Reviews for Gordon's First
Sailor Centauri chapter 1 . 4/13
This story was really good and nicely written, and I really liked the interaction between Gordon and Scott. Nicely done.
LiseLore chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Great story ! Your writing was aweome, you really felt for them.
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Hey now that was a great story. had me feeling sorry for Gordon here but thank god for big brother Scott lol
Bumblebee.Is.My.Hero chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Aw :')

That was really, really sweet. I have to say, I like the fact that it was Gordon who was the character that dealt with it as well; it was interesting, in a good way, to see a change from the prankster we all know and love. And it's always good to see Scott in his mother hen mode

Genuinly love this
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I thought this was simply marvellous! You captured Gordon's character quite beautifully; a joker and a laid-back prankster he may often be, yes, but you showed us that despite all that he is still as fragile as any other human being. And death affects us all, no mistake.

Oh, and Grandma was wonderfully portrayed. Lovely work.

Thanks for sharing!
clumsy.carrie chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
aww this story was so sweet! i love gordon... and he doesn't get enough fanfics because he's the 2nd youngest and it's way too easy to make all the bad stuff happen to alan instead. good job!
juho69 chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
I liked this. It dealt with emotion without being too slushy. I was glad to see Gordon as the central character as I often feel he's overlooked. And I always like Scott's older-brotherly concern. Very good - do write others.
Silver Bee chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Great insight into Gordon's thoughts and feelings as he dealt with the death of a child. Some really emotive writing here. Good old Scott to the rescue again - I always enjoy a bit of brotherly bonding - but typical Scott to pretend it was only Virgil who got emotional before having to confess that he could cry too. Really liked this. Bee
Once.A.Queen.Of.Narnia chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
I enjoyed this immensely. I love how you really got into touch with all the feelings Gordon felt after the rescue and how he couldn't stay with just one emotion.

I was in tears myself whenever he talked about his time with Rosie. It's a kid thing to worry about their new clothes! The ending was equally as sweet with the whole Gordon/Grandma moment! I rarely write reviews but when I love a story, I just have to make one! 3

I would love if you made a one-shot about how Scott and the boys coped when Gordon and Rosie were caught in the avalanche!
Athena's Owl chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
This was so incredibly poignant. You captured the essence of the characters really well I think. You nearly had my crying when you described how Rosie was worried about her snow boots. It's exactly the type of thing that children notice in that type of situation. I remember a moment from my elementary days when one of the pipes burst and the fire alarm was set off. Everyone was worried about their back-packs and lunch-boxes.

If I hadn't seen the side bar, I would have thought you were going to end it when Scott left. It was such a nice little end-beat. But I'm glad you included the moment with Ruth/Grandma. It made a nice mini-epilogue. And I'm pretty sure that Ruth is fanon. It's one of those things that someone started and has caught on like wild-fire. :)

Thank you again for sharing this wonderfully touching piece with us.