Reviews for StarBlazers End of Days
Red Rangermon Sr chapter 8 . 1/21/2011
Good story, very well written. I like how you put elements of the 3rd series of Star Blazers into your story. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your next story.
Freddo chapter 8 . 10/14/2010
What a cliffhanger...I liked the reunions with the crew, and also liked Desslok and Wildstar working together.

I liked how the Mauritanians are having such trouble with Venture and his wife and family and with Nova...blowing up four power plants to free children being executed...you go, girl! It's amazing they're letting her live after all of stuff she's pulling...the one question that is begged here is...why hasn't the genocidal enemy executed her yet? When you resume this, that is something that will need to be addressed. But...otherwise...great job!
susan chapter 7 . 9/26/2010
great story! please keep writing ') ')
Freddo chapter 6 . 9/24/2010
Excellent chapter...and we have things moving with Yamato! Nice job; I hope they can get Desslok to believe Derek is the real McCoy...

FREDDO
Trelaina123 chapter 4 . 8/19/2010
I loved this chapter - good for you for going to that Very Dark Place and not backing off! Nice building of tension, too.
Freddo chapter 4 . 8/15/2010
Wow!

This chapter changes everything. I mean...everything. And in this chapter, you start a new timeline.

The enemy is really INHUMAN. Their hatred of the Star Force is just incredible; and now, I know, they are sadistic, sick, genocidal, and have no honor.

My biggest problem? This chapter is a bit short, a bit rushed, with so much going on. Wildstar and Nova's last moments together could have communicated so much more (even though in the next chapter we KNOW what...happened...making it happen off-screen. Scripture would have put it, "and lo, he knew her, and they begat Setsuna"...As we have different styles, you do not need to handle this the way myself, Ami, or some of the other writers on my site handled it. Your means, taste-wise was just fine. Still, a lot more could have been communicated with a few words...just a few more...)

Another problem (that is not bad but could have used a little more scientific explanation) that the Yamato's wave motion gun, in my opinion, would not be strong enough to destroy Earth **by itself** (I stress that). I know it blew up "Earth" in Be Forever just the same way, but that was explained by the fact that the wave motion energy reacted with the Black Nebulans' Beta Energy. The first Star Blazers Comico comic also gave Yamato the same power, which seems a bit excessive. Maybe the enemy put a capsule into the wave gun to cause some type of reaction that overblew or hypercharged the wave energy enough to blow apart Earth? Sort of like Desslok's Hyper-Desslok Cannon in Yamato III, but on a bigger scale. Yamato:Rebirth uses a trick invented by Sanada to enable Yamato to blow away a Black Hole with the Wave Motion Gun, so, yes, it would work. It just needs something...special.

But, otherwise, nice job! It just needs a bit of filling in, here and there. In your quick-moving style, maybe just twelve more (carefully crafted) paragraphs would do it.

-FREDDO
Freddo chapter 5 . 8/15/2010
I skipped ahead and decided to review here. This chapter and the past chapter were very sweet, sad, and poignant. You told me what would happen to Wildstar, but...I didn't know it was going to be like that...wow...

You have quite a "situation" here. Hoping Wildstar can do what he has to do and and that he and Nova and Setsuna can be together again. Wow!

-FREDDO
Trelaina123 chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Great job! I love how you're handling the characters. Can't wait to read more - keep it up!
Freddo chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Jeff:

Hi. Meant to review this tale for a while, but I've been waay too busy.

You have a very interesting opening premise here; Wildstar, filled with grief over his failures from Be Forever, almost does what Nova almost did in Final Yamato; luckily she saves him from giving into his grief. I liked the scene between them later on at the Wildstar house...very cute!

I wonder who the new enemy is...and what they want? Anyway, I wish Yamato luck. Nice job on a nice first chapter.
mightydreamer chapter 1 . 7/7/2010