Reviews for Differences
frizzy.writings chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Oh I love this! It's well written and it's entirely unique amongst the thousands of Fire Emblem fics that are out there. The idea in this story is what makes it so great, and it's executed quite wonderfully. I really can't say much else other than it is excellent.
Frog-kun chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Oh, Wil, one of my favourite FE7 characters. If Rebecca hadn't been in the same game, I would have called him best sniper ever.

I always liked to believe that Wil would see his family eventually but... I like what you've written here. It's very powerful, especially in the middle there, when Wil figures out what Lyn means by "letters".

I suppose Wil is most like a Gen Y than anyone else in Fire Emblem, if you think about it a little bit. Heh.
Trevor X chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Well, color me surprised. I wouldn't have pegged Wil as one for deep thoughts, and yet you managed to find deep thoughts through the simplicity of thought that fits with Wil's character. Bravo and well done!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
That's a very good point, actually. The nomads of Sacae are honourable and proud, but they are still a very community-based society, perhaps the most of any in Elibe - blood for blood and all that. They are also somewhat more egalitarian - though the Western Islanders are probably even more so than the Sacaens. Wil is from a class-based society which is actually, despite having ruling lords, fairly democratic - in contrast to the monarchy of Bern or the oligarchy of Etruria. His and Lyn's cultures are very different in terms of policy, way of life, upbringing, values ... you name it. They have similarities of course, but it's good to see how you address the differences - not to mention that Lyn, having LOST most of her family, would feel that Wil is metaphorically throwing his away by not being near them.

In addition to addressing this concept rather well, you've also highlighted one of the more interesting friendships of FE7. Until now, I always felt that Lyn should've had a Support with Sain instead of Wil. Here, however, you've emphasised why their friendship is explored - it not only broadens the two characters as people, but it deepens one's understanding of Elibe itself. That is something definitely WORTH exploring.

Continue with this thought-provoking writing at your own behest.

gODSPEED!