Reviews for The Saltwater Room
xo.skyla chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Omg this . . . is so touching and heartbreaking yet perfect thanks to the end - how they've got a future to look forward to. Their little girls dying was so sad . . .

I'm on this whole Roxas/Kairi kick at the moment and this sated my need - temporarily anyways. xD
arans chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
every time i read this story i end up lip-wobbling and teary-eyed by the end
like seriously within the word count presented i got really attached to them
and their backstories just seemed really unfair (esp with kairi's miscarriage)
just. idk its 7am and i havent slept so i cant really word this as well as i wanted to
but you really made me feel for them and connect with them as actual (fictional) individuals
ill definitely be coming back to reread this more than once!
Justice Tokidoki chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
This was a pretty touching and dynamic story. I felt you represented their relationship perfectly, it all built up to a deep scene that allowed the characters to move forward from the mess they crawled out of. Very well done.

It works well like this in oneshot form. Great work.

Justice T.
Her Head In the Clouds chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
That was beautiful.
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
love. seriously, this was beautiful and it makes me ashamed to call myself a writer when clearly, all i put out is words. honestly, there can never be enough roxiri in the fandom and i hope you find motivation to write some more. really though, wasn't sad but it was moving enough to make me tear up.
Kelus Maximus chapter 3 . 7/26/2011
Great story loved every bit of it :D
xXPrincessMXx chapter 3 . 2/12/2011
I don't really know what to say...

To start, maybe...

I'm not sure I'd call the two first chapters and the third one one story...

But I like them both :D

The first two are, in my opinion, more meant for readers on the Internet, who need a good story to read, with enough fun and enough seriousness to keep their attention.

The third chapter is totally different in that case!

It was way more darker than the first two, and yet it was really touching too.

I hope you get the story published... and then I'll be sad because it won't be sold in my country immediately :(

I'll be always looking forward to it though :D

Good luck and thanks for the amazing story...
Shire Folk chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
You're not being selfish. If you think that you stumbled upon your "Great American Novel" through a fanfic idea concept, then I say GO FOR IT and tell us when you've got it done and if it's getting published. I'll be sure to look for it in a bookstore if it does and I'm more than willing to pay for it.

As this stands though, this third chapter alone works as great closure and your best oneshot in its own right (if we take this chapter by itself). At least, I think it's your best. This works because it can stand on its own two feet without the previous two chapters (which I admit I did not go back and read through and only remember brief details about them).

Heck, if you switched the names from Roxas and Kairi to something else like Joshua and Sarah, you might even be able to send it 'round as a short story to those magazine and textbook publishers and get your name in the system, if they approve of it.

Best of luck in your endeavours with this.

May the Grace of the Valar Protect You

Shire Folk
luckynumbereight chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
This story is absolutely beautiful, in every sense and implication of the word.

I realize this is technically an outline, and thanks SO, SO, much for updating. :) I'm finally at peace with this story. (That sounds silly doesn't it? oh well. It's true; Asylum is just THAT good.)

Because of all these reasons, you are definitely one of my favorite authors on all of fanfiction.

Thanks for not leaving your readers dangling. I know what you mean when you say that you have come across your brain-child; fanfiction just doesn't do justice.

I wish you MUCH, MUCH success if this story ever gets published (which, if this is the outline, my god it will be gorgeous) and will definitely read the completed version if that ever hits book stores.(After reading this, publishing should most definitely occur - the publishers would have to be out of their minds not to accept Asylum).

Looking forward to all your future stories,

~luckynumbereight
Amadeus Inkblood chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
...My God, I've struck gold.

It's strange, but it always seems to be these small, not-popular genres that always have the best writers. I don't know if that has something to do with the writers, the content, or the system, but so it is I guess...

Anyway, the story is great. I wish I could say more, but I'll have to leave a more detailed review in the next chapter. Right now, I'm too busy. Suffice it so say that I love this story, and after having read it, I have no qualms in putting it under my Favorites.

In short:

An excellent read for anyone looking for a quality piece with humans characters with realistic problems - problems that are all the more potent BECAUSE they're realistic.
Dusty Bones chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
Og my goodness I'm so so so glad that I found this fic! :D It's truely amazing, and interesting, and mysterious! Although I think I MIGHT have an idea where it's going, I'm probably wrong. ;)

I really like Roxas and Kairi's relationship so far, and the way that you have them like making comments throughout the whole thing. That's really unique :D

Ok, please update soon! I'll be reading!

Have a great day!
luckynumbereight chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
please update soon!
6- Kiara -6 chapter 2 . 7/27/2010
Update update update update

C'mon UPDATE
luckynumbereight chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
I really love this story so far! update soon...
Krystal McKenna chapter 2 . 6/6/2010
Oh dear, where to begin. There are so many things I want to touch on in this chapter alone.

Despite the definitely serious overtones throughout this chapter, it made me laugh a lot. Particularly the attack-Kairi, the discussion about whether she needed to move off the bed and the jeans. Oh my goodness the jeans. :D

Let's see, what next... Ah yes, I like that you kept the parents OCs. It honestly makes it easier to think of them as human. You're doing a lovely job keeping the KH characters feeling like real people, but there's another level when you kind of have to paint the parents as the bad guys in certain situations.

The inner monologues were an excellent addition to the story. I think they add a bit more of a personal touch to the narrative.

Oh yeah, and the whole "Roxas' mom is a 50s housewife" part was brilliant. I loved the description of Kairi's lying method. :D

I loved the way the fight at the end grounded the chapter and pinned it back to the seriousness of the story. That last line in Roxas' closing monologue... I loved it.

"One way or another,

we were already flammable."

Genius I tell you, genius! Can't wait to see where you take this.

Um.. yeah... I think that's all. Heh.