Reviews for Breaking Glass
midnightPhilosopher chapter 6 . 3/3/2011
Awww, sweet Valentines Day ending. I thought you captured Mai's character well in this story, and Joey too.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 5 . 3/3/2011
Well, I now realize what you mean by “nuyoruku”. The actual katakana for New York (which I assume is what you were going for) is Nyuuyooku. When you say it slow it sounds funny but it sounds pretty close when you say it fast. If that coffin is supposed to have like, your greatest fear, then I have to say Joey’s, well, I won’t say. It’s something Kaiba would probably agree with though.

Oh my gosh Joey x Mai is also adorable in a sort of Tsundere kind of way.

Ah Amnesiac Yami, I always wondered if vaguely homicidal/sociopathic Yami from the manga freaked out when he found out how the items were made. I don’t remember reading what happened. Although, I guess he was in Pharaoh Atemu-mode, who hadn’t been bound to the millennium objects yet, so I guess he could have been? Geeze, it seemed like every bad guy from the manga was sociopathic, even Kaiba. I’m really glad he grew out of that. Mostly. And Mokuba! Being used to the sweet kid from the anime the manga Mokuba at first freaked the heck out of me too!
midnightPhilosopher chapter 4 . 3/3/2011
Nothing much to say about this one either. I did find it weird that you pointed out that Mai doesn't have a connection but then you showed that there was a connection, or at least it seemed like you did. Was this connection made by Hery-whatshisface for the purpose of luring in Yugi and Joey or was Yami wrong about the lack of connection?
midnightPhilosopher chapter 3 . 3/3/2011
Hm… not much to say to for this one. I was always kind of pissed off by the power knowing someone’s name gives you over them. I dunno, that’s just me.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 2 . 3/3/2011
Hm… I don’t remember clearly but didn’t the Yugi/Téa pairing not go anywhere? I mean, I think it was somewhat open ended or Téa realized she had a thing for Yami and not Yugi or something… and I don’t think Téa was exactly oblivious to how Yugi felt either. But that’s just me.
midnightPhilosopher chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Oops, meant “Breaking Glass”. Wrong order, right words. Also, ugh, my bad. The question about the ancient Egyptian should have been directed more at Vathara, although I assume it could also apply to your main bad guy’s name. I went and looked through“Roll the Bones” seeing as I should have a backdrop for your story, but I must say I have no experience with “Sentinel”, I’ve never even heard of it before this.

Anyways, I found your sort of interpretation of the Shadow Realm powers that be to be interesting. I always sort of pictured the Shadow Realm as an essential neutral place. Dark yes, a place that will chew you up and spit you out, but not actively trying to like, take over the world or whatever. The same with the monsters- they never seem to be particularly picky about the moral alignment of their masters. But that’s just me!

I would have to agree with Téa; I’d have to get used to timesharing my consciousness. What does her mind world place look like I wonder? I don’t image they all look the same. Anyways, I point this out because I found it to be more realistic that she (Téa) would be a little apprehensive about using a millennium item, especially given her often less than stellar experiences with them.