Reviews for The Rules
BlueWater5 chapter 2 . 6/5/2014
Nice story.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 2/23/2013
She should've asked a reason. I thought her the one person who wouldn't just call me a filthy Slytherin Death Eater and be done with it.

-Good point.

He's used to doing the dirty job, as decently as possible. And to being despised for it.

-Yes, indeed. What a pity that her tolerance will never extend to any *other* Slytherin.

Nicely done. But does Snape still die in the Shack? Of course.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
For Merlin's sake, neither she … nor Flitwick, nor Hooch, nor Hagrid, not even Poppy … none of them would have lasted a week. And yet she hadn't realized. Blind loyalty, she thought. Blind, stupid loyalty.

-Aha! Minerva finally fetches a clue. How sad, though, that she still automatically equates Slytherin with Evil and Gryffindor with Good. You would think that her most recent experiences would have taught her otherwise, but this way she can keep her prejudices. I suspect she still thinks of Peter Pettigrew as a Slytherin-in-hiding.

One hopes she realizes someday that all houses belong at Hogwarts, and not just hers-but she will never learn it at this rate.
Snarky64 chapter 2 . 12/30/2012
This was great. I loved it, but I can't work out ChAn - sorry for being dense. That aside, a really enjoyable story.
MuggleCreator chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Brill. I always imagined Minerva was one hit hardest by Severus' "betrayal" – you can 'see' it in the Hospital Wing scene after the Battle of the Tower in HBP. I also thought she'd be one of the hardest hit when she realised it had been a ruse...and Severus, her colleague and friend, was dead, so she could not apologise. "Albus Dumbledore! If I could i would slap you!"
Kerubim chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I kind of take a slight issue with her (Minerva) saying snape was a Gryff and Albus was a Slytherin (not really but you know what I mean).

It's like she doesn't understand that Slytherins are brave too and not every Slytherin is evil. In fact most of the time when someone is bullying someone badly (with the exception of Malfoy), or calling someone a coward, or even breaking rules it's always the Gryffindors. I'm sorry but I think it was insulting to her to lightly bash Slytherin like that.

Great story though.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Creative and amusing game idea.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
something to add to the game: AD!MOC XD hope you can figure that one out!
icansoar chapter 2 . 5/23/2011
Oh this was lovely - they understand each other so well!
Furionknight chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
Riddle Master 101 chapter 2 . 9/8/2010
Fantastic short story. I love the Minerva/Severus interaction...and the Game is simply hilarious. I can just picture them, sitting there in Order meetings, near the back, bent over this piece of parchment, scribbling back and forth. And should Dumbledore ask what they're doing, Snape would look up with a "taking notes, what else?" sneer. When really, they're insulting everyone. Simply hilarious.

Anyway, bit of a sad fic, towards the end. I wonder how Minerva reacts when Severus dies? Does Severus let her know that they'll never see each other again? Of course not, he's not that sort of person. But I would image that she'd be very upset when she does discover his death.

Anyway, thanks for the great fic.

Riddle
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Superb beginning! I love the idea. Frankly someone needs to talk about Harry as a Horcrux. There has to be another way. Albus was never one to ask anybody for help but he also wasn't a great wizard. He didn't know everything.
Ladybug21 chapter 2 . 6/9/2010
This is a brilliant little fic. WONDERFUL dynamics between Minerva and Severus, balancing anger and humor so well - the last line even made me a bit teary. I really, really enjoyed it... bravo!
misundersnape chapter 2 . 5/10/2010
Very good!

Of course, my heart wants to see her give him a hug, but my head suspects it wouldn't be possible. She's still a little too wary of him, and he needs to maintain the armour... it is his only preserver at this time, and others still abhor him and say the awfulest things I imagine. Minerva is not the only one whose 'friendship' he lost, no matter how thin the friendships were to begin with.

I shall reach out instead... Poor, brave Sev.

Thanks for sharing...

misundersnape...

*quietly pimping my own fics...* Review returns...? *pleading look*

:D
waterside chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
Brilliant story, exquisitely written, with a stunning ending! I loved every moment of it. Thanks for writing!