard and the story you picked for Samara to tell was perfect. You were able to keep her incredibly complex character intact. Kudos!