Reviews for Knight Wolf
Eldonyx chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
Really neat story. I loved the references to SG1 - there's so much potential for a crossover with that... Sometimes goa'ulds do end up on Earth, after all, or it could be something else?
I don't know if you are planning a sequel or not, but the idea makes me grin like mad. Especially the reactions of SG1 meeting KITT and Airwolf.

No pressure, though. I can easily imagine my own stories if you don't.
But if you do? I'll be more than happy to read.
Tigris DivingHawk chapter 15 . 1/30/2013
Great story it is amazing that when you grow up watching these shows then read story's you can see in your mind the things that are described and the voices saying the parts
Keep up the good work
BenRG chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
A great story! Well done! You've caught the essence of those late-80s action/adventure stories and carried them forward with more modern ideas and concepts.

I enjoyed your thoughts on the nature of artificial intelligence and how both KITT and Airwolf would think in different circumstances. I also think you got the humans' personalities right (although, by the nature of the story, they were less important). I think you had a suitably good villain too. I doubt that there would be a sequel, given that this story is now two years old, but I hold out hope.

Thanks for sharing this fine work with us!
BenRG chapter 14 . 10/20/2012
A suitably cinematic end. I strongly suspect that, if he was still capable of speech, Garthe's last words were: "I hate you, Michael Knight." Well, that old Jedi proverb about hate and destruction has been fulfilled again!
BenRG chapter 13 . 10/20/2012
They really need to think of a bigger combat systems suite for KITT. Maybe talk to someone at MI6 and pull an old weapon set from one of James Bond's cars - anti-missile countermeasures (including interceptor guns) and flexible offensive/defensive options like mines, cutting lasers and machineguns.
BenRG chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Garthe is basically a narcissistic megalomaniac. It is highly unlikely that he has realised his 'customers' would dispose of him as soon as they have Goliath Mk2 under their control.

He is also overconfident. He's already exposed the limits of his machine's capabilities and that means every moment he leaves his enemies (including KARR's wealth of knowledge of his psychology and movements) alive, they are getting closer to a weapon or tactic that can stop him. The problem he's facing is that he is mentally incapable of admitting that they could be a threat so he has started to show-boat. That will cost him.
BenRG chapter 9 . 10/20/2012
I find myself wondering how the armour on that thing would work against a high-energy laser... It occurs to me that it must have a small battleship's worth of explosive ammo on board and overheating all that chemical explosive would probably ensure a pretty showy fireworks display in the lower atmosphere.

As for Garthe... well, I suppose in the unlikely event that a manic narcissistic egotist like him could be taken alive, the trial at Gitmo might set a few precedents.
BenRG chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
I figure that thing can manage forty kilometres an hour, tops, and probably manoeuvres like a pregnant hippopotamus. Even assuming its MBS is immune to everything short of a direct hit from a nuke, it's just a matter of luring it onto a bridge and blowing out the supports.

I'm /hoping/ that Garthe isn't so stupid as to make it too easy; there has to be some kind of challenge from this guy to make it worth the effort, irritation and the likely interminable debriefing at The Company afterwards.
BenRG chapter 7 . 10/20/2012
The problem with coercing co-operation is that you only ever get the bare minimum.

Meanwhile, I would say that Garthe's mercenaries are rapidly exiting the land of the living. The data on Garthe would have filled in all the check-boxes in Airwolf's "legitimate target" criteria and I'm pretty sure that she's orchestrating a bloodbath.
BenRG chapter 6 . 10/20/2012
Goliath was, in many ways, symptomatic of Garthe's basically unimaginative mindset. It was a huge, rolling lump of heavy metal lacking any of the agility, flexibility or subtlety of the Knight Industries Two-Thousand concept. Like Obadiah Stane, Garthe Knight assumed that size, armour and raw firepower were the most important features of any combat vehicle. In fact, all he did was make something slow, vulnerable and lacking manoeuvrability.

Personally, if I were to turn a tractor/trailer into a combat vehicle, the ultimate outcome would look something more like M.A.S.K.'s Rhino assault rig.

It will be interesting to see if his Mk2 effort is any better.
BenRG chapter 5 . 10/20/2012
Garthe always struck me as the most pathetic of villains in the action/adventure shows of that period. Vengeance is a failure's dream; no enemy is forever. He had the skills, intelligence and ability to make whatever path he wanted for himself and yet he spent years and ultimately (in canon) lost his life trying to somehow prove himself better than Michael. A sane man would have wanted to be himself, not feel he had to overcome some rival that he had chosen for himself.

I suspect that KARR will only wait as long as it takes to override whatever fail-safe Garthe has attached to him. After that... well, he was always a slightly obsessive mind and I suspect he will want vengeance on the human who presumed to try to make him a slave.
BenRG chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Yes, I can imagine that KITT would find Airwolf troubling. I always got the impression that Wilton had programmed him with some analogue of Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics. Airwolf, on the other hand, is a sophisticated killing machine. Although she has /chosen/ loyalty to String, Cait and Dom, her primary program directive is the efficient and merciless destruction of the enemies of the United States of America. In strict human psychological terms (always iffy when dealing with an AI, especially one that spontaneously emerged from a learning algorithm), she is a paranoid sociopath. She knows that human life has a philosophical intrinsic value but if her mission requires its destruction, she would not let this philosophical niceties distract her even for a second.

It occurs to me that KITT and Airwolf's data-link conversation probably lasted no more than a few dozen milliseconds from beginning to the moment of Michael's 'phone call and likely occurred on several dozen levels simultaneously including mission recordings, document transfers and IFF (Identification Friend/Foe) definition updates.

I also found KITT and Airwolf's reaction to each other interesting. They are two unique minds, after all. There are very few things on Earth like them and that must bring with it a certain loneliness. That might be a little lessened now.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/20/2012

DavidChipman chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This is great stuff! Loved both shows, and it's realy intresting to see Airwolf with an AI! Very cool!
annependragon chapter 15 . 8/27/2012
Oh wow. Can't really say much more than that. Highly enjoyed
127 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »