Reviews for Mistakes of Our Parents
jcforever19 chapter 1 . 1/31/2015
Love this! I don't usually read HA fics, but this was so touching. I love how Arnold insists she's not like her mother. I also like that in some ways Helga defends Miriam without entirely absolving her of her mistakes either. Great read!
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Awww, so fluffy.
ShiningEmerald0 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I love this. I decided to read it because it was featured on the "Hey Arnold! Fanfiction Awards" forum. It's so cute!
Myriamj chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
It's so cute! I love that you loves write stuff like this.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Awesome story. I could definitely see Helga acting this way as a mother. She wants to avoid making the same mistakes her parents made, partcularly her mother. She wants to be the mother she didn't have growing up, and she's going out of her way to do that by making sure their daughter has a decent lunch and will be taken to preschool by her and Arnold. Helga feels that she has to make it up to her daughter with all this because Miriam never did it to her.

But I read a fic where Helga was scared that she would turn into her mother while she was pregnant and Arnold reassured her that she was already being a sweet and caring mother, just like how she is here. That's part of why she needs Arnold, for that confidence and reassurance. He can give it to her like no one else can.

Awww, it's so sweet how Lucy is already for school, and Helga assures her she won't ever have to walk there alone. And she's wearing her mommy's old bow with matching pants! How cute!

Helga will be a wondeful mother to the child she will have with Arnold. :) But she'll still have some of her old traits, like punching her football-headed husband with Old Betsy and the Five Avengers!
Tuesday chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I'm glad you love writing this stuff, because I love reading it.
Unsure-Dreamer-87 chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I read this one on the forums.

Good one-shot.

loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Aw adoreable work here and yeah I think Helga would be a great mum
Ellivia22 chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
I LOVED IT! Great job! ~Ellivia22~
Kpfan72491 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Great Story. I loved it :D
Animelover231 chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
AW what a wonderful one-shot! Very cute and not mindless at all-you really got their personalities. I so hope to see more of these two in the future! :D
Flintphone chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Ah, that was a great one-shot. Arnold and Helga with children should be explored more often.

Flintphone
Esus927 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Really nice and cute. Nice job.
BlueSaber chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I love this little one-shot. It's fluff, but not mindless, as other reviewers have pointed out. Helga would naturally be confronted with the issue of not wanting to be her mom when she gets kids of her own, which could very well cause her to become "Supermom."

I like how Helga also still has her edge, calling Arnold Football Head and all that, but they work together and understand each other. Very well done!
Miles Kaufman chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Fluffy, yes (and what's wrong with that? :P ) Mindless, not a bit. The idea of Helga dreading to be like her mother and, to an extent, Arnold always wanting to be there for his kids (since he knows what it's like to not have your parents around) is not exploited enough in the fanfic world. The idea lends itself for some great writing, not all of it fluffy either, being parents (successful ones at that) is one of the most maturing things Arnold and especially Helga could go through. So if you ever feel like you got something else in store for this fanfic, I wholeheartedly think you should pursue it.