Reviews for For Love and the Game
Vstriker chapter 31 . 1/25/2011
Victor Rocks

What is your Greatest Strength: Do you really have to ask? I'm the essence of awesome here.

Greatest Insecurity: If i even had to worry about one I'd say not being able to protect my subordinates.

What motivates me: I'm never going to stop until I'm the best at what I do. And I'll keep moving up and trampling anyone who tries to stop me.

How have I earned to oppurinity: 1. I bagged Haley, C'mon that should count. 2. I'm the greatest. 3. I could smash your face through the wall.

Abel Shinzo

What is my greatest strength: I'd say my great mind, and my ability to put up with Vic. That should count for something.

Greatest Weakness: ...I'm kind of lazy. And when i get into a book it kind of blocks my attention.

Motivation: If I let that loud mouth Vic get ahead of me i'll never hear the end of it.

How have i Earned this: You put up with Vic for a year. I put up with him since childhood. I DESERVE this more then ANYONE whose ever met this guy.
123456789845615 chapter 30 . 1/23/2011
Whoops, I meant that Rachel is 100 lbs. Sorry, I was working on another piece at the time.
Titanic X chapter 31 . 1/23/2011
Oh, I have an idea for another character. Hope he can be in it, and can he be Misturo's rival?

Name: Sora Mikano

Height/weight/dress: Height is five foot eleven, weight is a hundred and four pounds. He dresses in a white shirt with a red vest and he wears blue jean shorts with yellow and white sneakers. Hair is brownish blonde and he has blue eyes.

Mannerisms/speech patterns: He is very polite sometimes, but he's a bit of a jerk, despite good looks. He has a habit of speaking sort of formally.

Habits/health/disabilities: Studies engineering, is also an avid Kingdom Hearts fan. He is in good health all around.

Year in School: same year as Mitsuro

Deck Theme: Kingdom Hearts Awakening (I'll send ya the list via PM.)

Psychic ability: (something that might help a duelist) Reading minds, except for Mitsuro's because of her strong will.

Personality—Aggressive or Passive? A bit agressive when dueling.

Personality—Logical or Emotional? Logical and emotional both

Personality—Gracious or Gruff? He appears to be gracious, but deep down he's a gruff man

Personality—Private or Expressive? Very expressive, hinges on dramatic

Personality—Self-Confident or Insecure? Very self-confident, but also a bit insecure.

What motivates you? What motivates me is to be the best duelist I can be, and to show how better I am when compared to Duel Academy wimps.
123456789845615 chapter 31 . 1/22/2011
Name: Rachel Avila

Height/weight/dress: 5’2”. favors black and silver clothing and accessories with hints of purple. Her hair is black and her eyes are dark, almost black.

Mannerisms/speech patterns: She’s the type of person who doesn’t talk much unless she wants to say something or make a point. When she does talk, you kind of…listen. Her tone is almost always cool and collected, but utterly apathetic. She often flips her hair out of her face, brushes it back, or examines her nails when talking just to display her boredom. Has a very macabre sense of humor.

Habits/health/disabilities: She tends to have a way of sneaking up on you or “appearing” out of nowhere even though she’s been there for a while. She often stares/examines you for a long period time. Has slight sociopath qualities but they’re pretty much unnoticeable. I would honestly say that it is not for certain if she is completely sane.

Year in School: Third year

Deck Theme: Fairy Synchro (I’ll PM you the deck list)

Psychic ability: (something that might help a duelist) Emotional influence

Personality—Aggressive or Passive? Passive

Personality—Logical or Emotional? Logical

Personality—Gracious or Gruff? Gruff, however she can be gracious. It just usually there isn’t a reason for her to be.

Personality—Private or Expressive? Private.

Personality—Self-Confident or Insecure? Self-confident.

What motivates you? I would say that Rachel is an idealist, in that she always strives for social justice even though she is cynical about it at the same time.
Nodqfan chapter 31 . 1/22/2011
Hillary will be back.

What is your greatest strength? Her ability to prove people wrong.

What is your greatest insecurity? Being accepted by others because she has a disability

What motivates you? Her passion for dueling.

How have you earned this opportunity? (Why you and not someone else?) Just beacuse you have a diasabilty doesn't mean you can't accomplish your dreams, it just mean you have to work a little harder to accomplish them.
ZAFT Prime chapter 31 . 1/21/2011
I want to have an OC here.

Name: Tai Ishihara

Height/weight/dress: 5 foot 8 inches/ 147 lbs/ blue shirt, white jacket, black jeans, white sneakers

Mannerisms/speech patterns: Shy and quiet, speaks only when spoken to, but only in Japanese. Knows English, but rarely speaks in said language

Habits/health/disabilities: Builds model kits of Gundam (can be seen with one almost every time)/peak physical and mental health/Asperger's Syndrome

Year in School: 2nd.

Deck theme: Similar to Zane's deck during the first season of GX.

Psychic ability: None

Personality-Aggressive or Passive? A calm aggressive- he does not lash out.

Personality-Logical or emotional? Logical in all manners.

Personality-Gracious or Gruff? Gracious...I think.

Personality-Private or Expressive? Private

Personality-Self confident or Insecre? Insecure around others.

What motivates you? To find out what can be done to protect others.

Hope to see him in soon!
MercWithTheMouth13 chapter 31 . 1/21/2011
Name: Kasch Murdock

Height/weight/dress: 6'2/ 210/ White jacket, black undershirt, blonde khakis, black boots, black fingerless gloves, sunglasses; Black Gun shaped Duel Disk

Mannerisms/speech patterns: Mouthy, annoying at times, never shuts his mouth, makes pop culture references.

Habits/health/disabilities: Cracking Knuckles, neck, back, etc./ phsyically healthy, muscular / Disociative Identity Disorder ; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Year in School: Transfer ; 3rd year

Deck Theme: Gadget Rebels (I'll send a Deck List)

Psychic ability: (contact me if you need suggestions) ? What like Teleportation?

Personality—Aggressive or Passive? Aggressive

Personality—Logical or Emotional? "Emotional, like my pet kitty Wiggles." *Cat Hisses* "Good kitty."

Personality—Gracious or Gruff? Gruff

Personality—Private or Expressive? Is shooting people expressive. JK!

Personality—Self-Confident or Insecure? I feel like the king of the world!

What motivates you? The fact that my mouth is the ultimate weapon. Destroying my opponent's is only fun when I can talk to them about it. The first step to solving your problems is with healthy communication.
MercWithTheMouth13 chapter 30 . 1/21/2011
Name: Kasch

Year in School: Transfer ; 3rd year

Deck Theme: Gadget Rebels (I'll send a Deck List)

Personality—Aggressive or Passive? Aggressive

Personality—Gracious or Gruff? Gruff

Personality—Private or Expressive? Is shooting people expressive. JK!

Personality—Self-Confident or Insecure? I feel like the king of the world!

Coin of Light and Darkness chapter 31 . 1/21/2011
Form A: Hayley Wislon

What is your greatest strength? Determination to do anything

What is your greatest insecurity? That Serpentina and Pan will one day surpress me

What motivates you? Finding my brother Satchel

How have you earned this opportunity? (Why you and not someone else?) I don't give up easily and I'm a hard worker and will do whatever it takes to achieve my goals

PS: I have a new deck for her, tell me when you need it.
RoyalShowstopperXIII chapter 31 . 1/20/2011
I'll be re-entering Alister and Jessica into DA

Alister:

Greatest Strength: His loyalty to his friend and now fiance Jessica.

Greatest Insecurity: Sometimes he's a bit headstrong and becomes overconfident or cocky.

What Motivates You: The feeling of dueling and becoming one step closer to becoming a Master Duelist (The highest ranked duelist Examples of this: Yugi Moto, Seto Kaiba)

How have you earned this opportunity: Because he and Jessica are pro duelists and used their winnings over the years to pay for school. They wish to learn more about the game of Duel Monsters and become better.

Jessica:

Greatest Strength: Her loyalty to her friends and fiance, Alister

Greatest Insecurity: She sometimes thinks that she's not a good enough duelist because of her gender.

What Movivates You: Proving guys wrong of girls dueling and becoming one step closer to being the greatest female duelist in the world

How have you earned this opportunity: See Alister's reason
Mavrik Zero chapter 31 . 1/20/2011
pretty cool floor plan can't wait to see the next arc.

and now for the slacker to fell out the form

Form A (for existing characters)

What is your greatest strength? able to plan and strategizes

What is your greatest insecurity? trying and failing

What motivates you? wants a changes of scenery

How have you earned this opportunity? (Why you and not someone else?) freshmen perfect and one of the few things I show an intreste in
tiramisu19 chapter 29 . 1/20/2011
For the last chapter of an arc, this sure didn't resolve a whole lot. However, leaving our heroes in a state of flux is a good way to ensure continued readership and is infinitely preferable to "they lived happily ever after". I look forward to seeing your next arc.

One thing I am interested in is the hostility between Matt and Bryan. The first two arcs, they were chummy and now they've become distant. Bryan's obviously feeling cheated, because he thinks that it wasn't actually him that taught Matt how to play so well. It's a good dynamic, but I find myself longing for simpler days when Bryan was just as important as Matt. He basically dropped off the face of the Earth this arc.

Great job, look forward to seeing the next arc.

Happy Writing,

-tiramisu19
Mavrik Zero chapter 29 . 1/20/2011
great chapter. can't wait to see the next arc, sounds intreasting. hope to see it soon
Coin of Light and Darkness chapter 29 . 1/19/2011
Hey, great chapter, Hayely finally got to duel! How much longer until the story is finished?
Mavrik Zero chapter 28 . 1/2/2011
grat job on both chapters keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the last two